#21 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

in that method, i cut them off 1/2"-1" above the substrate. i cut them above the substrate because it makes for easy

dunking. you can pour water in and the mycobag acts as a bathtub.

Edited by kcmoxtractor, 02 May 2014 - 10:53 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#22 Awakening7

Awakening7

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

ok, so the sub gives off enough humidity to maintain in the tub without perlite?

• kcmoxtractor likes this

#23 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

The first go round I cut the bag away after 1st flush because there were fruits growing from everywhere bottom of sub included.

Then I put the blocks in a tub ontop of perlite....I like the idea of cutting bag down it makes the perlite obsolete like kcmoxtractor did..

id say that the filter patch is probly enough but fruits may not be as abundant as if you cut holes for poly.....

awakening7 you could even just make slits or small holes all over the bag and leave the sub in it......

the added holes after colonisation boost fae and help initiate pinning and a great flush....

you can cut slits and leave the bags on a shelf w out any poly....plenty of people make tubs w small unfiltered holes....

comes down to preff and space I believe....if the bags in the og photo were all in tubs there would be tubs to the ceiling....

my objective now is to just put the blocks back in bags...I purchased a stack of bags for this purpose..

so ill let em flush, harvest em and then put em back in a new bag.....ill keep this log going to update so it can be documented all the way

the objective of this attempt is to eliminate all the tubs....the bags in a tub is a good idea I just wanted to

take up less space w this grow and subsequent grows.......cheers

Edited by invisibilitysyndrome, 03 May 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#24 BlackPeter17

BlackPeter17

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,350 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Yeah man as far as I know, I'm under the impression that any mono tub style dub tub what ever maintains it's own micro climate. I thought it was unecessary to use perlite grow bag or not.

I saw hyphae putting moist paper towels in the event of needing increased moisture, as well as misting and fanning. Have you seen that thread in the holding tank with redboy or what ever. It's epic, epic man. Check it out!

#25 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Yeah man as far as I know, I'm under the impression that any mono tub style dub tub what ever maintains it's own micro climate. I thought it was unecessary to use perlite grow bag or not.
I saw hyphae putting moist paper towels in the event of needing increased moisture, as well as misting and fanning. Have you seen that thread in the holding tank with redboy or what ever. It's epic, epic man. Check it out!

I havent but ill check it out thnx man.

#26 BlackPeter17

BlackPeter17

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,350 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

Here it is!
https://mycotopia.ne...ucks-logs-tubs/

Anyway you grow bogs look sweet, and your rack looks so nice and neat with the set up. Great use of the space! I wish my area was that tidy!

#27 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Here it is!
https://mycotopia.ne...ucks-logs-tubs/
Anyway you grow bogs look sweet, and your rack looks so nice and neat with the set up. Great use of the space! I wish my area was that tidy!

right on thnx man took a bit to dial shit in and get it tidy....deff better than befor when I had 5tubs stacked on top of each other ....reading the red boy thread now...thnx again b ez.....

#28 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

I have found that filter patched myco bags are my preferred method. After the spawn is mixed in I just close pin 'em shut and wait for colonization.

When I induce fruiting, I duct tape around the bag up to level with the substrate(prevents side pinning), and set on a shelf where they get ambient sunlight. When I start to see primordia I just open the bags 2x a day and fan for about 15 seconds and close 'em back up.

To dunk, I fill the bag just over the sub with water and let it sit for about 8 hours. The trick is trying to keep the sub submerged, as it likes to float.....I use a couple rocks that I have sterilized(24-48 hour soak in bleach water) and keep just for this purpose......

I usually get anywhere from 1-2 oz dry per bag after all said and done, depending on strain and method(MS, clone, LC). Projects I do these days are all MS.

TKS had a poor pinset in bags, while South Americans rocked it out, Chileans seem to perform good too, Pesh was kinda slow but fruited well, the MDK's didn't seem to wanna fruit at all, until I tossed 'em outside. Getting ready to spawn some OI bags here in the next week or so......

