#421 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:56 PM

You know, part of the problem is there is a lot of lying going on in both sides of the debate here. Scum like al gore (also deserving no capitalization) who jet around with a bigger carbon footprint than many smaller cities telling us "we should curb our emmissions" while he makes money running the carbon tax companies. A complete hypocrite.

So the elites play both sides against the middle... Kinda like the two party political system. Funny that...

Also, about that Haarp... They running 3 billion Watts? Hmmm. Anyone care to guess what happens when 3 billion Watts of RF suddenly has its antenna shorted out so the SWR goes to 0? ( like what happens to your CB radio if the antenna gets cut off and the power goes straight to ground).

Hazzard a guess...

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 28 April 2016 - 08:00 PM.

#422 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:57 PM

And this.

o79ym.jpg

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 29 April 2016 - 06:59 PM.

#423 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:30 PM

And this.

attachicon.gifo79ym.jpg

I've long thought that, "Save the planet" was a stupid marketing decision. 

#424 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:29 PM

No guesses on my idea of shorting out a Haarp antenna while it's running?

Gee whiz guys! It makes for some pretty fireworks at 3 billion Watts! I assure you... :)

#425 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:13 AM

http://edmontonjourn...peratures-climb

Fort McMurray fire officials are prepared for another challenging day Wednesday as firefighters try to save the oilsands city from a massive wildfire that has destroyed homes and businesses, and forced the largest wildfire evacuation in Alberta’s history.

#426 Jargus

Jargus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

I'm a little lazy sometimes so forgive me if I didn't read through all 22 pages of this thread and this has already been posted. But this page and specifically Randall Carlson has some interesting things to say about the topic as well as many others.

I love these kinds of debates.

http://sacredgeometr...ernational.com/

#427 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:33 PM

I like this persons comment on the whole idea on 'climate change'. So instead of paraphrasing i'll copy paste:

"The thing for me is, all this stuff is great, what troubles me is that the climate debate has "been settled" its all ready considered a fact that we (humans) are causing 'dangerous climate change' when other factors are still largely being debated. Legislation already being put in place without conclusive evidence that global warming is man made.
...the case with climate change, it seems to me like every other theory is thrown out without the slightest consideration. there are plenty of plausible explanation for why the earth could be heating but none of them have undergone testing.

...I cant recall ever seeing a news report or debate where the participants were not already in agreement that humans are causing climate change, yet there are professors and such out there who do not agree with the UN's models so why don't we ever hear from them?

While different causes can still be debated there can be no settlement and laws should not be made to reinforce a theory that has yet to be proven, that would make it a religion, and not science."

[emphasis mine]

Also scientists studying melting ice have died in a short period of time:

Three scientists investigating melting Arctic ice may have been assassinated, professor claims - Telegraph A Cambridge Professor has made the astonishing claim that three scientists investigating the melting of Arctic ice may have been assassinated within the space of a few months. Professor Peter Wadhams said he feared being labelled a “looney” over his suspicion that the deaths of the scientists were more than just an ‘extraordinary’ coincidence. But he insisted the trio could have been murdered and hinted that the oil industry or else sinister government forces might be implicated. The three scientists he identified - Seymour Laxon and Katherine Giles, both climate change scientists at University College London, and Tim Boyd of the Scottish Association for marine Science - all died within the space of a few months in early 2013. Professor laxon fell down a flight of stairs at a New year’s Eve party at a house in Essex while Dr Giles died when she was in collision with a lorry when cycling to work in London. Dr Boyd is thought to have been struck by lightning while walking in Scotland. Prof Wadhams said that in the weeks after Prof Laxon’s death he believed he was targeted by a lorry which tried to force him off the road. He reported the incident to the police.

http://www.stevequay...index.php?s=146

Along with a multitude of other scientist 'dying' listed on that site.

We have not study our solars system weather long enough to know absolutely, but there are temperature fluctuations happening on other planets as well.  Again, just goes with the 'could be other explanations' category.  Might not ever know, especially when the 'establishment' controls the media.  State propaganda is all we've been receiving for a long time now.  There is an agenda...

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#428 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

Excellent post Sedaeng...

