Paradox
©
Fisana

- - - - -

Is space the next step in man's evolution ?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#101 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

try telling HIM that.
:lol:

#102 maidenofiron

maidenofiron

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

the reason a redwood cant catch the common cold is because it is a specific viral infection that affects a specific part of an organism. the redwood does possess many things similar to us, something i never refuted. but it doesn't possess the specific cellular receptors that the virus affects.

when we talk of bacteria or viruses evolved on far away planets, we would have no idea what organisms they may be able to affect on earth. it doesn't even have to affect us directly to give us serious problems. bacteria may even enter our bodies and not do a dang thing to us. but regardless the possibility is there. its right there in the links I've given, coming from reputable sources.

#103 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:53 PM

yes, it is possible
which i've stated all along.
no one can say with 100% certainty that not one lifeform in the entire universe can infect us.
such a claim would be ridiculous and i never made it.
nevertheless my statements about probability are equally true
and nothing in the links you cited contradicts that.

#104 maidenofiron

maidenofiron

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

yea and it doesn't refute anything I've said so far.

If you do believe that ET will be 100% unlike us including a lack of bacteria in its body, meaning this ET didnt evolve from bacteria like we have, then yea "its germs will have to be able to attack us solely based on our chemical resources".

#105 maidenofiron

maidenofiron

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

well i wish you would just flow with the conversation then, instead of making sarcastic remarks about it being as probable as Jesus addressing the UN.

#106 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:10 PM

don't try to control me mang...
besides i made my point with flair,
i built a multi-million hit per month website
by posting just like i do
so i must be doing something right eh ?
;)

#107 Sunstar

Sunstar

Gazer of the innerself

• Expired Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:19 PM

Its true a redwood cant contract a virus from us , but as we all know they can contract different organisms from our environment that could harm them. Wood based diseases. Im not a biologist but i would think alien organisms arent indestructable either, but who knows some may be. For all we know the gas we produce from a big pot full of beans could affect them. Until we actually meet one and get the information on the subject at hand we will never know. But I am glad to see so many open minds that accept the fact we are not alone in the universe.
By the way does anyone know how the spacestation that we were building is coming along? At first the had it on the news everytime a spaceshuttle would go up, now you dont hear to much.

#108 Guest_Dipole_*

Guest_Dipole_*

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

Multi-Million website!!!

Hippie, are you selling shares in this killer enterprise? Please don't tell me to go f... myself.:laser:

#109 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

Make a donation, karma is one hell of a dividend. :meditate:

#110 Guest_Dipole_*

Guest_Dipole_*

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:37 PM

I am expecting a nice influx of money and plan to do just that. Is cash in a PO box good?

#111 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

hmm, i'd call that debateable
seeing as how not one has even achieved
orbit yet...
besides they aren't creating new technology
just using off-the-shelf components
developed by that bloated inefficient govt mentioned.

SpaceShipTwo is going to be delivering commercial space flights in as early as two years, no later than three years, depending on how long it takes to build the spaceport.

Our modern NASA, on the other hand, wastes billions of dollars on missions that fail most of the time.

#112 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:57 PM

Technology will be the next step in human evolution. The relative pace of biological evolution is too slow. Space will be a part of that technology if a miracle discovery in physics is made that will allow us to do more that just putt around in the solar system.

As for alien germs, work is already being done that will likely show that a chemical structure that does all the stuff of live will be demonstrated and it will operate in a different way than our DNA structured world. This will then show there are theoretically many ways that life can be organized. So if we ever run into ET, it will not be something remotely like us, the chemistry will be different, and its germs will have to be able to attack us solely based on our chemical resources and not on its ability to hijack our body's DNA/chemistry.

While I don't believe in it, I'm going to throw a long shot possibility out:

What if some of our DNA is already 'alien'? What if sources of our DNA were from outside of this planet? In such a scenario, that does open up the possibility.

#113 Guest_Dipole_*

Guest_Dipole_*

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:06 PM

That idea has been floated about. An earth full of primordial soup to noc up nice. If Hippie's Mars life is positive and the DNA is similar, if not the same one would have to say Wow. The answer of which came first should be answered too, Mars first then Earth, or the other way around. Somewhere else too?

If no Mars life then the proof will be a tough one.

#114 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

... Is cash in a PO box good?

good ?
it's GREAT!!
:bow:

#115 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:12 PM

...What if some of our DNA is already 'alien'? What if sources of our DNA were from outside of this planet? In such a scenario, that does open up the possibility.

as i hear it,
that very subject will be
the topic of jesus' speech to the UN.
:pirate:

#116 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

I can't wait
but i think buddha might object
lol

#117 cortez

cortez

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

I think by the time we have to leave this planet +50% of the human specie will allready live on another planet. I mean, a few decades and we're gonna build on Mars! If we're lucky a few decades and we'll land on venus and jupiter. If we're lucky aliens will find us and tell us about their technologie. The sky isn't the limite!!!

If we're not lucky aliens will find us and destroy us.....

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!