Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

What did you do to your cacti/botanical garden today (pictures welcome)

• Please log in to reply
2606 replies to this topic

#181 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:56 AM

My psychotria alba have finally started to grow. Three of em stretched quite a bit between 5&6 th sets of leaves making a nice ace for a stem cutting and a couple of leaf cuttings. If I clip the stem will it send out a couple new shoots and bush out more or do they must grow prettyy much grow up?

Not ethno but just a house plant, however I have never seen one flower beforeimage.jpg image.jpg

Found it at Lowes. I've always herd it called a corn stalk plant. Got it for 5 $. It was in bad shape. 90 % crispy dead leaves and one rotting off. I guess it likes home.

Anyone know anything about EM? Do they go to seed? Would be fun to grow a couple!
  • Skywatcher likes this

#182 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

Well I went ahead and snipped the 3 of my alba. The cuts are 4 inches tall. I dipped them in some rooting hormone and then put them in some good quality soil. I also cut 6 of the leaves off. I put 3 of the leaves in soil as well. I have them in ziplock bags as a humidity dome. What about fresh air in the bags? Do I need to leave it open
A bit or open it every so often?

I have 3 leaves and no place to put them. My space is over run by my projects.

Anybody want 3 psychotria alba leaves?

#183 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,235 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

I have never seen the Dracena bloom. The flower actually looks a bit like corn.......

I have not grown alba before, but any plant or cutting that I used a humidity dome or tent on, seems to do better with a full air exchange every day. 

• PsyBearknot likes this

#184 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:48 PM

Do you mean just opening up the dome and let it air out on e a day? Or does your humidity dome keep humidity and allow the air exchange?

#185 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,235 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

If i am using baggies, I take them off once a day and air them out. Same for any dome or lidded environment. A complete air exchange every day. As  soon as I think things are rooting, I then allow a small constant exchange with vent holes, increasing the size or number every several days until acclimated to the ambient air humidity.

Even loph seedlings which need close to 100% humidity at first respond well to a fresh air exchange daily.

Hope this helps......

Edited by Skywatcher, 12 October 2014 - 12:04 AM.

• PsyBearknot likes this

#186 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 699 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

namaste!

today I found some time to take pictures, the work was done yesterday :).

i want some new plants in my garden next spring and I am cultivating some plants in my tent for next year!

Here is the project, the first seeds (rivea corymbosa) were planted in the first week of july.

Plants included in the project:

Rivea Corymbosa (9 seeds planted yesterday, 2 gerimated 2 weeks ago, 1 is 3 months old)

Psychotria  Virids (10 seeds planted yesterday, fingers crossed!)

Delosperma Bosseranum (50 seeds planted 1 week ago, 5 specimen are 1 month old)

Echinopsis Peruviana (gerimated about 20 seeds 2 weeks ago, 3 specimen are 2-3-4 years old)

Acacia Maidenii (2 Seed planted 6 days ago)

Silene Capensis (50-60 seeds sprinkled 4 days ago)

Calea Zacatechichi (Made two cuttlings of my 1 1/2 year old specimen, planted 20 seeds 4 days ago

Withania Somnifera (about 100 tiny seeds sprinkled 4 days ago)

An Overview.. (

DSC01593.JPG

Mimosa Hostilis 3-4 weeks after germination (6 of 8 germinated within 3 days, the others didn't after 1 month)

DSC01594.JPG  DSC01598.JPG

Rivea Corymbosa 10 days after germination (germinated within 3-5 days

DSC01595.JPG

Rivea Corymbosa 3 months after germination (70cm long [would have been much longer but I had an accident where it lost 30cm lenght])

DSC01604.JPG

Delosperma Bosseranum 4 days afer germination

DSC01597.JPG

Delosperma Bosseranum 8 weeks after germination

DSC01605.JPG

Psychotria Virids and African Dream Root diy-greenhouse :)

DSC01599.JPG

Echinopsis Bridgesii var. Ovalis baby and my holy Peyotl !

