thnx peace!

#2 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,011 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

Too many health issues with that one for the usual people to have around ... might have better luck finding your own but be careful it is not a thing u want to play with

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergot

I think I found some on some wild rye grass this year it was fall and the seeds were still on the grasses the seeds had this black thing coming out of them like pictured for this fungi I didnt collect ...I went back to get some good pictures of it and all the grass was cut back when the house was sold so it all gone......

#3 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,831 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:30 AM

So your looking for a live culture of any one of the 50 species in the genus Claviceps?

#4 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

I wish you all the luck in your search........and if you are successful in your search, may your limbs not fall off from exposure......

I also suggest being your own guinea pig if you are planning on trying to synthesize LSD. Again, Good luck with that.

#5 Blueringer

Blueringer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

148a.jpg
grassmold5.jpg
grassmold6.jpg
grassmold.jpg

Next fall I can look for these again. Have no idea on the strain though. Its probably too late in the season this year to find any now, but next year they will be back. Its is possible there are some there now but it has snowed and iced over so unlikely atm.

For reals though dont test anything on anyone other then yourself if you decide to choose this route!! Its not ok to mess with other peoples lively hood its up to you what you do with yours.

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,445 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

There are several arguments on this topic already - please use the search feature to locate them.

I don't get a good feeling from this 

It is my opinion that if you had a snowball's chance of pulling this off.....

You would already have the culture which you're asking strangers to help you locate.

This culture is probably the easiest part of the whole shebang - field hunting, correct identification, isolation, propagation using proper handling protocol. Just takes a little patience and study.

Then, you get into the watched chemicals - the ones the alphabet agencies keep their eyes upon.

FaceBook is not going to be a good place to start asking - nor here @ Mycotopia.

I'm closing this thread.

Please use the search feature to see how other similar discussions devolved and were eventually dumped.

• roc, TVCasualty, kcmoxtractor and 2 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!