137 replies to this topic

#121 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:21 AM

Oh my bad Buck,

I dont know where i got this idea in my head, but i thought if it was a give away it couldn't be classed as a transaction. That applies to day to day life here in Australia, obviously not online though. My apologies buddy.

Thanks a lot Howard. Thats a huge compliment considering it's my first grow thread :) Much appreciated :)

Oh btw Buck,
I've been given some info that stressing a female will turn her male. 48 hours without light and they'll turn apparently.So i should have a bag of seeds done easier then i thought :dance: :)

Posted Image

Note to self (pre flowering - Sep 18th)

I finally got around to getting another timer and putting the mother to flower. I might have to go get some extra reflective sheeting if that damn street light interupts her sleep.

Clones are still looking good, and the cakes (both 1st & 2nd flush) are showing some crisp white furrr :) so the run of good luck seems to go on. Oh btw, i blew another damn aquarium heater last week. The nutes got so low that the thing just blew up. :eusa_whis :p)

Posted Image

(Mother plant 1st day flowering cycle)

Oh Buckeroo,i have a question... what are your thoughts of open air fruiting cakes?? I've tried with 3, and they dont seem to be fruiting anywhere except the small layer of casing beneath the cake. Would you case them now and give up on the open air method?

I dunno, I'm probably stressing over nothing and they'll fruit well soon enough. I just get a little hesitant trying a method that seems so uncommon with cakes.

Anyway, thanks for the tips as always Buckz. I've had a few packs of WBS for months, and popcorn for a few weeks.So i think it might be time to get started on some spawn for my next bags project.
I'm thinking i might try your bulk nugget tek. My first half assed experiment with bags went nowhere. They didn't colonise at all.

Take care Buck, guys, and see you on the threads :)

P.S Didn't forget you exemplo, thanks again for the kind word & prints. I'll have them PR's in the mail to you this week. :)

:greenboun Fingers :greenboun

#122 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:50 AM

Hey everybody :thumbup:

Sorry it's been a while since i posted on this thread. Things have been hectic, and gettin online to post has been near impossible.

3 cakes are in their second flush, 3 have been birthed and are fruiting now, and another 3 have about another week before birthing.

Posted Image

Cake pic after cake pic must get a little boring, so I've been experimenting with a little distortion. Still experimenting tryna get a good one.

Posted Image

Not really the effect I'm goin for, but u get the idea. :greenboun

The agaricus' are goin well. The fruit bodies are starting to form a little now. It's interesting how different their development is compared to cubes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And last of for this post, zoe. She's been in flower for a few days now. Should have some nicer flower close ups in comming weeks.

Posted Image

Oh yeah, and them 20 clones... all seem to be doing well. I'm working on a new set up right now, should be pretty kick ass if it turns out as to plan. I'll have to start a thread in the erbal section i think. :)

Anyway guys, I'll spend a bit of time tryna catch up on what I've missed. See how everyone else's little projects are doing. :) And as always, thanks a lot for reading/posting. :)

:greenboun Fingers :greenboun

Attached Thumbnails

• distorted fruiting.JPG
  • a zoe clean small.JPG
  • agaricus bisporus 27 sep 1 clean.JPG
  • a fruit pic 27 sep.JPG

#123 eu_por_exemplo

eu_por_exemplo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:12 AM

:bow: :bow: :meditate: :bow: :bow:

#124 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:52 AM

Damn what a thread! Very nice, indeed! Sorry I missed it.

What are the cube strains? If you've already posted it, sorry. I looked and looked but that is a lot of material to wade through.

#125 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

Wow, looks real good, man! And the edible shrooms look to be doing pretty good also!

The MJ plant looks lovely.

Totally cool!!!

#126 N0Face

N0Face

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

amazing...

#127 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,044 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:23 PM

nice fingers! :) well done buddy!

fahtster

#128 Boarders

Boarders

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:46 AM

Excellent work sir. I always look forward to your updates.

On the MJ front, I know a bloke who's grown WW and Jack Herer and will be telling him all about your WW x Skunk. I'm sure it's a ripper strain to get stuck into.

