#402 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:31 PM

Today I'm thankful for a man who refunded $12 dollars back to me from some shipping charges on a kerosene stove I bought from him.

He could have kept the money, and I would have never known the difference, but he told me he thought the shipping charges were outrageous, and when it came out a few dollars less than the estimate, that at least I could buy myself some lunch with the $12 bucks.

So a big shout out to John for his honesty, and his humanity.  Thank you brother.

And if anybody needs an off grid cooking appliance that will run on kerosene, heating oil, lamp oil, low sulfur diesel, or jet A fuel, I suggest they go to St Paul Mercantile, the only current retailer of these kind of stoves in North America.   John's a great guy, and will treat you right.

• Skywatcher, Boebs, Wimzers and 2 others like this

#403 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,309 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:44 PM

I am grateful that I have enough, and a safe place to live.

I am grateful for the moments, one moment at a time.

I am grateful I am well enough to care for my partner, who rescued me, and now depends on me every day.

I am grateful I am not alone............................................................

• Juthro, Boebs, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#404 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 2,675 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 01:16 AM

Im thankful for where I am at. Stable, bills paid, quiet safe neighborhood. Thankful my sons are stable and doing well. I pray for my daughter, she strong, but going through a lot. Thankful she's the strong woman she is.
  • Skywatcher, Juthro and Moonless like this

#405 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2021 - 04:24 PM

Today I am thankful for the hackers that disabled Alaska's court computer system for the entire month of May....  It just happened that I was to serve jury duty for that month.   I never even had to fill out the pre trial screening.   Not a single case with a trial jury went before the court for the entire month.  But like magic, as of today it's back on line, and pre trial screening for Junes jury pool is underway.

Plus the bonus of not being forced into a court room with lawyers, and judges dramatically lowers the chances that I could end up with a contempt of court charge for some action, or statement on my part, either real, or imagined....

The only place I've ever been OK with having to work with lawyers was when I was digging graves for the cemetery....  You know lawyers aren't that bad..., down deep :)

I don't think that this played out well for peoples civil rights, with that whole right to a speedy trial, and the right to be judged by a jury of your peers thing, but for me personally, it worked out just fine.

• Skywatcher likes this

#406 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2021 - 07:25 PM

I always wondered what that jury duty would be like. Probably not so pleasant

The image that formed in my mind picturing Juthro going contempt of court

[Direct Link]

:biggrin:

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 31 May 2021 - 07:29 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#407 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2021 - 11:02 PM

I always wondered what that jury duty would be like. Probably not so pleasant

The image that formed in my mind picturing Juthro going contempt of court

:biggrin:

lol,  That would almost certainly get you approved for a 90 day vacation at the Wildwood pretrial facility, and resort.... :)

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#408 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:52 AM

Grateful I got to spend time with family and grateful they are finally out of my damn home!

Edited by rockyfungus, 01 June 2021 - 06:52 AM.

• Skywatcher, Juthro, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#409 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 863 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:58 AM

Grateful I got to spend time with family and grateful they are finally out of my damn home!

Ha! It's like camping. Can't wait to go, and then can't wait to get home to your own bed.
  • rockyfungus likes this

#410 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2021 - 11:47 AM

Can't wait to smell like a campfire and can't wait to wash that campfire off!

#411 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,420 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2021 - 11:53 AM

i understand how being judge  by a jury of your peers seems fair ,....................................but being judged buy 12   people without enough cognative brain power to get out of jury duty .................thats scary ................oh no

Edited by bezevo, 01 June 2021 - 11:56 AM.

#412 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:14 PM

i understand how being judge  by a jury of your peers seems fair ,....................................but being judged buy 12   people without enough cognative brain power to get out of jury duty .................thats scary ................oh no

When it's a choice of 12 brain dead bastards, or one elected politician (a.k.a. the judge) deciding my fate.....,   I'll take the 12 every time.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#413 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2022 - 03:11 PM

So today I'm thankful for our local hospitals accounting department.   I had 2 MRI's on my back a month or so ago, and I just got the bill.  After insurance my portion came to a little over $4300.  The hospital here will give you a 25% discount if you pay in full inside of 90 days, but they still report the full amount paid to the insurance company, so even though I get over $1k off my bill, I still get credit for the pre discount total towards my maximum out of pocket expenses for the year.   Considering I've still got a couple of surgeries coming up, this is a big savings for me.

I've got the coin in savings to cover it, but now if I pay it off with my gold card I can get cash back that automatically goes against our mortgage principal, and then pay the gold card off with the savings before any interest is incurred.

For the record it is totally my wife that figured this all out, I personally have horrible money management skills.  So I'm also so very thankful for her, and not just for her ability to pinch a penny.

I mean really, who else would put up with me :) :smoking-hookah:

Edited by Juthro, 24 March 2022 - 03:13 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#414 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2022 - 03:35 PM

Nice to hear some people getting a few wins in here and there eh Juthro.

Yesterday I found ten bucks laying in the grass on the walk home from picking up a six pack, whoo hoo half off my six pack made my Wednesday haha

I am thankful I don't live in a warzone. Thankful that work is busy again so stress about money and the future of a work career have faded. Thankful that I have rarely heard the word covid lately and even if it is temporary it has been a welcome sigh of relief from all the conflict and chaos that followed its arrival. Thankful that I have a home that makes me feel comfortable, thankful for friends and family, and thankful for the arrival of warmer weather. Life feels like it is almost back on track 

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#415 torn2bits

torn2bits

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 April 2022 - 09:30 AM

I'll leave the forum members name. But he was so awesome he sent me a dehydrator....years ago, but it helped me so much. Aswell as becoming a chit chat on the phone friend....I miss those times
  • Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#416 RiseUp

RiseUp

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 08:30 PM

Received an email from the college I attend stating an anonymous donation has been made to me. If all my expenses are paid I'd get that donation in full. I have not received it yet, but will in the next week.

I honestly don't know who would fork over their hard earned money to me. I'm not close (hermit) to anyone in this area that I would consider giving up their income to support me.

The bankruptcy is still in progress and so is college. Living in my car is in the future shortly, but I can do that because thousands have done the same and I've made connections to make it work. Will take time to readjust and learn the ropes that's all.

The donation is anonymous. I don't know the amount and really don't care. I'm grateful and bewildered someone actually decided to give me money. I don't understand. I'm not special. I'm average. So thank you anonymous person for going thru the trouble of donating money to me in order to continue my education which will hopefully lead to a simple life. Thank you. Thank you so very much.

I hope I learn who it was because I don't understand.

• Skywatcher, ElPirana, Moonless and 1 other like this

#417 pokemania

pokemania

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:42 PM

i am grateful for the stories i have to tell that hardly a soul would believe.

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!