59 replies to this topic

#41 Omni626

Omni626

Omnitopiate

• Expired Member
  • 124 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

Hmm.... lol forgive me I'm just so nervous lol I'll have to go get a couple quart plastic containers but yea that's save on all that mess with the pearlite... Good god that's a mess.. Than plumbing in the sonic wave humidifier with plastic pop bottles to get the humidity in the FC, it sure looks cool as heck when it's going and it's all cloudy in there lol idk I'm such a noob lol or more less easily entertained. :) I'm having fun though, I guess that's the main thing, even with all the set backs :)

#42 BlackPeter17

BlackPeter17

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,347 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

It is. I think the best part about the containers for a noob like you and I is that you can look at it when ever you want! Individually 360 degree view without opening.

#43 Omni626

Omni626

Omnitopiate

• Expired Member
  • 124 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

Good call lol yea I got the look at them all the time syndrome :) can't help it lol my heart is soooooooo set on just seeing one pin lol :( I'm not asking for much but I know if I can see just one pin it'll boost my confidence exponentially :) 6 months is a long time to just get it right lol, it's all about learning from your mistakes and others so I don't repeat the same mistakes :)
  • the_chosen_one and Saphroziac like this

#44 Omni626

Omni626

Omnitopiate

• Expired Member
  • 124 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

I see all your guys AMAZING pictures and it's like man lol I hope I get there some day :) I will , cuz I got patience and faith :)
  • the_chosen_one and Saphroziac like this

#45 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,306 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

I wanted to post some threads just to make sure some of you folks aren't getting invitro tek confused with some other teks.

Invitro (neglect) is grown in the jar without said jar ever even being opened.

http://mycotopia.net...html?1085025790

Chronic tek is where the cake is cased and put into a larger jar.

http://mycotopia.net...html?1012857760

Oss & Oeric tek is where after casing its fruited from the top of the jar.

http://mycotopia.net...html?1071090932

• the_chosen_one and Awakening7 like this

#46 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 315 posts

Donator

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

really enjoyed this thread and like the idea so have bookmarked. :cool:

#47 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

Thank you for the kind words.  This old thread has more legs than a centipede, lol.  This method is very simple, and most folks tend to overthink it.  I designed it for lazy stoners, you know. 

• the_chosen_one, Hash_Man and TurkeyRanch like this

#48 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

Your shares are pure gold jbammer... thank you.
  • the_chosen_one, MLBjammer and TurkeyRanch like this

#49 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

Thank you, sir.

#50 Turrippin

Turrippin

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

Great info here thanks.. Quick question hopefully not redundant. When are the cakes getting exposure to light? I've read keep in dark till certain % colonization then expose to light and I've also read expose to light tight away. Reading the dark for colonization is outdated etc I was just wondering what you do Jammer as far as light exposure when/how long. THX 

• MLBjammer likes this

#51 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

Great info here thanks.. Quick question hopefully not redundant. When are the cakes getting exposure to light? I've read keep in dark till certain % colonization then expose to light and I've also read expose to light tight away. Reading the dark for colonization is outdated etc I was just wondering what you do Jammer as far as light exposure when/how long. THX 

For in vitro/neglect tek you can begin exposing them as soon as possible, right after inoculation to speed up pinning.

I've always just waited until the cakes were 100% colonized around the outside, then gave them about a week to fully consolidate within before exposing them to light. It may take a bit longer, but at least I don't have to worry about pins maturing super quick into mushrooms when the cake might not be fully colonized yet.

I just leave the containers/jars/cakes on a shelf somewhere so they can get ambient sunlight. Even just an hour or few a day of light seems to work just fine. On days where I'm not home and for some reason I don't want to leave the cakes out on a shelf I'll just shine a bright white LED lamp on them for an hour or few at night. Never had any issues with this. Light seems to be just part of the equation.

With the grow I have going now, it took about 2 weeks from inoculation to full colonization, and then about another week to allow consolidation, then within another week I saw pins on both my B+ and my PES Hawaiian containers. Again, I didn't expose them to light at all until 5 days to one week after full colonization.

I know you were hoping to hear from Jammer, but he and I both like growing in vitro and I learned a bunch from him so I hope it's OK for me to weigh in as well.

Edited by niemandgeist, 28 August 2015 - 10:44 AM.

• MLBjammer likes this

#52 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:08 AM

Perfectly fine, Niem.

Keeping substrates in the dark is completely unnecessary, IME.  Whether it's cakes or large bulks, I simply place them in my grow room and expose to regular light and dark cycles from day one of inoculation or spawning.  I have a window in my grow room, so whatever filtered sunlight there is during the day is what my grow gets.  Occasionally I will leave the overhead room light on for a few hours.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with colonizing in the dark, and if it works for you, well, there ya go.

I only make cakes for friends nowadays.  They make wonderful gifts for tripping hippies, lol.

Man, I thought this thread was as dead as dust, lol.

Edited by MLBjammer, 29 August 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#53 Turrippin

Turrippin

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:49 AM

Nope it's def not dust. I had replied to Niem but musta messed it up somehow as I don't see it. Basically said I need to find what works best for ME and follow that as everyone seems to have opinions and there own style when it comes to the light/dark colonization. 

• MLBjammer likes this

#54 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

I just stick with what I know works for me, so your idea of figuring out what works best for you I think is a good idea. There are a lot of ways to grow cubensis so you have options. Once you find success and things work out you can stick with it or you can change things up a bit now and again.

The first time I grew in vitro I exposed the jars to light a little bit before they were fully colonized. This time around I didn't give them light until they had been fully colonized and I gave them 5 days to a week to consolidate. Things worked out well with both approaches to light exposure.

I like growing in vitro because it's so simple, takes up less space, I don't need to worry about perlite, and it's easy to hide away. There are other benefits that I see from growing this way, too, but I won't get into them right now.

I'm pretty sure that so long as you follow some advice here from people who have been able to grow a few times successfully you'll do just fine with in vitro.

This thread is now Frankenstein. Aarrrrgh! :tongue:

• MLBjammer likes this

#55 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:40 PM

You said it, so: 

[Direct Link]

• Hash_Man, MrGumball and Turrippin like this

#56 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

Actually, Edgar Winter is killer (no one else could make a keytar cool, lol), and that is one hell of a band with him there, the footage from the British equivalent of Austin City Limits--The Old Grey Whistle Test.

Edited by MLBjammer, 29 August 2015 - 07:44 PM.

• Hash_Man likes this

#57 Turrippin

Turrippin

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:51 AM

That is a pre-keytar... Pretty sure it's one of the first = Keyboard with Guitar strap... nice Jam too Jammer. 

• MLBjammer likes this

#58 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:50 PM

Admittedly, I know nothing about keytars, but that is a great jam.  That is Rick Derringer on guitar and Dan Hartman on Bass (he had a hit in the 80s called "I can Dream About You).  And Edgar Winter is incredible, as always.  His brother Johnny could pick a tune or two as well--rest in peace.

#59 Turrippin

Turrippin

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:25 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=e92g_IoCWF8   First time i've tried to post a youtube so.....

• MLBjammer likes this

#60 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:38 AM

Very nice link.  I could spend all day on YouTube, just endless stuff on there.

• Turrippin likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!