#129 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:19 AM

Haha...when I first saw the pics of the button shrooms I thought that they were these

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0677.JPG

#130 Mortandello

Mortandello

Brazilian Mush Hunter

• Expired Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:26 PM

i really think ZOE´s not a gurl anymore.. it´s a nice LADY and i want to marry her!:teeth:

#131 eu_por_exemplo

eu_por_exemplo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:31 AM

After the constructive colloquy of today, it looks at I of new here! :thumbup: Excellent, Fingers! To only wait the satiated harvest of both culture.

:eusa_clap

#132 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:08 AM

Thanks guys :lol:

The moments when fruit and flowers bless our grow rooms and F.C's is such a treat isn't it :amazed: :love: :D

I've done many cannabis grows in my life but the pleasure of watching them flourish stays with you every time. Makes all the waiting and stressing worth it. :)

Hey Dial8, did the title of the thread jump out at you yet? :p The strain is Puerto Rican. A 'Couldn't see the forrest through the tree's' kinda thing i'm guessing:D Oh, and that pic looks seriously BADASS! :D I have no idea what strain that is, but damn, they look awsome :)

Thanks Buck, I've got overly curious and twisted out one of the agaricus's, and damn they're nice. Honestly i think they're a little tastier then store bought, but i doubt its anything more then the freshness factor.

Ty kindly Noface n Fahtster, your grows are (IMHO) the measure that kick ass cube grows are to be measured by. They remind me just how far I've got to go before being anywhere near an advanced/skilled grower. :)

Boarders you hit the nail on the head there dude. This was the best pot I've smoked in at least 6-7 years, and one of the only strains in a long time that lived up to the standard of it's title :) and I've never been one to part with money when the product sucks ass. So 'the best in 6-7 yrs says a bit to me (Very pedantic n fussy toker here :) :greenboun ).
In a half ounce of this outstanding bud i was stoked to find one healthy, hard, and shiney seed. It was a one of shot, but i was blessed with a gurl :eusa_ange ).

I'm still hammering away at renovating my grow room. I've temporarily got 1400 watts on Zoe, a 400W directly above, another 400W at '2 o clock' (an upper angled position) and a 600W directly to the open side of the closet. Far from ideal, but for the time being it keeps her light fairly evenly distributed, and the cieling extractors i just installed are keeping the heat down.
I cant wait to have the whole place set up. (This flu i got is kickin my ass! :drk: ) But i think the worst has passed, so the room should be finished in no time. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, and Mortandello, lol she so was not intended to turn out this large. I kept putting off taking clones, so i kept her in veg for a hell of a lot longer then i wanted. I ended up taking the doors right off the closet. She just needed the space to spread her wings a little. :)

Anyway, i talk wayyy too much when I'm stoned and tired. I'll throw up a couple of picks and then shudup :eusa_shhh

Posted Image

Check out this bad boy. Second flush and this is the one shroom the cake developed. The weight of the thing seemed to be causing it to break away from the cake (hence the stoner made melted 'support structure' (syringe lid :p) This is the biggest shroom I've had off a cake yet. (any idea's what causes the splitting? Reminds me of a pallen tree or sumthin :D)

And one more wierd looking fruit body. This guy just looks all kindsa 'fubard' dont ya think guys :p. I still plan on munching it down, i doubt it's little more then cosmetic issues. But it's still a curious thing to see. Especially when it's the only one.

Posted Image

Last one, I just realised the description was kinda poor, so i just grabbed a quick snap with a fluro lamp i brought in during Zoe's sleep. My Mrs says she looks 'droopy' when shes sleeping, and i should take some good pics tommorow :eusa_ange . Might do that :eusa_shif :)
Posted Image

Sorry for goin onnnn and onnn and onn, thats a bad habbit of mine after two 2man sized jays :thumbup: Not as tastey as Zoe's strain by a long shot, but still some outstanding hydro skunk. Seeds in weed this nice is a rarity, doesn't mean i wont be on the look out for any more of them. :)

Take care guys, and thanks again for the kind words. If it wasn't for topia and all the great kowledge, advice n tips, i'd have probably never enjoyed this kick ass hobby (or these lil fruit bodies :headbang: . So another big thanks to all :)

See you guys on the threads :thumbup:

:greenboun Fingers:greenboun

#133 alex27

alex27

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:47 AM

The pic that dial posted is albino penis envy if im not mistaken.....and the split mushie looks as if it started as 2 different pins but have grown together(the splitting at the top)?

