• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Rickton44

Rickton44

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

I have had a bunch of time when I trip.  I just feel super heavy.  Don't know why.  I fight it a lot of times.  I listen to music so I can dance around and get my body moving.  I don't feel as heavy when I go for walks while I am tripping.  But I also have had times where I want to stand straight up.  I'll be pacing in my apartment standing up straight.  I'm a tall guy so i usually slump because most things are not my height.  But a friend of mine that I trip with doesn't get the heavy feeling.  It makes me not want to take them.  I was curious if anyone knows what it is or feels the same way when they trip.  

#2 entheogenome

entheogenome

Summon Elemental

• Expired Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

What is it that you're tripping with? Certain psychedelics can cause body load which could be interpreted as feeling heavy.

Edited by entheogenome, 05 March 2014 - 03:20 AM.

• ChocolateStarfish likes this

#3 Rickton44

Rickton44

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:28 AM

mushrooms. some times acid too.  But mostly mushies

#4 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,307 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:05 AM

Oh No, BODY LOAD!

Time to try new strains. I shy away from many of strains from South America because of this.

Here are some that I can vouch for; PE-6, AT, EG, DK and TLY. I probably left out a few that I have liked too, but I have just woke up.

Edited by Cue, 05 March 2014 - 05:06 AM.

• PJammer24 likes this

#5 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,374 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

It is that " descending elevator drop, bounce thing feeling" kind of like that fat albert thing song bounce that I don't like at the beginning with cubes.  Are there strains that avoid that?

#6 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,307 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

It is that " descending elevator drop, bounce thing feeling" kind of like that fat albert thing song bounce that I don't like at the beginning with cubes.  Are there strains that avoid that?

Oh No, BODY LOAD!

Time to try new strains. I shy away from many of strains from South America because of this.

Here are some that I can vouch for; PE-6, AT, EG, DK and TLY. I probably left out a few that I have liked too, but I have just woke up.

• bigjimmy likes this

#7 Brendo

Brendo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

I feel a heavy feeling on moderate to high doses of LSD, only ever on the come up though. Doesn't really bother me & I've come to accept it as part of the experience i guess.

Can't really comment about cubes though I've only had one big dose and was too busy sitting in awe to notice my perceived sense of mass. My other mushroom adventures have all been below 2 grams so not much body load at all.
  • RainbowCatepillar likes this

#8 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

All mushies have some sort of body load. A strain that doesn't affect me might rock someone else. So I think naming strains that don't do it would be subjective at best.

I would try Pans because the body load is totally different from cubes.  Think Limo verse Taxi;)

You can always play around to find the right dose and strain that works for you with cubes too.

Best of luck. :thumbs_up:

~Dani

• Shadowlord, Juthro and Cabbit like this

#9 Rickton44

Rickton44

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

The mushies I have have been taking are lizard kings and golden teachers.   I took some with some friends of mine and she said she felt light.  But I still felt heavy.  and usually the heaviness is around the start of the trip.   

#10 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,303 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

I find the heaviness a result of what substances I take into my body.

Those ancient wise ones who preached abstinence and fasting knew something.  It seems that only when your body can detoxify and reach perfect homeostasis can your mind is clear enough to feel the most sublime intuitions.

With mushrooms, I fast.  It cleans you inside.

With ayahuasca, this work is done for you, whether you like it or not.

• bigjimmy and Severian like this

#11 Rickton44

Rickton44

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

I was thinking it might be what I ate.  How long do you recommend fasting?  8hrs before??

#12 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

I don't fast but I eat lightly. I think just keeping your stomach semi empty really helps. For me I like some fresh fruit.

A semi empty stomach has worked for me in my 10+ years of tripping. Or fasting for 8 hours seems plenty to me.

I haven't been around the rainforest doing Aya so I can only speak of mushies. But imho a small meal to a few hours of fasting can really help. Plus on mushies food is the last thing on my mind.

Happy Trails!

Mahalo~Dani

Edited by MycoDani, 06 March 2014 - 07:05 PM.
grammar byatches

• Shadowlord and Dr.Psilo. like this

#13 Dr.Psilo.

Dr.Psilo.

