• OG VIP
  • 2,112 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

Too late for me as well, Alder.

I come from a family of partyers.

My friends are partyers as well.

Most people I meet are partyers.

I have been drinking since I was 18 and still do.

Mind you I cannot do it like I used to, and a few days to a week go by when I have nothing.

I take this time to dry out a little.

But if I went to a doctor and he told me I was going to die if I don't stop drinking...... I will be saying my goodbyes.

I just wish the drinks had no alcohol, because I do not do it to get drunk.

Just a couple here and there now and then and five or six on the weekends per day.

I love the taste.  I don't need the alcohol, and alcohol free beverages SUCK!

Rise, I commend you on your journey.  I could not last a month without at least a beer or two, let alone a whole year!!  That takes real courage!

• coorsmikey and riseabovethought like this

#62 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,759 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

You can actually clean out your liver with flushes. I do them once every 6 months. It also keeps gallbladder stones from forming.

• mushit and riseabovethought like this

#63 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,112 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

What kind of flushes, One?
I have heard of detox and have attempted this, but I get lazy.
I would rather just make some turmeric soup and call it a day.
  • riseabovethought likes this

#64 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,784 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:11 PM

And make sure some of that water has boomers in it from time to time to reset the mind.
  • mushit, coorsmikey and riseabovethought like this

#65 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:23 PM

Though I don't really drink anymore, when I did, there were times when I was pretty steady at two beers a day.  I found myself laying off altogether a few times when that was my level.   I was shocked to see how my 24/7 consciousness was affected by those couple beers in the evenings.   It was like a fog lifted.   I really loved a good pale ale, and even had a big keg in the fridge for many years.   Now at 71, my relationship to this body is to get it healthier.   Even in that, there's no guarantee for any tomorrow.  The good looking corpse option is long gone in any event.   But I have to say right now, these days, I am feeling pretty good. 

• mushit, coorsmikey and riseabovethought like this

#66 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,759 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:56 PM

What kind of flushes, One?
I have heard of detox and have attempted this, but I get lazy.
I would rather just make some turmeric soup and call it a day.

I add 1/2 tsp epsom salt to the EVOO and Lemon juice. No lie, this flush is damn nasty, but it is totally worth it. I do a three day in a row flush.

[Direct Link]

• mushit likes this

#67 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:06 PM

While I love the concept... of a quick flush, I do have some reservations about its actual effectiveness, just because of comparing its significance to the rest of what is consumed in one day or in one month or in a year.  For example, in terms of calories, take that 30 calorie flush or perhaps a few multivitamins and/ or minerals worth say- 10 calories and compare it to 2000-3000 calories of what is eaten alongside it in just one day.  Its akin to a drop of water versus a giant tsunami wave on the other side of the equation.  Now thats a generalization and perhaps some quick flushes, and some vitamins and/or minerals for some people with isolated deficiencies may be quite powerful for them, but I think for real impact, several additional factors should be considered and approaching it from several different angles might be one's best shot at really making a lasting positive improvement in liver (or other organ system) function.   

#68 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:24 PM

I just went looking for an online version of the 12 form Qigong regime my doc has me doing.  It used to be somewhere online, but now I can no longer find it in searches.  I can find places that claim to teach it, so I guess money has now hidden it.   This set of exercises were said to be hidden by master Bodhidharma in the ShaoLin Temple and remained secret for hundreds of years.   It is said that if these 12 forms are practiced with 49 reps, three times a day (without missing), for three years, one's chi becomes so strong that knives cannot penetrate and one can walk through walls.  I haven't been able to do the 49 three times in one day yet.  I have done it twice in a day, but it still hurts too much, but I am getting there. 

My doc says it affects the body through the acupuncture meridians and strengthens all the organs.   Maybe by the time I am 75, no one will be able to fuck with me, eh?

#69 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,784 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:27 AM

here is a few that you may be able to use...

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

https://www.wikihow....and-Effectively

https://www.pinteres...35097518042991/

https://commons.wiki...me_L0038898.jpg

#70 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,058 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:54 AM

Interesting. Except not sure I do things in quantities 49 anymore.

#71 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:38 AM

The series I am practicing is called, "Yi Gun Jin."  The reps and breathing are quite fast, otherwise 12 X 49 reps would take all day.   So, it's 49 fast breaths without much in the way of movement, except in four of the forms there is some movement.  In the rest, it's only a tensioning of the muscles into the form on the inhalation and a relaxing on the exhalation.   In three of the forms, I rise to the balls of the feet.  In one, I raise the toes, and in the final one, I move the arms up and down while rising up on the balls of the feet and lowering, with the tension in arms both ways (called, "lifting the moon from the sea" {not the one I find on Y'ube}). 

