36 replies to this topic

#1 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

This little article should kick off this thread:  http://www.informati...rticle39519.htm

• mycowarrier, Juthro and Spooner like this

#2 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:13 AM

Room 101 from Orwell's 1984: 
https://www.youtube....h?v=czR8gTX-yJY

We are not North Korea yet, but much has come to pass such as rewriting history (weapons of mass destruction morphing into regime change), double speak (torture relabeled as enhanced interrogation techniques), loss of privacy (warrant less phone and web taps), loss of individuality (politically correct speech). fear mongering by use of a common persistent enemy (terrorism), the list increases daily.

• Sidestreet and mycowarrier like this

#3 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

holy shit!

#4 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

:rolleyes: >Open Rant<

I find myself wearing my foil brain bucket most of the time. Have for a long time. I think it's a real good idea, especially since the advent of the ultimate survaillance and control weapon. Social media.

The sixties scared the shit out of those who would control us. Kids were breaking out of their ticky tacky boxes. Abandoning the "my country right or wrong" mentality. Freeing their minds, daring to think for themselves. 

Nixon's vast expansion of the country's war on drugs was imo the opening shot of this most recent incarnation of the war on freedom. The Kent State murders were just too overt. Unpopular except to some law 'n' order brownshirt types.

Something more subtle and politically acceptable was needed so along came the demonization of mind altering substances in general and pot in particular. The hugely popular drug symbolized a breakdown of control so the propaganda machine was cranked up and for quite a while most of the population was on board. Ronnie and Nancy fired up the supercharger with their crackpot rhetoric. The conditioning was underway.

Hey kids, don't you know that that weed will ruin your life? It will make you ineligible for school financial aid. It will get the shit kicked out of you, and those jackboots hurt. It will put you in jail with murderers and rapists.

It worked pretty well for quite a while, until the truth started leaking out. 

Then came 9/11. I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories that it was our own people who did it, but man did it ever provide an opportunity to expand domestic spying and police action. Now that things have cooled down a bit there's a good excuse to provide damn near every civilian police force in the country with sophisticated and intimidating military hardware. Hell, they don't even need to be trained. Give 'em the goodies and turn 'em loose. Keep them dissenters and (insert epithet here) in line. In fear.

Meanwhile, the mob psychologists were working hard to come up with more and more subtle ways to steer thought. In parallel with that the internet came into being. Communications surveillance grew alongside. Now everythng we do on the Web is permanently recorded. Dollars to donuts that huge building in Utah is housing the means to examine those communications. Correlate and look for patterns.

Now kids are gleefully shouting to the world everything from tonight's homework assignments to who's screwing whom to personal attacks and plans for shooting up the school. So far data collection and surveillance  produce too much data for effective analysis. So far. And who knows what DARPA-like research centers might be devising for the next generation of control?

Now we get into the further reaches of la-la land. What is it that's driving the increase and severity of youth violence? Is this just some kind of spontaneous combustion or is there a subtle psychological campaign to drive the susceptible to these acts? To use those acts to justify the overt conditioning, dumbing down and cowing of kids? And on another but related subject, why in the FUCK are kids allowed to take their cell and smartphones into class? Sorry, just a pet peave of mine.

So- there's a piece of a mind that's admittedly not all there. Given that there's also a lot of good in the networking and exchange of ideas via the internet and even the social media. I think it's a big part of the impending end of the war on weed. For exposing the misdeeds of those who""serve and protect" us. There's vast opportunity for exposing naked emperors. But there's also vast opportunity for very subtle and sophisticated application of mob psychology.

I'm starting to ramble more than usual so it's time to close out. It's getting sweaty under the foil.

<Close Rant>

By the way, Alder, thanks a bunch for getting me started!  :rolleyes: I usually try to keep this shit secret!  :tinfoil:

Edited by bugs, 02 September 2014 - 12:28 PM.

• Sidestreet, Shadowlord, Alder Logs and 3 others like this

#5 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

As a child of the '60s, I can follow your string of connections, Bugs.  I still remember where I was working when I heard over the radio that the National Guard was shooting students my age dead, stone cold dead.  It was frightening, but now I am older and realize that we are just very advanced hairless apes, with the same old in and out group mentality.  The internet has allowed current generations to have online international friends in Australia and China just as easily as the folks next door.   It harder for governments to claim a common enemy based solely on geographical location.  It is also harder for lies to survive as long when info is so easily available on the net.  The anarchy of the internet is a very healthy influence.

• bugs, Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#6 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

some of this internet anarchy needs to spill out into the streets.

