• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#41 Devu

Devu

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:22 AM

Great thread. Thank you for sharing, they look beautiful! I wish you continued success!

• wharfrat likes this

#42 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

Great pics for the newer growers.  Excellent and informative thread, to be sure.  And even a bit self-deprecating, which is always a plus, lol.

you didn't mention my gloating  :blush:

seriously though, thank you for the compliments .. my gloating is in fun, i don't mean to offend anyone or make myself look like i'm better then any other.. :tongue: :wub: :hug:

No, I meant I enjoy your sense of humor.  It's refreshing in the OMC as so many are very ego-centric and way, way too sensitive.

• Heirloom and wharfrat like this

#43 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,275 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

Palenque with a clear liner

100% colonized, time for a casing

attachicon.gif20140906_125341.jpg

cased with 50/50+

attachicon.gif20140906_151516.jpg

Is the first pic right off the incubator? Does that look like knotting or just the sub texture?

Also, are you going to use fahtster's late casing by exposing to light and fae right after casing or will you wait until some of it is colonized?

there is a little knotting, i took it out of the inc a couple days later then usual, with the clear line i could see there was spots uncolonized on the bottom, so i let it go longer

dunno who fahtster is but i take out of inc, case and throw directly into fruiting. I don't want my casing to colonize at all

• MLBjammer, Xerces and Rangley like this

#44 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

dunno who fahtster is

https://mycotopia.ne...hts-teks-index/

• wharfrat likes this

#45 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,275 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

some burma stragglers..in between flushes hoping it's not my second flush.. lol

20140908_071246.jpg

Edited by wharfrat, 08 September 2014 - 07:46 PM.

• Xerces, kcmoxtractor, torn2bits and 1 other like this

#46 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

Wharf I did a clear tub no liner and am getting side pins and some large primordial. The cake has not got and primordial on the top surface. The cake has not pulled away from the tub.

I was wondering how your clear tub is doing and side pins?

The next tub I will use some black plastic and see if I get only shrooms from the top

• coorsmikey likes this

#47 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,275 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

Wharf I did a clear tub no liner and am getting side pins and some large primordial. The cake has not got and primordial on the top surface. The cake has not pulled away from the tub.

I was wondering how your clear tub is doing and side pins?

The next tub I will use some black plastic and see if I get only shrooms from the top

as long as you use a liner you will be fine, thin plastic works best to stay stuck to the sub as it shrinks, that's the key..

and unfortunately the trich fairy payed a visit to all my tubs, including the clear liner tub, so i tossed them all and i'm going to stop growing for a little while. I'm moving soon and this weather has just been too warm for good grows, and this mold is a killer this year. sooo, i'll put my grow log on hold till then.

#48 torn2bits

torn2bits

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

wharfrat,
One day will devote strikt attention to side pin fruiting ;) .
You may be the man to dismiss the myth.
  • wharfrat likes this

#49 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,275 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

wharfrat,
One day will devote strikt attention to side pin fruiting ;) .
You may be the man to dismiss the myth.

i had a good tub going too, damn mold hit that tub and both the burma tubs that were just starting to pin a second flush.. i woke up the morning and it had spread like wildfire. no saving it

#50 torn2bits

torn2bits

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

Man that always sucks, contam's SUCK so badly, I hate to hear that man.
Park em outside??

#51 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,275 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

nope, in the garbage.. we just bought a home, so i am moving. don't want to leave behind evidence

#52 Xerces

Xerces

Embedded Spirit of Love & Power

• OG VIP
  • 970 posts

Donator

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:38 PM

sorry to hear that man. couldn't you spray some bleach on it or something?

#53 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,275 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

sorry to hear that man. couldn't you spray some bleach on it or something?

does that actually work? mold is also a fungus, how can u kill 1 without killing the other? i never tried, i just assumed it wont work

#54 Xerces

Xerces

• OG VIP
  • 970 posts

Donator

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

honestly i don't really know. i did read something about spraying a solution of water boiled with cinnamon. supposedly it killed the green mold without affecting the mycelium. it's worth the try i guess.

and bleach, well, maybe spraying it diluted with water on top could kill the mold and leave most of the mycelium alive? and then flipping the cake? just guessing. probably someone else has tried something like this.

• MLBjammer likes this

#55 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,275 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

honestly i don't really know. i did read something about spraying a solution of water boiled with cinnamon. supposedly it killed the green mold without affecting the mycelium. it's worth the try i guess.

and bleach, well, maybe spraying it diluted with water on top could kill the mold and leave most of the mycelium alive? and then flipping the cake? just guessing. probably someone else has tried something like this.

i'll give it a try when it happens again. ty for your advise brother

Edited by wharfrat, 12 September 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#56 Xerces

Xerces

• OG VIP
  • 970 posts

Donator

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

Take it more like a wild guess than an advice. Don't quote me on on that LOL. I rather have someone with more experience back that suggestion. I would give it a try though.

• wharfrat likes this

#57 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

There are high mold counts everywhere right now.  I live in the Southeast, and it's hot and wet right now, so I am always battling the green monster.  I figure if I get a couple flushes from a bulk before it goes south, I am fortunate.

As far as bleach, I think a very diluted dunk might kill trich and other molds without killing the myc., but the key is seeing the contam at a very early stage.  Once it's spread, I haven't found any way to eliminate it other than attempting to fruit outdoors.  Some have claimed salt works if you cut out a section of funked sub and pour salt as a barrier around it.  Others have claimed that concentrated sunlight will kill spots of mold in jars (using a magnifying glass or something similar).  I have tried bleach dunks (1 parts bleach:200 parts water), and it's worked somewhat with PF cakes.  I have never been able to save a bulk, though.

I have recently been reading that lime water will kill molds without destroying mycelium, too, but I have not tried that either.

I know a lot of growers who only do bulk growing in the fall and winter to avoid the intenser comtam. battles.

Edited by MLBjammer, 13 September 2014 - 06:57 AM.

• wharfrat likes this

#58 BlackPeter17

BlackPeter17

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,347 posts

Donator

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

nope, in the garbage.. we just bought a home, so i am moving. don't want to leave behind evidence

This is great news. How big is your yard? I'm looking for a place out there where I can build my micro/tiny house on a trailer :)
  • Chancey, wharfrat and Dirteater like this

#59 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,275 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

This is great news. How big is your yard? I'm looking for a place out there where I can build my micro/tiny house on a trailer :)

thank you. not very big, but suits us nicely. still in a small city, but comfortable nice place.

• Xerces likes this

#60 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

Wharf may your new house be trich free I hope! You have had some terrible luck with it lately.

• Xerces likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!