• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#1 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Life seems to be very doom and gloom right now for lots of folks. I know how it is when life keeps hitting you repeatedly in the face with a hammer, so lets try an exercise to be more positive. I've been seeing this meme all over the place lately, so lets try it here. Every day, think of 3 things that you are grateful for, and post them in this thread. Maybe you'll spend 5 minutes in the state of gratitude instead of despair. Maybe tomorrow it will be 6 minutes. And the day after that, 7.

C'mon, play along.

I'll go first. Today i am grateful for:

* The internet - bringing isolated crazy people together since 1994 (sometimes they move in together and get some emu)

* Meat - cause OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

* My BFF who always listens with an open, unjudging heart.

Your turn... GO

• kcmoxtractor, BeardedLadysLady, PsyBearknot and 20 others like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,788 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

I'm grateful for my health - which I so often take for granted

Also grateful for my current, peaceful, headspace - a rare occurrence in life.

+1 for the internet too

• TastyBeverage, PsyBearknot, roscoe and 7 others like this

#3 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,477 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

I'm grateful for my sweet wife, for my good health, and for all the opportunity I have to grow (in lots of different senses of the word).  :)

Edited by Sidestreet, 10 September 2014 - 08:57 AM.

• TastyBeverage, PsyBearknot, roscoe and 7 others like this

#4 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

I am grateful that I have such a supportive family, both my real relatives, and adopted friends like you guys.  I am grateful for fall, cooler weather, music, and my poultry pets.  I am grateful for my garden.  

I am grateful my partner lets me be as weird and free spirited as I am, and loves me despite my many flaws.

I am grateful that Hip built this place, and grateful to all the hardworking staff that has selflessly kept it running for almost 15 years.

• PsyBearknot, mycowarrier, roscoe and 8 others like this

#5 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

I'm grateful for the fact that I have a roof over my head, that I won't go hungry, and that I have an automobile to get from point A to point B.

I'm grateful that I have the trust and support of my family, especially since a long time ago I made lots of bad choices and lost their trust completely. It took a lot of work, a lot of time, and many lifestyle changes to earn that trust back.

I'm grateful that I can interact with and learn from this forum community. I guess that includes being grateful for an internet connection and a working PC, but mainly I'm grateful to be able to learn a lot from the information here in this forum. In general, I am so very grateful for an internet connection and for having easy access so much knowledge. I grew up when libraries still used those index card catalogues in the big long drawers which took time and patience to sort through to find the book you wanted:

cardcatalog.jpg

And then, of course, you had to hope that the author put a nice index in the book or you'd have to actually read through/skim the entire book to find useful information. My, how far we've come!

• Sidestreet, PsyBearknot, roscoe and 5 others like this

#6 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

I like this! Things I'm grateful for:

My cats for always making me laugh when things get crappy.

Music it keeps me breathing and feeling alive even in these times.

Family and friends for loving and accepting me for who I am.

[Direct Link]

I have to add the net because then I would not have Topia or you all. So I can at least enjoy my love of psychedelics with ya'll..:wub:

• PsyBearknot, roscoe, Stoned Angel and 6 others like this

#7 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,832 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

I am grateful for many of the same things you all are.

I too am grateful for my garden.   Soon it will be cold and dreary but much of the bounty has been canned and shelved to prolong the gratefulnesses.

I am also grateful of my gal pal, for all the obvious reason.  But also without her the garden would not have been as bountiful nor would I have so many full Ball jars!

I am grateful for Mycotopia, without this place I would not be the person I am today.  I have made so many life changes based on the knowledge that I have gathered here, it has also inspired me to seek knowledge everyday of my life often times in places I would have never looked before.

• MycoDani, Myc, coorsmikey and 9 others like this

#8 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,811 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

I am grateful for the wealth of friends, both here and not here, and the comfort of feeling like I belong.

I am grateful for my partner who has walked together with me every day for 26 years.

I am grateful for the path of my life, the good and bad, that forged me into who I am today.

• MycoDani, Myc, TastyBeverage and 9 others like this

#9 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,528 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'm grateful for all of the wonderful people in my life... my family and friends ( that includes all of you <3 ) I'm grateful for my beautiful girlfriend who has stood by my faithfuly and supportively while I struggled through dark times.

I'm grateful for my health... which as was mentioned before by someone else I often take for granted. Gotta start treating my body better.

I'm grateful for the life I have and all that goes with it.