Spooner, I was in the national guard the same year those kids got shot up, we're both getting closer to the finish line than the start, eh?

back then we had a rallying point in the form of our music. somehow the music became about the war and the sickening of the culture and became the fulcrum "activists" used with the lever of protesters to scare the shit out of DC into ending the war.

this younger generation needs a rallying point. sadly too many are too focused on the horribly insignificant daily minutia of their own and each others' day. How about they spend some time Not-Liking all these fucking wars on Facebook - that would be a start. Fuck, if they can't think for themselves maybe they'll get it right as a group.

Speaking only for one greybeard it seems to me this whole mess ends in a few piles of smoking rubble around the globe and a new Dark Age followed by the same old play again. In fact I'd bet this play has been running since we started standing upright.

End Rant

In a cheery mood today, aren"t I?

Edited by pharmer, 02 September 2014 - 03:07 PM.

• Sidestreet, bugs and Shadowlord like this

#7 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

It's not the internet per se but the social sites and kids using them like a diary. A diary with no lock, setting on a lunchroom table. There seems to be an attitude that if you can't see your audience, much less curious bystanders, then they're not really there. There seems to be no regard or respect for their own personal privacy or, probably, the privacy of their friends, enemies or families.

We know how adept the retailers are at mining the data to predict buying habits. I see a danger, and have seen some articles that indicate that people are exploiting that kind of predictive analysis. It may never go to the of the extent of -oh, shit, what was the futurisic movie?- jailing people based on probabilities of future actions. Or at least subjecting innocent people to unwarranted (pun intended) surveillance.

Of course this is probably just an old fart griping about today's wayward youth. But hell, we're in a surveillance society and we're easy to surveile.

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Dig deeper into the 9-11 conspiracy theories and they'll look less like theory the farther your delve.

Don't miss prescription drugs when judging the graph of youth violence.

• bugs, Coopdog, Spooner and 1 other like this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

DNA Tests Clear Wrongfully Convicted Half-Brothers After 30 Years

Two African-American half-brothers have been exonerated of rape and murder convictions in North Carolina after over 30 years behind bars. Henry Lee McCollum and Leon Brown were found guilty in 1984 of the rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl the previous year. There was no physical evidence tying them to the crime, but police obtained confessions that McCollum and Brown have always said were coerced. Both brothers have mental disabilities. McCollum was sentenced to death and Brown to life in prison. Police at the time failed to investigate another man, Roscoe Artis, who lived nearby and had admitted to a similar rape and murder at around the same time. After three decades, the case saw a major breakthrough last month when testing by North Carolina’s Innocence Inquiry Commission tied Artis’ DNA to the crime scene. On Tuesday, the two brothers were declared innocent and ordered freed. Prison officials say they will be released today after ordering them to remain behind bars for a final night. In a recent interview with The News & Observer after the DNA testing pointed to a likely exoneration, Henry Lee McCollum said he never lost hope that he would one day see freedom.

Henry Lee McCollum: "Since I have been here, I have never stopped believing that one day I would be able to walk out that door. I never stopped believing that. A long time ago, I wanted to find me a good wife, I wanted to raise a family, I wanted to have my own business and everything. I never got a chance to fulfill those dreams, never got the chance, because the people took 30 years away from me, and they destroyed my life. Now, I believe that God is going to bless me to get back out there."

Over the years, death penalty supporters have cited the brothers’ case in order to back capital punishment. In 2010, the North Carolina Republican Party pasted McCollum’s mug shot on campaign mailers. In 1994, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia pointed to McCollum as an example of why the death penalty is just. Henry Lee McCollum was North Carolina’s longest-serving death row prisoner until Tuesday. Today, along with his half-brother Leon Brown, he will walk out of prison after 30 years behind bars for a crime they did not commit.

Edited by Alder Logs, 03 September 2014 - 10:35 AM.

• Sidestreet, bugs, Juthro and 1 other like this

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

Local and State Police Involved in Sensitive Hemisphere Program
  • Spooner likes this

#11 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

This right here is pretty freaking messed up. Police raid a popular bar, search patrons for illegal stuff. "If you're clean you get to walk out the door". MESSED UP. News report is a video:

http://www.wdrb.com/...&autostart=true

Text version of news story: http://www.wave3.com...-foul-over-raid

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A Louisville bar is raided, people inside are frisked and officers are asking questions. It's a scene that played out in the Highlands and was viewed by thousands after the video was posted online Wednesday.

The video, posted on YouTube, shows Louisville Metro Police working with Alcohol Beverage Control officers at the raid at Cahoots on Bardstown Road.

It also shows surprised customers wondering what was happening.

The bar's owner and her attorney said they were just cited Thursday night by Alcohol Beverage Control for having a 19-year-old on property and for finding one person with drugs on them Wednesday morning. Attorney Gregory Butrum says normally citations are issued when officers are there. They believe the late citation may be retaliation because the video was posted.