DSC01606.JPG

In front we have 3 friendly Echinopsis Peruviana and in the back 3 pachanoi

DSC01608.JPG

Ephedra Helveticus, the natural habitat of this ephedra are the swiss alps.

Said to be one of the most potent ephedras. Will find out :)

DSC01607.JPG

These (3) Calea Zacatechichi cuttlings, were cut from...

DSC01602.JPG

...her !

DSC01603.JPG

And finally, a couple of my totally 20 germinated echinopsis peruviana, the first signs of germination were noticed 2-3 weeks ago.

DSC01596.JPG

The End :)

• PsyBearknot, TurkeyRanch, wildedibles and 2 others like this

#187 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:00 PM

UGH. I have to retract my offer of the 3 alba leaves in my post. My stoned ass Was madly finishing my chores in the garden running out of time before I had to go to breakfast and looked at the 3 leaves and thought "I thought I already potted those up. I must have missed em." So I ended up potting them up.
  • Skywatcher and CrimsonCactus like this

#188 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,235 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:24 PM

Today I started winding the cactus down for the slower season. Some of them like to give a last show for the season.....

Lovely Lithops.....

lithops.jpg

And my favorite stink flower, Starfish cactus

Carrion Flower 1.jpg carrion flower 2.jpg

• TastyBeverage, PsyBearknot, TurkeyRanch and 2 others like this

#189 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:21 AM

Wow that purple one looks like a painted clay flower pretty neat is it very thick it looks like it

and the Litlhops sooo pretty :)

#190 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,235 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

The carrion flower, or Starfish Cactus is very thick and leathery, hairy on the backside, and stinks like rotting meat. The fly's like this and function as pollinators. The flower will last for 4 or 5 days, and usually has several buds ready to go after the first finally finishes.

post-126525-0-09848300-1413933749_thumb.

Edited by Skywatcher, 22 October 2014 - 04:19 PM.

• TastyBeverage, wildedibles and Cindysid like this

#191 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:48 PM

Very cool :) ....ran out of likes for the day ....

#192 Cindysid

Cindysid

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:55 AM

Love the stapelia.  I have several different varieties, but none of mine are in bloom.  The flowers look like aliens to me!

• Skywatcher likes this

#193 Cindysid

Cindysid

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:56 AM

I have a shitload of alba leaves, should anyone want them.

• TastyBeverage likes this

#194 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

I have never seen the Dracena bloom. The flower actually looks a bit like corn.......

I have not grown alba before, but any plant or cutting that I used a humidity dome or tent on, seems to do better with a full air exchange every day.

It smelled like lilac. Was pretty cool!

#195 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

My psychotria alba have finally started to grow. Three of em stretched quite a bit between 5&6 th sets of leaves making a nice ace for a stem cutting and a couple of leaf cuttings. If I clip the stem will it send out a couple new shoots and bush out more or do they must grow prettyy much grow up?
Not ethno but just a house plant, however I have never seen one flower before attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg
Found it at Lowes. I've always herd it called a corn stalk plant. Got it for 5 $. It was in bad shape. 90 % crispy dead leaves and one rotting off. I guess it likes home.
Anyone know anything about EM? Do they go to seed? Would be fun to grow a couple!

The 3 topped alba are sprouting 2 new shoots.image.jpg image.jpg
  • Shadowlord and Skywatcher like this

#196 coldcactusmontreal

coldcactusmontreal

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

Wow namdicAI I love the crested Trichs. They crest so nicely I'm really jealous. I have a could trichs and some other succulents but I haven't been able to find any crests but I'm way north.

• nomadicAI likes this

#197 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 699 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

Namaste,

what joy I witness each day when I zip-open the germination/vegitation tent and my green friends greet me.

I've forgot to take a photo from my Salvia Divinorum mother-plant before I've cut the 20+ Cuttlings  :sleep:

But this is how she looks like now :)

DSC01660.JPG

Decided to overwinter my mandragora officinarum, they grow amazingly slow, this friend is over a year old.

