• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Soup

Soup

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

I've been meaning to read some Marcus Aurelius, ever since hearing him described in

glowing detail by Sharman Apt Russell in, 'Standing in the Light: My Life as a Pantheist'...

Thanks for the reminder.

#42 MConchis

MConchis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:56 PM

I'm a newbie to this forum and so....take my recommendations for what they are worth.  There is a book by Marie-Louise Von Franz called Shadow and Evil in Fairy Tales.  It is actually the transcription of the lectures that she gave to her students so it reads, well, like a College Lecture, so it's about as bone dry as humanly possible to imagine...BUT, if you can tolerate reading through the first 40 pages or so,it becomes fascinating. She was the protege of Junge.  She takes fairy tales from all over the world and she starts looking at them as expressions of the communal consciousness of the people that created them.  It's not only looking at each fairy tale but more looking at the same fairy tale told for hundreds of years by different cultures and the fairy tales are almost exactly identical with minor variations that have profound implications about the consciousness of the people propagating the thought.  Thanks for recommending the books that others have shared.   

• sedaeng likes this

#43 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:35 AM

If you are a man, and you are unafraid of discovering uncomfortable truths about how you have been molded by society in general and feminized masculinity in particular, then I implore you to read this book. It lays before you a blue pill and a red pill. But don't say I didn't warn you.

1475418800968-1405646475.jpg

"The Rational Male" by Rollo Tomassii.

This book WILL alter your mind and open your eyes.

#44 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,206 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:04 AM

Rollo Tomassii?  That's the guy who gets away with it!

#45 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:10 PM

Yes, I suppose he took his pseudonym from the movie "LA confidential". Or from the metal core band of the same name. Not sure.

#46 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:57 AM

Another interesting book. Got me a first edition hard cover copy of Paul Huson's "Mastering Witchcraft". This is not your average fluffy new age Wiccan book, this is a raw, no holds barred witchcraft book. It's available as a free PDF online but I got the hard to find original for four bucks at a used book store.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 17 November 2016 - 12:59 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!