Scribbly signature

• Expired Member
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

I feel weightless and light as a bird when I'm tripping. Gravity doesn't exist. 

• MycoDani and bigjimmy like this

#14 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,303 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

I go long.  Not more than 1 serving of fruit or vegetable per day for 3 days.  On the 3rd day I trip.

Imagine Tuesday being normal.  Then Wednesday you eat some sliced pears with a couple tablespoons of cottage cheese.  Then Thursday you eat a half cup of granola.  Then on Friday you eat 1 kiwi fruit.  By this time you use the bathroom #2, shower, brush teeth, drink some water.  Then you eat your mushrooms or drink your ayahuasca.

Being hungry does something to you, just like sweating or good exercise.  It seems to clean out the toxins and establish spiritual center.  This makes a trip much much more tolerable in terms of awareness of my physical self, health, diet, toxins, etc.  With that out of the way I can concentrate on the important things.

To me there is nothing worse than squirming around on the ground with a mix of nausea and body load trying to mitigate bad energies brought on by a belly full of rotting meat.  This is why the diet and being (mostly) vegetarian is so important to me.

• AGAMA likes this

#15 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 345 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Could be a couple of things. One, the change in proprioceptive awareness is often the first 'fingers' of the impending change in consciousness about to ensue due to the mushrooms. Rather that resist, I would encourage you to go into it and let yourself feel as heavy as you feel, surrendering to the pull to just stop and turn within. A deeper experience may be attempting to draw you down into the underworld, where the Gods still reside. They may have something to say to you worth paying attention to.

The other option is to get away from cubensis and go toward the species with a long history of traditional usage, such as Ps. mexicana, or Ps. zapotecorum or Ps. caerulescens. Their signatures are quite different from cubensis and well worth getting acquainted with. Personally, I find cubensis to have too heavy of a body load and I will never take them again. The petite fruiting bodies of the Ps. mexicana agree with me the best. The effort to get them fruiting is well worth it.
  • gremlinchode likes this

#16 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:47 PM

I agree that it is almost certainly related to the species you ingest. I have found Mexicanas and Panaelous Cyanescens have no body-load at all, and I absolutely love them. Much like elfstone said, I most likely will never eat cubensis again due to their body-load. I am currently doing tests on different strain/species of mushrooms (not cubensis) trying to determine the differences in body-load, as well as the "lens" of the trip. By lens, I am referring to the brightness, and vividness of the hallucinations. I find different strains can produce uniquely different visuals. For example when I first started and was testing cubensis strains still, I found Penis Envy Uncut to produce extremely bright and colorful closed eye visuals when compared to other strains. Each time I took them, I had intense visuals of clowns melting when i closed my eyes. They gave the best closed eye visuals of any cubensis strain I had taken, however, they also produced the worst body load out of any cubensis I had tried. IMO it is all about what kind of experience one is after. If you are looking to sit in a dark room with your eyes closed and watch the closed eye visuals as you let your mind wander, I would say PEU is an amazing mushroom for it. If you are wanting to go jam out with your buddies and write music and you plan on being semi active, I would suggest Mexicanas. If you plan on going hiking through the woods, I would suggest Panaelous Cyanescens. Overall, my opinion is that body load is entirely strain related, I doubt that the side effect symptom known as body load is related to a god trying to get in contact with anyone lol. 

#17 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,369 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:47 AM

Ancient thread... I was preparing to respond when I saw that Dani had a reply... For a second, I thought she had returned!!

• ChocolateStarfish likes this

#18 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:40 AM

Ancient thread... I was preparing to respond when I saw that Dani had a reply... For a second, I thought she had returned!  

Yeah I knew that it was an old thread, I just enjoy responding to any threads that ask a good question but don't really get a great answer just because, I know I look at all threads when looking for particular information, and sometimes threads die without ever getting the information the OP was asking for... and I felt this was kind of one of those occasions 

#19 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:03 AM

For me, the body load makes me want to lay down basically the whole trip. Sometimes i like it, sometimes its annoying.

Roughly 2 months ago i ingested 4gs. Right at the threshold of being "in it" i felt like i was floating. Feeling light as a feather sent me into a nice euphoric state. Of course this only lasted a few minutes before i felt like i wrestled a bear while having the flu.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!