Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Congrats Colorado! Worlds First Legal Cannabis...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

colorado.jpg

• TVCasualty and warriorsoul like this

#22 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

As few as 15 years ago I would've still had doubts that I'd ever see this day in my lifetime. Still might not, at least where I currently live, lol.

Anyway, it looks like most if not all the legal shops will be or already have run out of buds, at that's even at the ridiculously-high prices they're charging. Guess that means 2014 will see an exponential expansion of growing, which will be interesting since I bet the only reason they're running out is because most states are still in Reefer Madness mode (e.g. the Florida dimwit quoted a few posts back) so a large amount of what's grown is still being trafficked to the states where it ultimately retails for less than what the shops are charging BUT all the profits are tax-free (there's only that little issue of getting popped for interstate drug trafficking and going to prison, but hey... no risk, no reward, right?).

Harvest Season 2014 will be one for the record books, I'm guessing. And we may be at the tipping point where the rest of the states follow suit and legalize it so as to not miss out on the tax windfall, at which point the Feds will have to back off even if means disappointing the groups with deeply-entrenched vested interests in keeping it criminalized (but those groups are social parasites, so fuck 'em).

• warriorsoul, mate0x and kcmoxtractor like this

#23 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Everyone grows in Colorado though your not suppose to sell it, you can buy it for really cheap all day long.

Stuff that looks like

this 'Grape Ape'

Grape Ape.JPG

Just yesterday, someone whos not me,

cough cough, got gifted some 'Jack Flash' its called surplus 

IMG_0503.JPG

Edited by kcmoxtractor, 24 May 2014 - 07:28 PM.
removed price

• warriorsoul, mate0x, MrGumball and 1 other like this

#24 hopethishelps

hopethishelps

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

removed price info, NO PRICE TALK GUYS!

Edited by kcmoxtractor, 24 May 2014 - 07:29 PM.
REMOVED PRICE INFO

#25 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

REMOVED PRICE TALK

Edited by kcmoxtractor, 24 May 2014 - 07:29 PM.
REMOVED PRICE TALK

#26 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

Hmm, now that it's legal in Colorado it might be time for a policy adjustment since we're not supposed to discuss drug prices. Since cannabis is becoming just another item we can buy at a retail store it'd be helpful to know which shops are cheapest but still provide quality. And I guess it also means we can only discuss the price of cannabis products in Colorado and Washington at the moment (plus the growing number of countries that have legalized). 

Edited by TVCasualty, 10 January 2014 - 08:52 AM.

• bigjimmy likes this

#27 TheObserver

TheObserver

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,260 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

After all, there are certain folks who would rather grow their own smoke and enjoy the fruits of their labor rather than walk in a store and buy something. It may be more convenient for some to live in CO or WA who don't have interest in growing and just want to smoke. Being a former CO medical patient I would choose to grow my own smoke. But good for Colorado even though I don't live there anymore. 

#28 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

Horray, now it is not just Ollie North and CIA in the drug game, it is whole State governments, guess they no longer need my help with distribution.

• TheObserver and wildedibles like this

#29 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

After all, there are certain folks who would rather grow their own smoke and enjoy the fruits of their labor rather than walk in a store and buy something. 

Nonsense. Are you saying there are people out there willing to just commit non-violent acts without waiting for the people who call themselves the government to say it's okay? What's the world coming to?

Edited by August West, 21 May 2014 - 11:51 PM.

• wildedibles, Juthro and Spooner like this

#30 TheObserver

TheObserver

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,260 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

After all, there are certain folks who would rather grow their own smoke and enjoy the fruits of their labor rather than walk in a store and buy something. 

Nonsense. Are you saying there are people out there willing to just commit non-violent acts without waiting for the people who call themselves the government to say it's okay? What's the world coming to?

No, I really don't understand what you're talking about. 

#31 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

please chill on the sarcasm august, it isn't well received by a percent of the population because

they do not have the ability to understand what sarcasm is.

• August West likes this

#32 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

No, I really don't understand what you're talking about. 

Hmmm? Well, let's see...you stated that people would rather grow their own, than walk into a store, etc. I see those folks as the ones who were growing before the people calling themselves the government sanctioned it and will be the ones, not necessarily participating in the "above ground economy" post sanction. So there are people, who, all along, no matter what the "law" is, know that it's their right to grow and consume plants without someone else's approval.

Hopefully that covers it.

please chill on the sarcasm august, it isn't well received by a percent of the population because

they do not have the ability to understand what sarcasm is.

Is it ironic to wonder if you're being serious?

• Juthro likes this

#33 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

no, im being serious. after making friends with a person with asperger syndrome, i realized that not all

people have the capability to interpret such social cues as sarcasm. originally we gave out infractions

for sarcasm, but since part of the human journey is trying to learn to be more empathetic, we are trying

to integrate that into what mycotopia is instead of just dropping infractions. hippie3 was schooled in

psychology, and i feel that his knowledge of things like asperger syndrome may have led to that rule.

i know you have an immense respect for hip, so let's respect his creation and the rules he set forth.

love ya august, keep on keepin' on.

• Dipole likes this

#34 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

no, im being serious. after making friends with a person with asperger syndrome, i realized that not all

people have the capability to interpret such social cues as sarcasm. originally we gave out infractions

for sarcasm, but since part of the human journey is trying to learn to be more empathetic, we are trying

to integrate that into what mycotopia is instead of just dropping infractions. hippie3 was schooled in

psychology, and i feel that his knowledge of things like asperger syndrome may have led to that rule.

i know you have an immense respect for hip, so let's respect his creation and the rules he set forth.

love ya august, keep on keepin' on.

Well, if we're going to toss around resumes of understanding...as the father of a severely low-functioning autistic child, I find that ridiculous.

