• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:13 PM

I have a bottle of dxm tablets I am eager to pop. 300 mg worth only dxm no other chemicals. still really bad for liver adn kidneys? is the health risks worth the risk? I mean I researched it everywhere on www.erowid.org bt yeah Im curious as to what YOU think. :meditate: peace..

#2 LotRev

LotRev

Technopagan

• Expired Member
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:49 PM

You have REAL DXM? All I've got to say is I took some triple c's long ago, and I found out during that trip that I am one of the people that triple c's almost kills...literally. I'm not trying to get you down about it, I know many people who have done dxm many many times, but my experience was probably the worst drug experience I've ever had. I hallucinated that I was driving this truck when I was in the passenger seat and smacked straight into the dashboard...this was three days after taking the damn stuff. I was fall down drunk feeling (not in the good drunk way) for 2 days after it and couldn't do anything at all. I had the same driving hallucination a couple weeks later when in the same situation.

After the fact, I read about the extra chemicals in the triple c's...so I assume it was that, not the dxm itself. If you have the real deal in pills, I would try it, but take it first then add your other effects, to make sure you're ok with what the dxm is going to do to you.

I will try it again if I get my hands on some extracted pills. Just thought you should know my bad experience (and I hardly ever don't like a drug I've taken).

***Forgot to mention that the people I was taking it with were all fine by the time 6 in the morning came around...so it definitely was something with me and the chemicals in the triple c's....do a robotrip instead if you have to go to buy the stuff.
***My general opinion is that if the drug is legal, or that easy to get a hold of, it's probably not that great.

#3 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:09 PM

Thats because the gov't doesnt expect people to be dumb and fuck themselves up that much.. but we do. lol :drk: I have robo pills its cough only dxm 15 mg pills and 20 capsules ..

#4 b0b

b0b

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:17 PM

You should be fine if the only active ingredient is dextromethorphan. I'm guessing you have those robitussin cough gels? DXM itself isn't that bad for your kidneys, I think the ingredients in syrups are what are so hard on your insides.
My personal opinion is that DXM isn't all that bad, but definately not on my list of favorite ways to spend an afternoon. You will not really know if you like dxm until you have tried it. Make sure you're not taking any medication that contains MAOI's or SSRI's and have a safe time.

#5 LethalTr1p

LethalTr1p

Market Restricted

• Expired Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

I have done straight DXM twice, once in a syrup, once in the larger pills.

Its been a long time since i've read about dxm, but there is some 10% of people that react strongly. i am one of those. After drinking one bottle of robo, (my safe startoff dose), i went to sleep. I woke up an hour later and felt nothing. Until I stood up. At that point I felt drunker than I had ever been. I was living at my moms house at the time and had to figure that situation out quick. Well, It didn't happen. I felt superdrunk for about 4 days. couldn't work for 2, but then got used to it. The next time i did the pills, i tooks a smaller dose, but went threw the same thing. my gf woke up sober and refreshed, I woke up and said "well, guess it is just me, i'm still trashed". no visuals or anything else, just that disconnected feeling. to you, its different than drunk, but anyone that saw you wouldn't make a second guess unless they were confused to the absence of the booze smell. lol. its one of those: take a step and not feel or realize that you did it til 3 seconds have gone by. everything is REALLY slow motion. I'm surpised i never got smacked by a car trying to cross a street.

anyhow, sorry for going on so much, but my advice, dont go too big on your first dose (til your sure your body isn't like mine), and as mentioned dont do tripple c. every time i mention dxm to someone local they always say tripple c. i'm like what, you trying to kill yourself here?

#6 Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:08 PM

My husband took 1/2 of a 4oz bottle approx at 6:30 and grew impatient and decided to take the remaining 1/2 twenty minutes later. He then took a shower, came downstairs and felt terrible. Nausea, woozy, very hot and sticky and just like he OD. His first thought was,"well this is going to miserable so I am going to sleep it off". He went to sleep and woke up and was "tripping" but nothing like shrooms or acid. He was still thinking correctly but had difficulty conveying it. Thus I heard many "I am fucked uuuuppp" over the next few hours. When his eyes were closed he could imagine and "do" anything. He flew over the golden gate bridge :meditate: and went rock climbing w/o any equiptment. He had the infamous robo walk and did not think it was all that cool. He said that he attempted several times to come downstairs to get me but was unsuccessful and retreated back to bed.:eusa_pray He said that he felt safe in the bed and as long as his eyes were closed he felt ok.
It is very difficult to say how it will affect you and what you will think of DXM. My advice is to have a sitter and setting is EXTREMELY important.Sign... CoyoteMesc'S Wife

#7 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:10 PM

I tryed coriciden cough adn cold once. w/o the acetominophen, but had 2 other chemicals yeah i know thast horrible for your liver i took one and a half pack like 19 pills. i felt really really sick nausus drunk ran outside and vomited.. and i was seeing double thast about it.. i went to sleep because like 4-5 hours after taking the pills i felt nothing until i took the nap and woke up. o hallucinations. fuck babysitters. literally ;) :hippie:

#8 Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:13 PM

fuck babysitters. literally

I do but not on dmx, thats 4 sure...