The man recording the video is heard saying to officers, “I'm allowed to record this.”

He started rolling around 2 a.m. during the surprise search of customers at the popular bar.

An officer working for ABC or Louisville Metro is seen saying to customers, “Now a show of hands, who's got something on them they shouldn't have? No one?”

Cahoots owner said there was no warrant and that she had no idea what was happening as the front and back doors were locked. She then said about 40 people were subjected to a random search.

One customer is heard on the video saying of the search, “Wow, is this for real?”

One employee said he was scared and when someone in the crowd asked about their rights a man in a police T-shirt said, “You have the right to shut up.”

Louisville Metro Police said they were assisting Alcohol Beverage Control officers in a licensing issue.

“It kind of happened out of nowhere,” said Kameran Kerelaj who works nearby. “It was just a lot of police cars and they just kind of raided the place.”

Some neighbors said they've heard of problems at the bar, but Butram says it didn't require a shakedown.

“It looks like police gone wild,” he said, adding police have every right to ask if anyone has anything on them, but he said they crossed the line.

“They're searching them, they're not asking for permission, they're not letting them leave,” he said of the customers.

“It all looks highly inappropriate to me, quite frankly it scares me to think that our police would be so poorly trained they can't tell appropriate conduct from inappropriate conduct, or what is legal verses not legal,” Butrum said.

Kate Miller, Louisville ACLU Program Director Kate Miller said while customers had the right to ask for a lawyer or ask if they could leave, they may have been afraid to.

“I know if I were there, I would have been frightened,” she said, “I would have been confused about what to do.”

None of our calls to Alcohol Beverage Control were returned. The bar's attorney says the 19-year-old girl who was on property has an entertainment exemption because she performs as the Hula Girl.

• Alder Logs and Spooner like this

#12 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

Reminds me that my communication scares the shit out of some folks, but of course they expect to keep their communication private, even when it is on PowerPoint slides used to train goons on how to hide from the Constitution.

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:11 AM

http://agovernmentofwolves.com/about/

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

http://agovernmentof...merican-people/

#15 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,493 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

Dig deeper into the 9-11 conspiracy theories and they'll look less like theory the farther your delve.

None crazier than this one

[Direct Link]

• Sidestreet, bugs, Shadowlord and 6 others like this

#16 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,795 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:20 AM

August, bless you. That was a priceless vid, lol.

Like the old saying goes, you know they are lying if their lips are moving.
  • bugs, mycowarrier and SteampunkScientist like this

#17 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,493 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:55 AM

August, bless you. That was a priceless vid, lol.

Like the old saying goes, you know they are lying if their lips are moving.

Yea, Corbett nailed it. He's just done another for a different case. Not as sharp as this one but still effective.

• Juthro likes this

#18 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:47 AM

None crazier than this one

[Direct Link]

Thank You August West I needed a litle Black Comedy for relief from the madness.  :tinfoil:

#19 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:30 AM

Well, I'm sure as fuck glad that I was in elementary school, middle school, junior high, and high school when I was because I sure as fuck would have been expelled, arrested, and otherwise institutionalized LONG LONG AGO. You know, back when society expected kids and adolescents would do stupid shit sometimes and, instead of locking them up or expelling them for minor shit, they'd use it as a teaching moment.

Imagine all of the resources and time wasted on this zero-tolerance stuff, especially when a school cop lays charges on a kid? All of that takes time and money. It holds up the justice system with bull shit.

Who'd have thunk it that if you put a police officer into a school, whose sole job it is to look for trouble and charge people for it, it would result in kids getting records, TASERed, and dealing with other legal bull shit? Doesn't anybody try to correct the behavior anymore? Maybe those kids and adolescents doing stupid shit need to have someone try to teach them a better way and not ruin their futures completely? You think adolescents are really going to be rational and sensible all of the time?

You think adolescents put through this shit are going to suddenly go "OH man. Yeah. I was a dick. That's wrong. Yep. I'm going to be very well-behaved and not become an even greater problem for society as I continue to age." like they've seen the light?

In elementary school I kicked the shit out of one kid at recess for something. I just got so angry I lost control. I felt so bad afterwards and I couldn't stop crying. All that happened is the principal sat us both down and we talked. Probably helped that I'd never done anything bad before or since. Then we talked with our parents and the teacher. Then we made up and remained friends. Imagine how that would have played out today? I bet my entire future would have been ruined over it.

• Sidestreet, bugs, Shadowlord and 2 others like this

#20 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

Thanks, niemandgeist, for being to one to notice why I woke this thread back up.   I heard John W. Whitehead on CtoC a couple nights ago, and you seem to have found the point.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!