#134 Mortandello

Mortandello

Brazilian Mush Hunter

• Expired Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:04 AM

that should be a nice spot for clonning, dont?
REALLY NICE aggain, im gona tell you im in love with zoe man -such nice lady!
can i call it - Z just Z mary Z yo ...
hehehe
nice mushies!

#135 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:23 AM

Heyyy guys, we're back huh :eusa_clap

Feels like a while since my last post in this thread. Just thought i'd throw up some pics, and a video I've done in recent weeks.

Zoe's now a big and thirsty girl. Seems South East Aus. is gettin hit by an early summer. 36c air temp today, and much the same all last week.

Anyway, onto the pics. :hippie:

Posted Image

She was gettin a little big, so I've started tying and wiring her down. Seems this might be the biggest yield from a single plant that I've had.

Posted Image

13th oct flowering image (more for my reference then urs guys, I've been told stoners start losing their memory....cant remember who said it though. :nana:

Oh and my video,

I cringe a little when I watch this and I'm not stoned.... easy solved. :D

[Direct Link]

I wanna do a series of these things, that way as the room develops and expands you can see the improvement etc. I got some sour diesel in the mail soon, some bubbleberry, one other i dont recall off hand.
It's gonna be a lot of fun to try strains I've never grown :)

Anyway, i got a LOT of catching up to do on my shrooms! in the time since i posted my focus has drifted further from the boomers and closer to the pot. It's time to kick into my second cube grow.
I've got all my cakes in cold store over night, weighing up if I'm gonna bother casing for a 3rd flush with a few of them.

Anyway guys, take care, it's great to be back on topia.

Fingers :greenboun:

Attached Thumbnails

• zoe oct 12 flower.JPG
  • AA zoe 12 oct.JPG
  • 2nd flush.JPG

#136 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:31 AM

About time you put that video up. I was just about to put it here for you.

Keep up the good work Fingers.

#137 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:15 PM

NICE!!!

But dude, no questions? I feel hurt!

Seriously, beauty plant there. Nice friggin' cakes, too!

#138 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:12 AM

Hey Lama :) Buck :)

ALWAYS Questions Buck :) Lately there's been so much to do that any new enterprises would be too much to handle.

With this grow Buck, I think it's just about done really. I have another 3 cakes yet to be birthed. You woulda seen the 700ml ones, about 95% colonised.
But really, how interesting can any further cakes be? They'll most likely be much the same, as the 3 before them. I guess I'm just wanting to love onto some new ground (new to me anyway :) )

I'm thinking it's time do do my bags. For some reason the L.C just didn't develope enough. It seemed to be doing fine, and then all of a sudden growth stopped.I wasn't too keen on trying that strain come to think of it. So no loss really i guess.

Boomer was kind enough to send a S.A my way, and from all accounts its a kick ass strain. I really wanna give that go in some bags.
I found a place that sells full size bales of clean straw for $15. A country kinda guy told me i'm getting robbed, but if $15 is enough straw to last me several big grows, hey, sweet deal to me. :nana:
:)
What I'm basically thinking, is this

I got some popcorn in the closet, and several brands of WBS. I wanna make some popcorn and WBS spawn. Someone suggested adding some worm casings. Might give that a go too. :)

With this kick ass summer and my oven fixed, i can really dry a LOT of manures! We hit 36 celcius the other day. With 1600watts of light in that room man, whoa, it got HOTTTTT.

Anyway, Buck you remember them racks I bought and the polyproylene sheetings? I was thinking of just throwing some bags onto them shelves with a layer of PP sheet around it, making it into a matha kinda set up.
I was thinkin i could put a storage tub of perlite on the floor between the shelves, i might be able to keep the humidity up.

Do you have a thread or a favorite thread for doing popcorn/WBS spawn? You've always explained things in a way that just comes across clear as day to me. Great minds think alike? stoner minds more like it? :)

Ah well, I'm an idiot :eusa_danc

Take care guys!

Fingers :greenboun:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!