The breathing rate is around two seconds per breath/rep.    I would have thought that hyperventilation would occur with such breathing, but the tension is such that the oxygen seems to be used up.  For where I am at with this, forty nine reps is truly a workout, and it is taking me about 22 minutes to complete the cycle of 588 reps. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 15 November 2018 - 11:17 AM.

#72 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:44 PM

Joe Rogan did Sober October

[Direct Link]

Im going to do Sober 2019.

If I start now, it gives me about a week in November, a whole month of December, and the whole year of 2019---> adding up to a full 57 weeks, to in fact regenerate my entire liver.  I will work hard to avoid all liver-toxic substances creating my new liver with the best materials available.  From there, I can feel pretty confident that even with so many years of heavy drinking, I did what I could about healing it up, and I dont think my liver will be the thing that takes me out or yields the major illness that brings me down.  After that, I think I'll be operating from a better place at least as far as my liver is concerned, even if I take up drinking again.  I cant get my head around admitting my powerless to alcohol addiction, like AA insists on.  I'll have another beer one day but not in 2019.  Sober 2019.  Anyone care to join me in the big liver clean up of 2019?  Misery loves company and all.   

• Alder Logs likes this

#73 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:16 PM

I will be doing the castor hot oil packs soon.  

#74 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,784 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

That wouldn't be from Castor beans I hope.

#75 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:43 PM

I believe that's where castor oil comes from.    I have been told that hot castor oil packs go as far back in the records as ancient Egypt.

https://www.edgarcay...almaChristi.pdf

#76 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:46 PM

You know all this talk about castor oil makes me want a drink.  And the fact that no one wants to join me in quitting drinking, also makes me want a drink.  

I think whats really important in quitting a destructive habit, is replacing it with a CONstructive habit, something I can live with...So, I've taken up quilting.  Just kidding.  Lettuce!  And veggies- Im going to become a veggie finatic for awhile.  I dont know what the hell Im celebrating anyway, right?  I mean if one drinks for holidays and for weekends and weeknights and with friends, and its just an everyday thing, what makes a special occasion special anymore? 

I mean, I keep thinking, WTF am I celebrating?!  It aint clarity and it might just be more like a slow demise, slow suicide like smoking cigs.  I've always wondered if thats what it really is, deep down.  Sad... but true?  Maybe.  One guy said addiction is really a lack of connection, a lack of meaningful relationship(s).  I think there might be a connection, but with social media now so far up our asses, arent we more connected than ever?  The superficiality of Fuckbook; its blatant insincerity, might be quite the polar opposite when you really consider it in depth.  Its all so depressing really, Hey!  Lets have a drink to raise our spirits (with a depressant?).  Damn, I need a drink...Noooooooooooooooooo!

Maybe this guy knows

How to break a bad habit

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 28 November 2018 - 03:12 PM.

#77 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

I trust if you go only a few days without alcohol you will start seeing a fog lift.  That was always my experience.

So, should I start drinking so I can quit with you?  

• coorsmikey likes this

#78 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

No.  Im happy you have a healthy liver Alder.  Better keep it that way.  But Thanks for the support! :cool:  

#79 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:46 PM

"One guy said addiction is really a lack of connection, a lack of meaningful relationship(s)"
Gabor Mate agrees. Plenty of talks of his on youtube. Recent book published on subject " in the realm of hungry ghosts" is waiting for me to read it.

#80 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,108 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

"One guy said addiction is really a lack of connection, a lack of meaningful relationship(s)"
Gabor Mate agrees. Plenty of talks of his on youtube. Recent book published on subject " in the realm of hungry ghosts" is waiting for me to read it.

I think there is some truth to this... This is one of the reasons programs like AA and NA are effective... You make new associations and those associations are typically trying to be good people....

I haven't had a drink or drug in 15 months... I haven't even burned one in that long. I view this as a nice little reset...

FYI... LSD and psilocybin do constitute drugs in my book....

Does it bother anyone else that psilocybin and mycelium are said to be misspelled when sharing on the forum?? Personally, I think that is a little more than messed up...

I will probably drink again, drinking has never been a problem and I enjoy a drink while seeing live music...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!