• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:17 PM

pure dxm isnt THAT bad for you, not somehting you want to be doing every day but pretty 'clean' for OTC drugs (sure beats huffing paint). the stuff that fucks u up is stupid peiple downing a box of pills with other active ingrediants in them and getting a 5 gram overdose of asprin as well as the dxm. CHECK THE LABEL. the plain old robotussin is just stright dxm, DO NOT get the stuff with glucussomine(i know i totally raped the spelling there lol) which is an expectorant and will have you coughing out ur lungs at those high doses.

#22 kija.

kija.

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

Start low and the first experience will be amazingly beautiful.
Everytime you dose you will lose a little magic. Wait at leat 2 weeks in between if you want to keep the magic as long as possible.
MJ,blindfold, and music is a must for DXM,thats how you travel the universe and see the unseen.
Not much OEV except dizzy drunkeness double vision and the robowalk wich isnt fun(except maybe the first couple times)And you will look like the walking dead.

Lie in bed with music and wait for it then youl know when to start traveling,ussually about 1 1/2-2 hour mark, then blindfold and traveling music. Nice ambient or shaman drumming anything without constant singing. Dont waist the first time walking around trying to see shit,it wont happen.BE SAFE and HAVE FUN

Peace and love,Kija.

#23 synth

synth

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:18 PM

if you still have them lying around, take the 300mg.
that's not a very strong dose.
you'll probably enjoy it.

i've done dxm a few times [dxm that i extracted from syrups].
i notice no lasting negative effects.

stop being pussies, y'all.

[just kidding. drugs affect different people differently.
also, most dxm users don't do pure dxm.
in addition, even though the only
active ingredient in those pills you have is dxm, the non-active
fillers may make you sick if you have to take like 20 of them.
etc, etc, etc.]

#24 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:14 PM

you have to watch out your first time trying dxm, a small number of people lack an enzyme or something which breaks it down in your body, thats what results in people having multiple day experiences with it.

the 'dxm faq' is very good for anyone interested in it, and covers just about everything.

Erowid's copy of dxm faq

#25 kyo

kyo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:12 PM

I've dosed those Cough-Gels myself a few times, and they aren't all that bad. There's no guafenesin or acetaminophen in the gels, so you don't need to be overly cautious about overdose. I'd recommend, if you've never dosed DXM before, to take maybe 15-18 of the 20 pills and see how you react. 300 mg is, IMHO, a bit high for a first-time trial dose. Walking and other motor functions become pretty tough, and the first time I did dextro I couldn't walk for about 8 hours after the come-down. You should be okay, but drugs affect different people differently, and you never know how your body will react. I'd say dose somewhere around 200-270 mg first and see how it feels. I know people who hate DXM and people who love it, so I'd say try a smaller dose and find out for yourself. Cough Gels are pretty clean in terms of content(wax and some digestive agents for drug-duration are about the only adulterants). Good luck, whatever you decide to do...

#26 Russo

Russo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:18 PM

dxm is a great first trip drug! me and my buddy did it in massive amounts this past summer, and we loved it. It was fun and comfortable at the same time. we took it in the form of triple c's we are both fine in health! we still talke it every now and then but we have built up a tolerance to it. GIVE IT A TRY BRO! not to much your first time though i'd say about 180mg and work your way up. but it takes like two hours to kick in with me and mostly everyone else . so dont push it to much to soone anyway it's also worth mentioning that a small group of people has an emzye in their body that breaks dxm down alot slower than other peoples livers do so if you find that it's lasting longer than expected dont freak ; ) peace man
russo

#27 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:26 PM

nice to hear that people other than my buddy an i trip off robo gels. i personally love the dex trip. very interesting trip, unlike any drug i've ever taken. Dextromorphan is a distant relative to the opiate family and there are times when it feels like an opiate, plus CEV's of unimaginable size and scope (trust me, when you lay on your bed and then feel as though your floating just above the ground and then slowly my room expands to the size of a monster stadium impossible to construct with our methods...dex is just dex, thats all you gotta say).

i used to dose heavily last year (boredom). most i ever took was 60 robo gels (very heavy on the belly). after i puke up some of it and my head begins buzzing (about an hour and a half after ingestion) the trip starts and from there time and space are gone, and even you feel out of you body.

60 pills at 15mg each is 900mg. i liked it very much. 1100mg was the highest i ever did, and i wasnt prepared... now i've given up on gels and syrup (just plain disgusting). next time i trip on dex will be on pure extracted dex. if i make some, i definately will distribute, since its just one of those wonderous drugs.

#28 StroFun

StroFun

Master Baiter

• Expired Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

http://www.dextrover...xtractions.html

I have 4 bottles waiting to be extracted. The agent lemon seems to be simple enough. Since i'm poor and the ingredients are cheap it will be a good trade tool for the better dugs like mj and well, more mj.
Post up how you like it. I haven't tried it but i will definitely try a small bit before i give it to anyone else.:teeth:

#29 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:11 PM

lemme know how it goes, i thought it pretty easy enuf...btw Strofun your avatar is great.

#30 Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:40 PM

DXM is insane. 150mg and I'm walking on Mars. 250mg and I'm walking on the Moon. 350mg and I'm floating in space (I'm lying on the ground but it feels like I'm flying). Above that things get weirder and weirder . . . be careful. It might not be as physically damaging as some say but it can fuck you up severely on the psychological level.

#31 shadowechos

shadowechos

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:17 AM

can be found here:

http://www.third-pla...q/dxm_faq.shtml

Also taking a lot of pills may have a laxative effect.

Even a syrup without added "sh*t" can cause "robo-itch".

Also the DXM syrups and powder still contain Bromide or Bromine which i belive, can eventually, if a lot is used regularly.... accumulate to a toxic point....this seems to be one of the reasons for doing an extraction.

All authorities agree that using corocidine, dramamine, benedryl, and antihistimines, in larger than recommended doses to obtain a similar effect to DXM only syrups are particularly dangerous to physical health

So it's wise to read up on the "DXM FAQ" before experimenting...this document is available from other sites as well. Technically the drug is a "disassociative anesthetic" & seems to act on more receptor sites than most drugs...for some people it makes music "devine", and some do not get this effect. In any case the "heavy body load" is obviously a factor with this drug, and as mentioned above some folks have a negative reaction due to certain enzymes...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!