53 replies to this topic

#1 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

I have just spent hours resizing and organizing May 2013 pictures and I am only half way threw the month Grrrr I am very frustrated but I need to keep going 1000's of pictures to do of mushrooms and plants weeds and garden oh some very interesting plants and I have gotten better at my light contrast and definition with white fungi / plant Indian pipe pictures in there somewhere ??

I usually post a thread on that plant or mushroom once a name has been found my fav threads cause other people (you) all offer what you know about that plant / fungi it is very fun for me to organize these and take pictures of what I find in the woods :)

So here is a few pictures I was working on this morning to give me more inspiration to keep going :)

IMG_6906.JPG IMG_6941.JPG IMG_7069.JPG IMG_7100.JPG IMG_7114.JPG IMG_7125.JPG IMG_7146.JPG IMG_7160.JPG

and these r not very special I started in May with the spring out door pictures :P wishful thinking

but deep summer I have some very cool pictures of plants to share with you all :) I really want to keep going but I give up too easily :( I know some of you will help kick my butt and help me get thew the rest of the year while I am bored this long cold winter thanks in advance friends :)

• eastwood, kcmoxtractor, Stoned Angel and 3 others like this

#2 leimon

leimon

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Those are beautiful! I know you are busy, but annotations would be helpful- I don't recognize any of these by name. (Except the rabbit :biggrin: ).

• wildedibles likes this

#3 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Well we names the rabbit stew ;) ... I was thinking to name them too but thought oh well just wanted to share the pictures I will name them next time for sure

1)hyacinth 2)Mullien 3) Stew 4) Avens 5) false lilly of the valley 6) Pin cherry 7) Tulip 8) Lettuce

Thanks for your kind words :)

#4 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

Here are some of what I was working on this morning ;)

IMG_7363.JPG IMG_7364.JPG

This one is (Horse Tail) Equisetum

This is the fertile stalk you can see some spore dust on the tip, if you shake this a whole bunch of spore dust comes out

The bushy plants will come out in a week or so after these stalks pop up

IMG_7385.JPG

A close up of a fern unfolding fiddle head from a bracken fern I believe (Pteridium)

IMG_7411.JPG

Blueberry flowers finally got a nice picture on sunny days the white flowers are hard to take a picture of them they are usually all washed out with no detail ... I am happy the way this one turned out :)

IMG_7470.JPG

This one is Labrador tea Rhododendron groenlandicum I believe that is the one that grows in bogs these are found near cricks small ditches or rivers around here

Here is the orange back to the leaves it is really hairy they are ready for tea when there is orange on the back in fall threw to spring.

Summer it is a silvery color in the new growth which needs to age first to get this orange color to it

IMG_7476.JPG

IMG_7522.JPG

Apple blossoms :) While I was planting the garden I heard buzzing humm... there was a humming bird around I looked behind me and wow the tree was full bloom and alive with buzzing bees and humming birds :) beautiful the sun was shining threw the blossoms and I was amazed :)

IMG_7523.JPG

• eastwood likes this

#5 leimon

leimon

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Well we names the rabbit stew ;) ... I was thinking to name them too but thought oh well just wanted to share the pictures I will name them next time for sure

1)hyacinth 2)Mullien 3) Stew 4) Avens 5) false lilly of the valley 6) Pin cherry 7) Tulip 8) Lettuce

Thanks for your kind words :)

Those lettuce are super cute. Stew is pretty cute too. I wonder how he tastes, though.
 Thanks for sharing!

• wildedibles likes this

#6 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

The lettuce grew really good in that big pot : ) was able to nibble early cause I started in indoors and took it out durring the warmer part of the day in at night so it grew ahead of what was in the garden making our lettuce patch last a little longer

I am not sure how stew tasted he got away ;) we have tons of bunnys around here : ) they stay out of the lettuce tho ;)

Man it is 5am and I am still in may 3rd day on the 24th but this is a big wild walk day so I have a good 100 or so pictures in this one to go over ... I only resized a hand full of pictures and didnt delete blurry ones so I have 5-10 pictures of the same thing ;) need to pic the best ones and resize cause all my pictures are huge to get the tiny detail if I choose to crop .... I want to quit but I need to find some nice pictures to add i here today cause I didnt find any cool pictures in there yet ;)

Here is a new Avatar picture for me to use for now :)

strawberry.JPG

Edited by wildedibles, 17 December 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#7 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

Here is some wild straw berry's in the woods : )

IMG_7772.JPG IMG_7773.JPG

Actaea pachypoda (doll's-eyes, white baneberry)

http://en.wikipedia....ctaea_pachypoda

These white almost lace like flowers against the green back ground : ) wow love the contrast this is a toxic plant the berry's in the fall look like eyes white berry with a black dot they really look like eyes.  I have some pictures of this plant in berry in the fall too just have to get there ....

IMG_7792.JPG IMG_7808.JPG

Tiarella cordifolia (foam flower)

http://en.wikipedia....ella_cordifolia

IMG_7843.JPG IMG_7837.JPG

Red Trillium  Trillium erectum

IMG_7849.JPG IMG_7848.JPG

My Grandmother told me I was alloud to pick all the stinking Johny's I wanted to ...

"Grandma they don't stink.... oh yes they do yeck"...

