#21 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

That's cool man. I like the aggressive look of the third bird in first post, and the last one was sweet. Where do you find the time to catch all these birds? lol

Cool pics friend

Thank you brother, I'm glad that others enjoy the pics as well.
All of these pics but the last set with the mature bald eagle were taken through the window from inside my living room. The last set were taken outside from the deck.

From the living room? That makes it about 10,000x cooler brother. I live in a cool mountainous region but that is one thing I don't get to see. Props!

Thank you brother, I know that I am a lucky man. I do live in a special place (though god help you when you want to buy fresh produce, lol).

Peace and friendship,
Juthro
  • GadgetGuy likes this

#22 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

Too cool, I'm envious. My grandparents lived in AK and I used to get to go visit them for 2 months every summer and visit Denali and do all kinds of remote fishing trips etc. Saw a lot of bald eagles and caribou, moose etc. up there. Was fantastic, I hope I can afford to go again sometime in the next few years, have even debated moving there.

• -=Zeus=- likes this

#23 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

The neighbors were working on their chicken coop and guess who stoped by to see if they needed any help.  Check out that wicked sharp beak.

Attached Thumbnails

• tree top.jpg
  • tree top 2.jpg

• the_chosen_one, -=Zeus=-, Stoned Angel and 1 other like this

#24 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

I know they are not bird pics, but who doesn't think a baby moose learning to swim is cute?

Hope you enjoy the pics,
Juthro

ma and jr in driveway.jpg momma and jr..jpg baby and momma moose.jpg
  • the_chosen_one, TurkeyRanch, Stoned Angel and 2 others like this

#25 Paisley

Paisley

Glow Stick Chick

• Expired Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

They are so cute! :happy: Thank you Juthro. That made my busy day so much better!

• Juthro likes this

#26 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

Its not really a bird, but its bigger then some of the ones that hang out around here.

Meet my friend the dragon fly, He's sitting on a 2x4 banister along the stairs going to upstairs of the garage for a size reference.

It makes me happy to think about all the mosquitos he had to eat to get that big.

dragon fly.jpg
  • Alder Logs likes this

#27 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,555 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

Send him down this way.  The skeeters are feasting on me when I'm watering my shiitake logs in this dry summer heat.

• Juthro likes this

#28 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'll give him the directions Alder, but I'm not sure if he's got the range, lol.

I love these guys, unfortunately their season doesn't start as soon as the skeeters around here, but once they come out it is (almost) safe to walk around outside again with out the use of bug dope.

They are friendly too, they often land on you and hang out for a minute or two if you are lounging around in the sun. The evening sun shines on that banister and it is not uncommon to see half a dozen to ten of those big boys sunning themselves in the late afternoon.

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 11,555 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

They have great eyes and incredible reflexes too.  I crossed Northern California once on my old '77 Goldwing, from I-5 to 101. There was a stretch of miles in the Sacramento River Valley through farm fields where there were many thousands of dragonflies over the highway.  They saw me in time to move out of my path while I was doing 60 or 70 MPH.  It was amazing to me.  Any other insect would have been on my windshield or in my radiator.

#30 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

Well this feller is not a bird, but I wanted to share him(or her) and didn't think that he deserved his own thread.

This little section of water collects all the melt water from my driveway and stays open from ice until it gets below zero or so. This musk rat would dive under the ice and collect whatever goodies he wanted to eat down there and bring them back up to nibble on.
cold swim'.jpg
  • Skywatcher, Alder Logs and wharfrat like this

#31 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,268 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

I took this pic last week in my front yard.

IMG_0033.JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0036.JPG

• Stoned Angel and Juthro like this

#32 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 11,555 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

I think the little guy deserves more than the thumbnail.

post-136504-0-45209400-1418421774.jpg

• TurkeyRanch, Stoned Angel, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#33 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

Thanks Alder, he is kind of cute in a large rodent kind of way isn't he?

These little guys are valued for there pelts, but I like them better when they are still wearing them themselves.

We have a couple of families around the lake and when I saw a pair "romancing" last summer all I could think of for the rest of day was "Muskrat Love" by the Caption and Tenniel, lol

#34 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Do you know what kind of bird that is Pasta?

#35 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,268 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

It's a White Ibis.

Its not unusual to have several walking through the yards in the mornings looking for bugs.

Most of the time its a mated pair with 6-8 off spring.

The families seem very polite and respectful so since they don't bother us we don't bother them.

• Juthro likes this

#36 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

It's a White Ibis.
Its not unusual to have several walking through the yards in the mornings looking for bugs.
Most of the time its a mated pair with 6-8 off spring.
The families seem very polite and respectful so since they don't bother us we don't bother them.

Beautiful bird, and a nice pic also. Thanks for sharing Pasta. I will gladly yield my back yard and lake to families of foul. I love watching them, they bring me great pleasure.

#37 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,989 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:06 PM

What the frickfrack Juthro you trying to ruin my day, Love :biggrin: I can see how exciting it must be too see such a majestic sence. So beautiful. This thread is awesome. falling star for you. Watch out here it comes. :hug:

• Juthro likes this

#38 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:33 PM

What the frickfrack Juthro you trying to ruin my day, Love :biggrin: I can see how exciting it must be too see such a majestic sence. So beautiful. This thread is awesome. falling star for you. Watch out here it comes. :hug:

LOL, lots of love back at ya girl. I hope things are going well for you. This would have been a good year for you to come and look for your self, still have plenty of fire wood left and the temp hasn't got below 10*F (yet). :tongue:

Like you've heard me say before, the fact that I can see these things out of my living room window makes me one of the luckiest people on earth. I am every thankful for my quiet life here at the end of the road. :meditate:

Wishing you and Sidestreet a wonderful holiday season, and I am watching for that falling star.  I will know its yours cuz it will be bright and beautiful.       :wub: :hug:

• Stoned Angel likes this

#39 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,136 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

I got 'yer bird right here

Attached Thumbnails

• Redeye.JPG

• Stoned Angel and Juthro like this

#40 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 11,555 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

Okay, so here's one I shot off my porch.  There's gotta be a bird in there somewhere.

gallery_131808_1351_38033.jpg

• pharmer, Stoned Angel, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!