• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• Expired Member
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

Good day mycotopia! It has been some time since I have been to this board, but I miss and love you all who have contributed here. Hope everyone is enjoying their journey.

Anyway, I'm curious of others experiences with the use of a cannabis tincture ingested orally.

Mainly interested in physiological effects compared to smoking the bud/flower.

Appreciate it!
  • Shadowlord, kcmoxtractor, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#2 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

I, personally, have not had any of the high thc tinctures, but have had the high CBD low THC tincture. It's great for an overall feeling of well being and seems to provide me with more energy. I give my dog a cbd only vegetable glycerine tincture for her cancer.....she acts 5 yrs younger.....

another thing about the tinctures.......anything with ONLY CBD in it can be possessed and consumed by anyone legally, medical card or not.....but in my state, can only be procured from a dispensary. I believe Ultra CBD tinctures can be bought online for double the price it is in the dispensary....

Good to see you back Mr.Kush, miss those incredible cacti threads....

Edited by illigitimateJester, 20 August 2014 - 06:25 PM.

• Shadowlord, TurkeyRanch and nomadicAI like this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,949 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

Good to see you Mr Kush.

I have used indica tincture quite a few times. I find the effects are to me almost the same as any other edible form. It takes about 20 minutes to start, a full hour to come up slowly to max, and lasts for a good 10 hours. Much more physical and not very cerebral. Think "couch lock". It is a more steady even high. Good for pain management.

Smoking is basically almost immediate, and a much shorter duration.

• Shadowlord likes this

#4 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Ahhhh! Mr Kush!

So good to see you!

Check this out, it's up your alley, and you're the one who inspired me to go whole hog . . .
https://mycotopia.ne...x-xxx-hardcore/

For tincture, if enough is taken, it gets trippy for me. The body load that comes with can detract for me, but I have had some pretty trippy effects from edibles. Depending on strain, it can also paralyze you physically in high doses. . . Personally I stay really low with tincture, and it's like a slightly more intense and much longer stone comparable to smoking.

Edited by TurkeyRanch, 20 August 2014 - 07:07 PM.

• Shadowlord likes this

#5 Cindysid

Cindysid

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

I have to be careful with tincture.  Even the same batch can become more powerful in time in my opinion.  Maybe because some of the alcohol evaporates, I don't know, but when i get to the bottom of that jar I usually have to halve my dose, but it does really help with back and hip pain and makes my life a lot nicer.  If I'm going to be working outside I will take just a couple of drops and everything is beautiful.

#6 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• Expired Member
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Thank you for sharing.

Good to see some familiar "faces"! TR, I checked out that thread, looks like you have become quite acquainted with the cacti, you inspire me.

It sounds like the tincture is enticing enough for me to want and try myself :)

Is anyone aware of a tek here?
One that is practical and doable with readily available resources that don't need to be ordered.

I tried to search, but am a bit rusty in terms of navigation.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#7 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hugs brother! Hope you stick around for a bit, the boards are less without your presence and knowledge.

My favorite is veggie glycerin tincture, it desolves like THC candy in the mouth. I can't find a tek here, search and you will find one somewhere.

Good method: put cannabis material like kier or herb or trim in a jar (fill it up with material) fill with vegetable glycerin, and let sit for two months, lightly mixing the jar every few days. Strain and consume. Speed it up to a month by putting it above your fridge or in a much room incubator :) to keep it slightly warm.

So good to see ya Kush!

Edited by TurkeyRanch, 21 August 2014 - 01:27 PM.

• Shadowlord likes this

#8 nomadicAI

nomadicAI

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 346 posts

Donator

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

hello Mr Kush!

I have tried an alcohol tincture tincture several times. I do not know whether it is made with indica or sativa, but I suspect sativa and it has a high concentraction of thc v. cbd.

The first few times I gave it a spin were fantastic; lots of energy and smiles. Like Skywatcher I had very long experiences with it, 8 - 10 hours.

Unfortunately I am the kind that can have panic attacks under the influence of bud... and 8 - 10 hours with a racing heart and paranoia do not suit me.

Nowadays I leave it alone because more often than not it is too intense.

#9 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,230 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Tried to make a tincture once and failed miserably.   I was left feeling like the tincture just isnt what I was hoping.  Coconut oil works great as a carrier oil, cook it slow and long, strain and then cap the oil into 00 capsules.  I am constantly wondering about all the new cannabis liquids and drinks being sold like crazy in CO and WA.  Might even be a good investment; one of these new specialty drink companies.  I always wonder how they convert it in the lab and liquify it into a nice long lasting buzz.  If it were done well, i could switch from vaping back to drinking again.  lol 

• Shadowlord and TurkeyRanch like this

#10 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

Good info and great to see you again Mr. Kush. Been a little while.

