6 replies to this topic

#1 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,415 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

This is the most current and easiest way to post nominations as of November 2017

It seems quite a few people still have trouble getting a full size image to post in the POTM nominations. It has gotten easier since this was originally written. Here is how:

It takes a few edits to get all the info in your nomination.

First, click on the picture you want to nominate, to bring it to full size. In the bottom right corner under the picture there will be 2 option boxes, select the one that says "save". This opens the picture in a new window. Now if you right click on this image, the drop down window will have several options. Select the "copy image", and then close all and go to the current POTM Contest. Start a new nomination post, where you can type your comments, the photographer's name, and if you like you can type a name for the picture.You will need to copy the thread link afterwards as step two, so you can type something like "found in the thread.......... and leave the location blank.

Now click to place the cursor where you want the picture you have already copied to be placed. and manually paste it there by pressing CTRL and V. You get the full sized copy pasted. This method just saves another step.

You will get this:

post-62591-0-07188600-1462841026.jpg

Select Post, and you have finished step one.

Next, go back to the thread where you found the picture. In the post where the picture appears, there is a small green icon at the far right of the top line where the members name appears, that looks like a V on its side. When you right click that, you can select "copy link address", and then return to your nomination post. Hit the edit button, and you can then paste that address in the position you left blank (found in the thread), by once again clicking the curser where you want it, and then hitting the CTRL and V keys. The address is now added. It will look like this:

https://mycotopia.ne...20#entry1273193

Be sure to save the changes and you are done......

post-133114-0-08951700-1411765572.jpg

Thanks to Larrytopsoil for the use of his image. (he does not know I used it yet)

I will try to add any other tutorials needed as we go. I hope you all participate regularly and enjoy this as much as I have.

(this was updated to the most current method on November 27, 2017 and is still applicable 9/24/19)

Edited by Skywatcher, 24 September 2019 - 08:25 AM.

• SilvrHairDevil, TurkeyRanch, Mrs.Hippie3 and 5 others like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,869 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

thank you sky and the rest of the topia crew.. gonna put a check by this thread and savor it :biggrin:

• wildedibles likes this

#3 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:29 AM

A beautiful flower for an example :) glad to see POTM back up :)

#4 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,724 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

Awesome!

Thanks Sky, I can't wait to see this in actoin again.. :hug:

Beautiful pic BTW :biggrin:

#5 larrytopsoil

larrytopsoil

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

Ah, now I know. haha.

Yeah man. That's totally fine with me.

• Skywatcher likes this

#6 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,415 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

#7 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,415 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

This is an alternate method that works for some people easier. 
Thanks to CatsandBats 

CatsAndBats

Captain Fruit Bat

• photo-thumb-147940.jpg?_r=1537979297
  • OG VIP
  • 4-AwardImgMaster-1451753285.png

•  

post-147940-0-17888200-1537985253.png

View the pic full size in a separate tab then copy the url and then insert it into the media button.

Edited by Skywatcher, 26 September 2018 - 06:36 PM.

Reply to this topic

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!