"do not bring thoes inside please, Grandpa don't like them" said Grandma

in Ontario we are not alloud to pick the white ones they are our provinces flower ...but the red ones are fair game I like the deep red color best always have : )

Edited by wildedibles, 17 December 2013 - 06:33 AM.

• Stoned Angel and 1967FordTitus like this

#8 1967FordTitus

1967FordTitus

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 2,099 posts

Donator

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

Wild, this is an epic thread, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
  • wildedibles likes this

#9 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

#10 leimon

leimon

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

I forget you're in Canada. I look at all your pictures and think they are recent (as in within this month), and that you live closer to the equator. :-P Silly me. thanks for sharing, Wild- those are pretty. I really like the background on the Red Trillium.

• wildedibles likes this

#11 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,442 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

As always, your photo essays are a joy to browse. I like them all, (and always learn something as well) but the apple blossoms are my favorite. I can smell them in my mind, and it brings a smile and some good memories.

• wildedibles likes this

#12 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

I forget you're in Canada. I look at all your pictures and think they are recent (as in within this month), and that you live closer to the equator. :-P Silly me. thanks for sharing, Wild- those are pretty. I really like the background on the Red Trillium.

Me too :) and ya I have a few feet of snow -20C-40C for last 2 weeks or so I needed a spring break already ;)

The Red Trillium I sat or laid on the ground for this one so I was looking up at the Trillium flower, they droup flowers face the ground so get on the ground to take the picture U end up with ones like these and they are fun my hubby is usually smaks/pinches/pokes  me butt when I bend over and makes some pictures blurry hehe I have to take a few in a row so i set the camra on 1 shot a second and hold the button down ...pic the best pic from there ;)

#13 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

As always, your photo essays are a joy to browse. I like them all, (and always learn something as well) but the apple blossoms are my favorite. I can smell them in my mind, and it brings a smile and some good memories.

I love that tree full bloom me terrified of bees standing in the middle just watching the humming birds :) no one bugged me as long as I kept my mind off the fears of the bees quiet this and I was at peace there fresh spring air :)

#14 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

Still working on May 24 th ... I did peek ahead and a few days are easy so may is almost over :) a little hard work and I am getting some where ;) Thanks so much for all the kind words it really helps to keep me focused : )

IMG_7850.JPG IMG_7841.JPG

There is some woodland near where the trillium's are :)

IMG_7649.JPG IMG_7652.JPG

Can you smell these ? : )

:) Lilacs from my garden I was blessed with a huge established bush when I moved here after about ten years it is looking more beautiful then ever  : )

This next one is some mixed may flowers : ) Trillium, Clitonia (bluebeard lilly) and Star Flower

IMG_7872.JPG IMG_7897.JPG

Last 2 from May 24 ya I am done :) happy happy :) lots of work

April showers bring May flowers this one is twisted stalk it is hard to see in there ;)

IMG_7860.JPG IMG_7867.JPG

The cutest flowers hang below the plant very hard to see if you do not look close ;)

Edited by wildedibles, 18 December 2013 - 06:54 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#15 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

Ok I took a break yesterday I had to get pictures ready for my mother instead so that wins out ;)

I finished May 13 :) it feels good to have one month completely done :) So here is the last of the May pictures I want to share with you ;)

IMG_7948.JPG IMG_8168.JPG

Here is some mushrooms that grow in my veggie garden : )

IMG_8049.JPG IMG_8051.JPG

IMG_8129.JPG IMG_8131.JPG

Some violets and periwinkle

IMG_8105.JPG IMG_8076.JPG

Ok I was peeking ahead this morning : ) Here is a couple more flowers : )

IMG_8351.JPG IMG_8403.JPG

Edited by wildedibles, 20 December 2013 - 04:32 AM.

• Dr.Psilo. likes this

#16 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• Expired Member
  • 1,974 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

I spy with my little eye...

Thanks for a splash of color :happy:

• wildedibles likes this

#17 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thanks Sweetie I thought U would like them : )

#18 Dr.Psilo.

Dr.Psilo.

Scribbly signature

• OG VIP
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

I spy with my little eye...

Thanks for a splash of color :happy:

Agreed. Much needed with all the current gray weather and dull, dormant vegetation. Nice pictures. 

• wildedibles likes this

#19 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Thank you : ) 

IMG_8483.JPG IMG_8479.JPG

Solomon's SealIMG_8487.JPG IMG_8493.JPG

Iris' are my fav flower well there is one more fav but it is a wild Lilly Adder tongue's ...you have to go see them in the woods tho cause they do not transplant well they have a bulb but it is very very deep in the ground hard to dig up ;)

So fav garden flower that I have a ton of Iris I think I have almost every color now see if I can add a picture of every color in here :)

IMG_8426.JPG IMG_8447.JPG

These little blue flowers are forget me not the thing there with them is the Oyster mushroom block of wood with a sign around it to help keep in the moisture ;)

IMG_8494.JPG

and here is my Lettuce pots :) they grew really well and this pot went in the house and out again so we could keep them in on frosty nights and still have our lettuce ;) kids loved it :) Salad pots :)

IMG_8475.JPG

Edited by wildedibles, 21 December 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#20 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

IMG_8565.JPG

Purple Columbine from the garden this is the 1st year the purple one bloomed I have pink ones that bloom every year now the purple ones too :)

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!