• TastyBeverage, PsyBearknot, roscoe and 5 others like this

#10 gremlinchode

gremlinchode

Fed after Midnight

• Expired Member
  • 806 posts

Donator

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:15 PM

I am grateful for my family, and being able to provide for them.

Attached Thumbnails

• daddy.jpg
  • funny-stormtroopers-dad-son.jpg

Edited by gremlinchode, 10 September 2014 - 04:21 PM.

• MycoDani, PsyBearknot, roscoe and 5 others like this

#11 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

I am grateful that Hip built this place, and grateful to all the hardworking staff that has selflessly kept it running for almost 15 years.

I was just in it for the paycheck.  :cool:

Since some of you have ADD and posted more than 3, i'll go again! heh

* I'm grateful that a few words on the internet made you, the reader stop for a minute to think about the bounty in your life.

* I'm grateful that you then stopped to share your words with me. That is how all community begins.

* I'm grateful for bacon.

CAUSE C'MON, IT'S BACON!

• kcmoxtractor, PsyBearknot, roscoe and 6 others like this

#12 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

What a wonderful thread Bev, much love to you for starting it.

I am thankful that I found such a loving group of peers that has accepted me for who I am. That has not always been easy for me. You all help me to be a better person, weather you know it or not.

I give thanks for the amazing place I live, surrounded with the ruggedness and the beauty that my soul seems to yearn.

And most of all I give thanks for my loving wife for always believing in me, and for giving me focus and direction. Without her I would just be some old hermit living at the end of the road to nowhere.

Three was easy, but I'll stop here for now and leave some more for later.

Edited by Juthro, 10 September 2014 - 07:04 PM.

• MycoDani, TastyBeverage, PsyBearknot and 6 others like this

#13 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

1) life

2) love

3) to be able to function in one with the other...

Edited by AGAMA, 10 September 2014 - 06:40 PM.

• PsyBearknot, roscoe, TurkeyRanch and 4 others like this

#14 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

Im grateful for my husband. For over 13 years he has put up with me and never has stopped loving me. I'm sure it's not been easy.
I'm grateful for a roof over my head, cloths on my back, food on my plate and a comfortable place to sleep
I'm grateful for finding mycotopia. Nice to have people of like mindedness that I can talk to, help, and be helped by

And dogs

Thanks for this thread Bev! <hugs>. It made me stop and think only about good things. It took the all the bad away for moments in time.
  • TastyBeverage, roscoe, AGAMA and 5 others like this

#15 Fresh Brewed

Fresh Brewed

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

I am grateful my partner lets me be as weird and free spirited as I am, and loves me despite my many flaws.

I'll play...Very grateful to have a good job, grateful to have a VERY understanding girlfriend, grateful to have access to a very eclectic and interesting group of anonymous friends here at the Top, grateful for my daughter who is a cool kid, and VERY VERY grateful to have started work today on my 16x16 shop! It will be so good to have actual access to all my tools again!
  • PsyBearknot, roscoe, AGAMA and 3 others like this

#16 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

:hug:

• PsyBearknot and AGAMA like this

#17 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for this thread Bev! <hugs>. It made me stop and think only about good things. It took the all the bad away for moments in time.

:hug:

• PsyBearknot and Juthro like this

#18 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

Apologies to those who I cant give a like to at this time. I ran out. But I assure each and every one I have seen no posts that I have found unworthy of liking here.

I need to add that I am also grateful for the day I was randomly searching the net and stumbled across this place. It has enriched my life tremendously.

(And I'm with Bev, bring on the bacon)
  • TastyBeverage, PsyBearknot, roscoe and 4 others like this

#19 Cindysid

Cindysid

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

I am grateful for many things. For my health, my loving husband, my sweet pups and kitties, my beautiful birds, and the privilege of living in the little world that I have been blessed to create, and of course my wonderful Topia friends. You have no idea how much you bring to my life. I know that there are those here, many who have posted in this thread, who understand and appreciate me, and what could be better than that?
  • TastyBeverage, PsyBearknot, AGAMA and 2 others like this

#20 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:20 PM

Apologies to those who I cant give a like to at this time. I ran out. But I assure each and every one I have seen no posts that I have found unworthy of liking here.I need to add that I am also grateful for the day I was randomly searching the net and stumbled across this place. It has enriched my life tremendously.(And I'm with Bev, bring on the bacon)

With ya Juthro!
I have never ran outta likes before this post.
I'll catch up with them tomorrow!
  • AGAMA and Cindysid like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!