Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Congrats Colorado! Worlds First Legal Cannabis...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,014 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:41 AM

I am sure the issue won't be settled until the government sets up conditions where only a police state and a mafia can make the situation once again workable.  You know, like it was most of our lives. 

#42 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:05 PM

4 years later and societal collapse has not happened nor have most of the stoners purchased all the munchies at 7 eleven

• Myc likes this

#43 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,444 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

I am sure the issue won't be settled until the government sets up conditions where only a police state and a mafia can make the situation once again workable.  You know, like it was most of our lives. 

The more information I take in on this subject, the more I find that you are right. 

I've begun to think of the mafia (organized crime - worldwide) as simply another branch of government. 

To further expand upon this idea:

The mafia is a branch of government regulated and controlled by criminal enterprise within the (supposedly) elected government. Or maybe the "elected government" can be thought of as criminal enterprise by consent of the People.

Either way, it turns out that they're all crooks. Some of them just allow the illusion of being controlled by the People. These are actually the most dangerous criminals of all - because the People believe that they have that element of control (which does not exist except as illusion). 

I let criminal enterprise entertain themselves with the illusion that they control me. By exercising "compliance theater", I give the illusion of compliance in exchange for the illusion of protection. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!