#9 littlejohnnybiggums

littlejohnnybiggums

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:26 PM

300 mg should be a decent trip. You will be peaking at 2 maybe 3rd platoe.. Depending on your weight.

500-600 mg had me on the ground non responsive for 3-4 hours.

One of the more profound trips that I have had, Yet i woke up without much of a recollection. I just felt like i had brain failure or something. Dxm is one of the hardest drugs (trip wise) ive done. If you like a good mind fuck, throw dex in your mix. Otherwise i suggest you stay away from it. My 2 cents.

#10 duncan

duncan

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:07 PM

similar thing here diferent med. I have found that taking 3 sleeping pills that one can get at the dollar store can really fu*k one up. I did it last summer and tried to get up and walk and my legs were like what the hell are ou trying to do.LOL I almost had to crawl back to bed. couldnt stand for long very dizzy like feeling and other things.

Just wanted to throw that crazy story in here. I had a buddy end up in the hospital from an od to cough syrup not 1 but 2 times in 6 weeks well it seems he was trying to leave this world permantly. He is only 15. Ouch.

#11 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:04 AM

Must we believe death is only the beginning? If it wasnt for a faint belief in a hypocritical religon, I'd be long gone at 10 lol. but like everyone else says, no one cares about my life storys :-P ehh i just get bored and thought i'd entertain people w/ a messed up story once in awhile. heh. Ill go back to blogging..

#12 littlejohnnybiggums

littlejohnnybiggums

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:04 AM

I had a near death experience at All Good late friday night. Death is definatly not the end, but it sure does scare the living shit out of me. I have never tripped so hard in my life. I took one hit of liquid 'white fluff' and an eight of some very powerful shrooms. I was on the ground crawling around freaking out thinking that I was dying. Later on i spilled water all over my self and I thought i was bleeding out of my nose and out of my skin ( it was really dark, i couldnt see if it was blood or water )

Anyway, that experience was very intense, i felt very close to death, and tried my best not to stare into its eyes.

After coming down from this experiences, i proceeded to consume more lsd and mushrooms and not reaching the same level of unexplanable events.

With mushrooms and acid, there is a very low change that you will od.. at least i was able to meditate my self back into my body and attempt to ground.. with stuff like DXM, you really dunno. Especially if you're popin tripple c's. The other drugs in there at such high doses become dangerous. Everytime you take CCC you are rolling the dice on your life. Perhaps that is what makes it so exciting. You trip so hard, you're so near death that your experience becomes just that more profound. I believe during my NDE at all good i got a taste of endogenous DMT because it was during this 'freak out' that i started to trip even harder and harder and as soon as my friend tried to calm me down, i attempted to meditate my self back to my body and the experience seemed to calm it self down.

Anyway, thats my 3 o clock rant =)

Whatever your choice is, be safe on your travels.

One love

#13 farmermoo

farmermoo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

I recently started looking in to this. I am still unsure if I want to or not but here are some helpful links I found while researching.

(only in kilos but you can figure it out :) )
http://www.drogen-forum.de/dxm_calc/

http://www.dextroverse.org/ <--pretty much all the info you need.

Drop us a line if you do it and how it goes. Some people say it is the most insightful drug they have ever been on.

I am not sure I want to take the jump to synthetics. I know LSD is (which i've never done) but shrooms and marijuana are straight from nature which is more appealing to me.

#14 Stenciler

Stenciler

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 03:09 PM

300 mg worth only dxm no other chemicals.

It's REALLY hard to find straight DXM, as there would generally only be one use for large quantities od pure. Even if the only "active" ingredient is DXM, the "inactives" may become active in higher doses. Hence the caution label saying to contact a poison center if more than the regular dose is taken. Watch out for guafanessin, and acetomenophen. Those will damage your liver and brain. The propylene glycol is generally what makes you puke, which is why syrup is tougher than pills. Also, space the pills out a little bit and you'll be less likely to get that drunken puking feeling. I usally snack on a small pack of crackers (the salt helps, when you get the DX sweats) between every 3-4 pills.

IME, DXM was absolutely mind-boggling the first time. Fun the second time. and it went downhill from there. I'd say do it for the experience, but not necessarily for the trip. Ketamine beats DXM any day.

#15 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,259 posts

Donator

Posted 19 July 2006 - 03:40 PM

I have a bottle of dxm tablets I am eager to pop. 300 mg worth only dxm no other chemicals. still really bad for liver adn kidneys? is the health risks worth the risk? I mean I researched it everywhere on www.erowid.org bt yeah Im curious as to what YOU think. :meditate: peace..

Back in the Drixoral Cough Liquid Caps days of my youth, I tried turning on quite a few females to DXM. All of them ended up spending the evening hugging the toilet. Only one of them said it was enjoyable, and even she never took me up on my offer to do it again. I don't know if it is body weight, metabolism, or just pure luck, but it has been my experience that females don't do so well on DXM. Hopefully, your experience will be different.