#29 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Use varieties that are known to do well in vitro. Hillbilly and Burmese are beast in bags,
two Oz a bag from first flush alone isn't uncommon.

#30 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

You removed the photo I was gonna use to get my compadre to work on using a similar method.... Thanks KC, jerk! :angry:

#31 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

These are golden teacher...so far they love the bags too...usual is 300- 400 gm wet...

gonna have to look into some of the ones yall metioned....ive a tly print id like to grow out too so we shall see....

#32 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

I use bags almost exclusively... I find that they are easy to dunk as KC has mentioned and make it easy to isolate problem spots. Air flow can sometimes be an issue even with the .5 micron bags... Without accmodating for increased FAE you may find yourself with taller fruits with small caps due to the increased CO2... The extra CO2 also increases the risk of contamination. You can add pollyfill to the sides of the bags... Using the masking tape is a good idea for cutting the holes, I would use an exacto knife either way.... Once the sub is fully colonized however it is pretty resistant to contamination and you can just open the bags periodically to fan... I have all the bags on shelves, I try to face all of the bags to the inside of the shelf and I set up a fan that blows a constant airflow across the filter patch of each bag... Has been working very well for me.

Besides the airflow issue, I think bags are the way to go for bulk subs!! Have worked great for me!!  there are so many ways to increase the FAE that it becomes a nonissue...

GO MYCO BAGS!!! 

• invisibilitysyndrome likes this

#33 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Boomers and pins oh my, boomers and pins oh my,,,,

boomers from 4th flush...pins from new bags...cheers

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140505_080326.jpg
  • 20140505_083353.jpg
  • 20140505_083645.jpg
  • 20140505_084814.jpg

Edited by invisibilitysyndrome, 05 May 2014 - 08:15 AM.

• Cabbit and Black_Swan like this

#34 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,312 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

Yesterday after running out of empty jars I tossed about a quart of WBS into a bag with a 0.5 micron filter that I was gifted quite a while ago.

I got my impulse sealer from a thrift store so I'm not sure how well it sealed up the bag. But, what the hell better than just feeding the extra WBS to the birds.

I'm planning on noccing the bag up today with AT. Since AT fruits very well I'm not sure if I'm going to bulk it. Plus, with the plant food (15-30-15) that I hydrated the WBS in I don't have to worry about nitrogen, potassium and calcium.

• MrGumball likes this

#35 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

Yesterday after running out of empty jars I tossed about a quart of WBS into a bag with a 0.5 micron filter that I was gifted quite a while ago.
I got my impulse sealer from a thrift store so I'm not sure how well it sealed up the bag. But, what the hell better than just feeding the extra WBS to the birds.
I'm planning on noccing the bag up today with AT. Since AT fruits very well I'm not sure if I'm going to bulk it. Plus, with the plant food (15-30-15) that I hydrated the WBS in I don't have to worry about nitrogen, potassium and calcium.

right on man whats the plant food a liquid chemical or organic type.....

ive got some pics concerning this thread but it wont let me post em...ill have to wait till later I guess....

#36 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,312 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

ive got some pics concerning this thread but it wont let me post em...ill have to wait till later I guess....

Miracle Grow Bloom Booster

Now I just need to find some GMO WBS.

Edited by Cue, 08 May 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#37 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,312 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

#38 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

nice

#39 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

And the results are in....bags bulked on 4/19 produced on 5/08...
the weigh in is for one bag so not so bad....
Golden teacher, wbs ,coir ,verm , gypsum and brf.......they are in the soak now cheers

20140508_074043.jpg 20140508_074008.jpg 20140508_074413.jpg 20140508_074756.jpg 20140508_075041.jpg 20140508_080223.jpg
  • MrGumball and CatsAndBats like this

#40 Black_Swan

Black_Swan

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Very Nice indeed! 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!