Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,082 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:41 PM

16 days to save the Earth ...

... because that is when the US withdraws from the Paris climate accord, on 4 November. Five years ago nearly 200 countries committed to a collective global response to tackle the climate crisis. But when donald trump took office he announced that the US would leave the Paris agreement. On the one issue that demands a worldwide response to help safeguard the Earth for future generations, the US has chosen to walk away.

The stakes could hardly be higher. The period since the Paris agreement was signed has seen the five hottest years on record, along with a cascade of disasters, from strengthening hurricanes to growing wildfires. If carbon emissions continue we can expect even worse.

(Cut, and pasted from an article on Alaska's climate change in the Guardian)

• coorsmikey likes this

#462 joombo

joombo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 11:30 AM

Environment protection is a serious issue these days. I think society should pay more attention to it

#463 joombo

joombo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:27 AM

I also think that the spread of nuclear technology and nuclear weapons is a huge problem for national security and the safety of the entire planet. I read that the waste from nuclear technology is extremely dangerous. Radiation detectors are used in Emergency Services and Civil Defense, like this https://ecotestgroup...oducts/agent-r/ to measure gamma radiation of low and high levels and reveal the vapors of organophosphorous and arsenic-containing toxic substances in the air.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!