I would seriously suggest, however, that since you appear to be unfamiliar with the effects of DXM, you first start out with 150MG. For a first time, 150MG feels like you are walking on Mars. You will still get plenty fucked up (and yes, I think the only way to describe the DXM high is "fucked up"), but not as much and any undesireable effects will be lessened. After that, if you STILL want to do it again, then I suggest you go back to the store and get another pack. But there's really no need to start off at 300MG. I think you will just be setting yourself up for nausea and discomfort.

#16 SquaresandCubes

SquaresandCubes

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:21 PM

For those looking to find a good source of straight dxm do an extraction. Granted most extractions are not that fast/practical or easy. But one is.

Sucrets not all of them have dex in them but find the highest content ones you can find and put them in a bowl of water and microwave. Slowly dissolve them and make sure the water is very hot. Take out every few minutes to stir and you will end up with pink water that has a non watersoluble substance in the bottom of the microwave safe dish. Try to filter out the best way possible(usually coffee filter). Put in a capsule and enjoy....if possible.

I don't condone the use of dxm but for those who are going to try to get fucked off on cough syrup this is a safer method.

Ive tried this method before with alot of luck and tried it another time and ended up with no product so it one wants to do an extraction there are better ways of obtaining this final product.

Try to refrain from drinking cough syrup and just wait until someone has crystals if possible.

#17 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,259 posts

Donator

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:53 PM

I would seriously suggest, however, that since you appear to be unfamiliar with the effects of DXM, you first start out with 150MG. For a first time, 150MG feels like you are walking on Mars. You will still get plenty fucked up (and yes, I think the only way to describe the DXM high is "fucked up"), but not as much and any undesireable effects will be lessened.

Oops! My mistake! I actually meant 300mg, which is the amount that you said you had. It's been so long, I forgot that each of those Drixoral Cough Liquid Caps were 30mg, so a box of 10 was 300mg. That was a great starting dose (for me). I have heard of people taking only 5. You could always take 5, and then take another 5 a little later. Be sure to smoke some weed on it, as that greatly enhances the effect.

My preferred dosage is 750-900mg. :eusa_droo

#18 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:39 AM

Im actually very scared to try LSD and DXM and other dissociatives now... because ot "frys your brain like an egg." http://www.erowid.or...alth1.shtml#iii
:dead:

Im a smart person, I learn very easily and quickly, I used to have a super incredible memory.. (i think because of my heavy year use of pot smoking and my adhd make it virtually impossible to remember a phone number 5 minutes after being told, or driving directions as soon as its said, its lost. lol :gah:
Im sure the 1st dramamine and 2 prior dxm attempts and my 1st trip of shrooms added to this consequence. I bet I have already administered a nice dose of brain damage to myself within the past 2 years.. ecessive drinking ( at least 5 black out- pass outs in 04 - 05, package of coriciden C & C, a whole package of dramamine, cant forget that package of those gay cough strips GROSS! and vicks day quill (i only accumilated 3k of acetominophen.) (YES I KNOW, VERY BAD... But i was suicidal at the time so I didnt care...)

#19 b0b

b0b

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:57 AM

Im actually very scared to try LSD and DXM and other dissociatives now... because ot "frys your brain like an egg." http://www.erowid.or...alth1.shtml#iii
:dead:

Im a smart person, I learn very easily and quickly, I used to have a super incredible memory.. (i think because of my heavy year use of pot smoking and my adhd make it virtually impossible to remember a phone number 5 minutes after being told, or driving directions as soon as its said, its lost. lol :gah:
Im sure the 1st dramamine and 2 prior dxm attempts and my 1st trip of shrooms added to this consequence. I bet I have already administered a nice dose of brain damage to myself within the past 2 years.. ecessive drinking ( at least 5 black out- pass outs in 04 - 05, package of coriciden C & C, a whole package of dramamine, cant forget that package of those gay cough strips GROSS! and vicks day quill (i only accumilated 3k of acetominophen.) (YES I KNOW, VERY BAD... But i was suicidal at the time so I didnt care...)

LSD isn't a dissociative.
Why do people look at "This is Your Brain on Dissociatives" and never read the other articles?
http://www.erowid.or...m_health2.shtml
http://www.erowid.or...m_health3.shtml
If you're scared about any health problems you may be causing yourself, stop taking drugs. I would recommend you do not recreationally use DXM for any reason, but Olney's Lesions in humans are far from proven.
And a few years of drinking and smoking pot is hardly enough to cause very severe brain damage.

#20 Stenciler

Stenciler

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:08 PM

Yeah, I'd say LSD is just about harmless. You take such a small does, and it's got so little of anything else in it. "Brain frying" seems suspiciously related to the early 90's anti-drug ads. I'd warrant drinking is the worst for you because of the amount you ingest to get to the black out stage. And a "hangover" is obviously your body telling you something got hurt last night.

Of course any drug taken *excessively* will cause damage. Know your limits, and practice willpower. :meditate:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!