When people with lots of money start telling you that the world's problems are your fault, but they got a "solution", watch out. Remember, Adolf Hitler had a "solution"....

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 23 June 2016 - 04:11 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#429 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

Whatever has heated it up enough to trigger the release of bizzillion tons of what had been stably stored methane, the feedback loop is going to be looping up a shit load.   Whether we are in a position to see where it came from, I think we can see where it's going.   Birds I grew up with 900 miles south of here are living here now, when they were never seen forty years ago.   Losing the liberty caps right here is kind of a pisser.

Edited by Alder Logs, 23 June 2016 - 06:22 PM.

• Skywatcher, SteampunkScientist and MConchis like this

#430 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

Yeah...the methane release is definitely a bad omen I must admit. Hundreds of times worse than co2 emissions could think of being.

Where is this happening? I thought most of that was frozen on the sea floor?

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 24 June 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#431 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,119 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

Where is this happening? I thought most of that was frozen on the sea floor?

In the arctic permafrost, the best recorded cases that I know about are in Siberia.

http://www.slate.com...laska_next.html

#432 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

Jeez! That's not good. But, if methane us 25 times worse than co2 I guess we should just burn it then. Or use it for fuel.

#433 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:42 PM

Rather than brew it for fuel, which would not serve this problem at all, we will have to be collecting it over the oceans and permafrost and out the asses of cows.

#434 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,119 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

I knew it was the cows fault!

cow methane.png
  • Arathu and Sade like this

#435 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:28 PM

Well, it worked for Mad Max. :)

#436 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:16 AM

This popped up in my news wanderings this morning.

https://www.rt.com/v...nter-jetstream/

Scientists have observed an “unprecedented” event that could lead to an end of seasons as we know them, after Northern Hemisphere jet streams crossed the equator and linked with others in the south.  Usually separated entirely from each other by the equator where warm air acts as a barrier, both the Northern and Southern Hemisphere consist of jet streams made up of either warm moist air or cold dry air.

The streams usually run from east to west but new data shows that the Northern Hemisphere’s streams have changed path and linked with streams in the south.  “Welcome to climate chaos. We must declare a global climate emergency” warned Paul Beckwith, a climate scientist from the University of Ottawa, when analyzing data from Earth Nullschool.

I have not researched this further, but 'wow' if the information is accurate and the consequences as they present them in the article are the end result...  I need some more green houses :|

Although further down the article there is this:

Not all scientists have agreed with this summation though, with Meteorologist Marshall Shepherd warning that the new data would require proper vetting before he could give an informed opinion.

[Direct Link]

Edited by sedaeng, 30 June 2016 - 11:22 AM.

• Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#437 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for that, Red.  I would not have wanted to miss this.  

Some folks have moved south of the equator to get away from Fukushima radiation.

Nowhere to run to baby...

Nowhere to hide...

• Skywatcher and sedaeng like this

#438 prof_it_e

prof_it_e

(Pie).

• OG VIP
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:08 PM

Quote from a movie I watched last night...;

"Arthur: Once he explained, I understood.
[Flashback to Arthur's meeting with Valentine]

Valentine: When you get a virus, you get a fever. That's the human body raising its core temperature to kill the virus. Planet Earth works the same way: Global warming is the fever, mankind is the virus. We're making our planet sick. A cull is our only hope. If we don't reduce our population ourselves, there's only one of two ways this can go: The host kills the virus, or the virus kills the host. Either way...
[Back to Eggsy and Arthur's conversation]

Arthur: The result is the same: The virus dies.

Gary 'Eggsy' Unwin: So Valentine's gonna take care of the population problem himself.

Arthur: Well if we don't do something, nature will. Sometimes, a culling is the only way to ensure that the species survives. And history will see Valentine as the man who saved humanity from extinction."

(The Kingsman: The Secret Service.)

Edited by prof_it_e, 01 July 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#439 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:59 PM

Interestingly, those who believe in "culling" (a nice word for mass murder), never put themselves on the list to be "culled".

#440 Jenniferjupiter

Jenniferjupiter

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 273 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Just watched this.. I thought it fit in here nicely

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!