#11 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• Expired Member
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

Thanks again for the insight. I did a little research and it looks pretty straight forward, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Riseabovethought and Shadowlord I certainly didn't forget you guys either, remember learning a lot from you.

I definitely plan on participating here some again, just limited to limited use with a hand held device atm which is a bit of a nuisance. Make the most with what I can though.
  • Shadowlord, riseabovethought and TurkeyRanch like this

#12 Cindysid

Cindysid

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Quart Jar, filled with  Crumbled decarboxylated weed.  Frozen Vodka,  Pour in vodka, put in the freezer and shake everytime you go to the refrigerator. In 3 weeks, drain thru cheesecloth into a jar then dump plant material into cheescloth and wring it out into same jar.  Done.    I'm going to to have to try the vegetable glycerine.  I really hate the vodka.  I make the oil for my hubby with the coconut oil.  I also add soy lecithin. He takes one gram a day to keep his cancer in remission. It also made it possible for him to get off his diabetes and blood pressure meds.

Edited by Cindysid, 21 August 2014 - 09:21 PM.

• Shadowlord, kcmoxtractor, TurkeyRanch and 4 others like this

#13 Psylence

Psylence

Psychopharmacologist

• Expired Member
  • 386 posts

Donator

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

Not once have I ever felt effects from tincture. I've tried it many times with no effect so I got a bottle one last time and me and my girl downed the whole thing, half each. It tastes sooo strong of hash oil but still nothing. It's a waste of money IMO unless you get a cbd one for an illness.

#14 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

tincture feels about the same as edibles IMO, but it comes on

a lot faster. coldfingers make a really great tincture from flowers

IME, but nothing beats a good dry ice hash/kief tincture. it

dissolves so quickly in a hot water bath. you can go from shaking

trim in a bucket with dry ice to a tincture in an hour. i guess any

form of crumbly hash would work well.

i've had a few bottles of good glycerin tincture, but never made

any myself. from what i've read, glycerin takes a lot longer to

produce a usable tincture than ethanol.

Tried to make a tincture once and failed miserably.   I was left feeling like the tincture just isnt what I was hoping.  Coconut oil works great as a carrier oil, cook it slow and long, strain and then cap the oil into 00 capsules.  I am constantly wondering about all the new cannabis liquids and drinks being sold like crazy in CO and WA.  Might even be a good investment; one of these new specialty drink companies.  I always wonder how they convert it in the lab and liquify it into a nice long lasting buzz.  If it were done well, i could switch from vaping back to drinking again.  lol 

i would assume they get it into the soda via vegetable glycerin

tinctures. glycerin is a sugar substitute and tastes very sweet.

• Shadowlord and TurkeyRanch like this

#15 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

Glycerin takes at least a month how I do it, but mmmmm holy heck! Cannabis candy. Ethanol is good too, and much much faster.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#16 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

The price of glycerine has kept me from trying to make any. If I can find it at a reasonable price I'd give it a whirl.

#17 Pilzkopf

Pilzkopf

Der Pilzreich F├╝hrer

• Expired Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

$25 for a gallon
http://www.rtsvapes....&show=10&page=1

It doesn't seem too expensive when you consider the fact that you could potentially suspend about 64 grams of HASH in a gallon, let alone how much straight bud that would do.

Edit - and it looks like you're just buying e-cig stuff.

I think that you can get 20% off on your first order with a certain code, as well.

Edited by Pilzkopf, 23 August 2014 - 11:49 PM.

• Shadowlord likes this

#18 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:03 AM

You could fit way more than 64 grams in a gallon. Lots! For glycerin I have used only used kief, and I go off of volume. Container 1/2 filled with kief, and totally filled with glycerin.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#19 Psylence

Psylence

Psychopharmacologist

• Expired Member
  • 386 posts

Donator

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

Does anyone know why I've never felt effects from tincture? I've also never felt effects from any edibles I've ever bought but I've made brownies myself and they work amazing. I always double boil an oz of good stuff in the oil then I cut the whole batch into just 4 pieces and eat one of those.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#20 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:36 AM

I normally only get effects from edibles I've made myself. I grow so my tolerance is high. The only way to have edibles be worth the time is to make them super strong. People that don't smoke as much eat my cookies in halves or quarters. I'm assuming that's why purchased tinctures and edibles seem inactive to me.
  • Psylence likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!