Not all people have the capability of interpreting everything, no matter what their diagnosis (for the record, aspergers doesn't officially exist anymore). Imo, if one can accomplish joining and participating in this website, they're more than capable of learning to understand a basic range of interaction. I'm not saying this is the case in this particular matter, but frankly (and this may sound hyperbolic), the future looks pretty dim, if it's the proverbial lowest common denominator that everyone must adhere to.

I met someone who is a vegetarian the other day. Perhaps we should cut out any talk of raising animals in "Back to the Land". Oh, look over there, a breatharian who believes no living organism should be harmed...time to shut down mycotopia, I suppose.

I'm willing to bow out though, if that's the consensus. No interest in sacharine. 

Come to think of it...when have infractions been given out for sarcasm? If it's in the rules, I don't believe I've seen that one followed through on. As if Hippie3 was never sarcastic? What a joke.

Edited by August West, 25 May 2014 - 12:45 AM.

• Juthro likes this

#35 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

Sarcasm Sucks

"The older I get, the less willing I am to put up with sarcasm. I find it an ineffective rhetorical tool, only used by those too angry or too fearful to tell the truth.

In writing, sarcasm is completely inexcusable. Sarcasm is expressed through pitch and inflection. There is no way to denote it in writing (though some people try to use "sarcasm markers" which never takes off), and announcing when characters say things sarcastically, it takes out the sting.

Even in speech, sarcasm always makes you sound like a prick. It's constantly used when people are unhappy and they claim they are having a good time because things are not the way they want. This is also known as passive-aggressive whining, which is not a great way to convince people of things.

Sarcasm also gets wrapped up with 'irony', mostly in the hands of hipsters. But in reality, the "ironic sarcasm" that defines hipsters is also known as cowardice. People who never speak the truth more often than not are afraid of it. They are afraid to expose their real thoughts because they could be insulted based on something they actually care about. And that fear is far sadder than any insult could be.

So, speak the truth. Speak simply when possible and explain enough that the people understand your points. If you feel a need to use sarcasm, look inside and ask yourself why. Would sarcasm make your communication more effective? If the answer is no, don't do it. If you think the answer is yes, then get a second opinion."

http://cheffsalad.bl...casm-sucks.html

• Dipole likes this

#36 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:07 AM

Sarcasm Sucks

"The older I get, the less willing I am to put up with sarcasm. I find it an ineffective rhetorical tool, only used by those too angry or too fearful to tell the truth.

In writing, sarcasm is completely inexcusable. Sarcasm is expressed through pitch and inflection. There is no way to denote it in writing (though some people try to use "sarcasm markers" which never takes off), and announcing when characters say things sarcastically, it takes out the sting.

Even in speech, sarcasm always makes you sound like a prick. It's constantly used when people are unhappy and they claim they are having a good time because things are not the way they want. This is also known as passive-aggressive whining, which is not a great way to convince people of things.

Sarcasm also gets wrapped up with 'irony', mostly in the hands of hipsters. But in reality, the "ironic sarcasm" that defines hipsters is also known as cowardice. People who never speak the truth more often than not are afraid of it. They are afraid to expose their real thoughts because they could be insulted based on something they actually care about. And that fear is far sadder than any insult could be.

So, speak the truth. Speak simply when possible and explain enough that the people understand your points. If you feel a need to use sarcasm, look inside and ask yourself why. Would sarcasm make your communication more effective? If the answer is no, don't do it. If you think the answer is yes, then get a second opinion."

http://cheffsalad.bl...casm-sucks.html

I spoke my opinion in the last post.

Do you find it bizarre that you cut and pasted someone else's point-of-view to explain a problem with a rhetorical device? I do.

Can I now assume that whatever you type, is being cut and pasted from someone else?

From the same blog you cut and pasted from...oh, the irony.

Edited by August West, 25 May 2014 - 01:10 AM.

• warriorsoul and Erkee like this

#37 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

I'm willing to bow out though, if that's the consensus. No interest in sacharine. 

Come to think of it...when have infractions been given out for sarcasm? If it's in the rules, I don't believe I've seen that one followed through on. As if Hippie3 was never sarcastic? What a joke.

hippie was allowed to be sarcastic, it was his website. basic rules of the internet...

many members have gotten infractions for sarcasm as a matter of fact. by name aspergers may not exist 

classification just changed into the autism spectrum. that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it is just referred to

by a different name. when i took psychology classes in college it was still referred to as aspergers, it wasn't

reclassified as autism spectrum disorder until 2013.

this isn't going to progress into an argument, if you want to blatantly disrespect the board rules you're free

to go somewhere else instead of disrupting our community. i am acting on the rules in the way that i interpret

them, if you have a problem with that, you're free to take it up with the administrator(s).

you're also off topic, if you want to start a thread defending yourself be my guest, but this isn't the place for this discussion.

Edited by kcmoxtractor, 25 May 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#38 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Wow, that escalated quickly lol

Attached Thumbnails

• meanwhile.jpg

#39 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,014 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:02 AM

I went looking for a place to post this article from Pueblo, CO.

https://www.krdo.com...rices/778217815

Is this teevee news going to be an issue in this day and age?   I only wanted to post it so this Hippie[1] could settle the issue, once and for all.

gallery_131808_1351_9544.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 August 2018 - 12:04 AM.

#40 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:24 AM

"Customers were paying $300 an ounce," says Parco. "Now I'm selling $60 ounces all day long."

That's awesome.  And they say they started a moratorium to stop black market sales, but that doesn't make any sense to me.  If herb is cheap and plentiful legally, there's no reason for the underground market to exist at all, not to mention the violent crime that can come with it.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!