DSC01661.JPG

My biggest silene capensis (african dream root) out of 20. About 4/5 weeks after germination.

DSC01663.JPG

Atropa Belladonna var. lutea (yellow cherries). I've managed to germinate these out of 1 cherry. Lovely.

DSC01664.JPG

Delosperma Bosseranum. These grow very very slow when they are young, but they grow faster they bigger they get.

These ice plants germinated over 5 weeks ago and will only start a faster grow in about 2 weeks from my past experience.

DSC01665.JPG

Picture above is the stage at 5 weeks, this one is only about 6 weeks older; making it almost 3 months old.

DSC01668.JPG

It turned out that one of my Calea Ternifolia (Zacatechichi) was a fake one, which are sold all over the internet as the "non-bitter" variation, which is total crap. There are no "non-bitter" caleas. Anyway, this plant here is the real Calea Zacatechici, I think it's the Calyculata variation, different leaves then the ternifolia variation but still oval and very bitter, not triangular and peppery like the fake one.

DSC01666.JPG

An overview. Interesting fact: My Mimosa Hostilis always start to close their leaves about 1 hour before the lights turn off, they seem to have build up an everlasting circle :)

DSC01667.JPG

Sceletium Tortuosum (Kanna). All the leaves and everything above the roots was harvested after 16 months of cultivation. I hope it will grow to the size of a baseball glove, again!

DSC01670.JPG

13 Astrophytum Caput-Medusae seedlings. They've all germinated within 5 days, I was amazed! I hope that all of the 30 (I think) will germinate

DSC01672.JPG

First astrophytum asterias variegata germinating!

DSC01674.JPG

My smallest salvia divinorum cutting in the back. Took 3 weeks to build up the first roots.

Took 4 more weeks until the leaves came out (there were none when I've cut it!)

In the front a calea zacatechichi cutting. I clone them on stonewool but this one stands in a glass of water. Just experimenting because I want to know which strategy is more effective. Altough any retard could clone calea z  :tongue:

DSC01673.JPG

Edited by Neptunechild, 16 November 2014 - 08:30 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#198 zakna

zakna

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

9425717b98efe665b2bf1449918689f6.jpg
Syrian rue about 3 weeks old

2e3ccf4d2bbcc3d2e4d9f4fcdef6aeac.jpg
B. Caapi muricata about 2 weeks old

5a73cbf226f77ca2666a8c33c6113364.jpg
This one popped up first took 5 weeks to germinate these 2/45 worked around 5%

09135be57cde27138de9a9555c8975e8.jpg
Cebil( Yopo ) tree, 4 weeks old and xhosa ( African dream herb ) 6 weeks old

Pampering my babies is always on my to-do list. Everyone loves love except the rue lol rue loves being abused but there's always the freaky ones right?

5e91d04bf88a464e7157a92e473e28d8.jpg
2+ year old pineapple tree

These are just some of my favs :) hope you guys enjoy
  • Skywatcher and Neptunechild like this

#199 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 699 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

Namaste Zacna

No offense Zacna, but that african dream root is never 6 weeks old (if cultivated from seed). I know they grow fast and all but that's impossible...

The dream root in my picture is 4 weeks old and it's the fastest growing one that I have out of 20.

They stand in a very good and rich soil, with good drainage. 26°C as long as the lights are on and humidity between 40 to 60 %.

What's your secret? I really can not belive you that your plant is only 2 weeks older than mine.

But please do not be offended, I'm not saying that you're lying.. I just can't understand it.

Greetings and keep growing!

EDIT: Err..same for the Anadenanthera peregrina. 4 weeks? Really? -- Am I just fucking stoned right now and can't handle this information? It seems impossible from my experience..

Edited by Neptunechild, 17 November 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#200 zakna

zakna

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

Wanna see my set up bro? I'm running 204watts of lights. I have no problem explaining every detail of how I do what I do, but I have no reason to say things that arnt true. 24206b7aa2a5d5b96de2d51f3f06e1d0.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!