59 replies to this topic

#21 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:38 AM

they will be fruited in the bags

So no need for a terrarium really, hmmm. how do you go about keeping up the humity?. This is really getting interesting now :P

Oh btw, i thought you might be interested in seeling my current grow (nothing at all fascinating, PFtek Puerto ricans in incubation). but i hope its still kind of interesting to read about people using the basics.
http://mycotopia.net...0956#post280956

In there i mention different poo Ive been offered for free. Kangaroo, Emu, Water Buffalo, Donkey, duck, sheep, deer, and many i dont recall (live near a city based farm maintained for city folk :P) Its almost like a mini zoo,).
What would be your thoughts on different poo's sandman? anyone?
Hip if you're reading this I read you're selling some donkey poo, hows that go (if youve used it allready of course)?

Thanks guys,

Fingers

#22 Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

Easy

#23 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,668 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:15 AM

the humidity will maintain itself. The idea here is along the lines of the dub tubs - the real OG's dont ever even fan, mist, water or otherwise do anything but make them and harvest them. I read that some fan the dub tubs and stuff, but ive seen plenty that dont with great results. This is just another take on the "Simple, lazy invitro bag method"x"dub-tubs" hybrid that ive been working on.

#24 OZ

OZ

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:03 PM

the real OG's dont ever even fan

you tryin to say something, potna?

#25 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,668 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:21 PM

yea

#26 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

Note to self:

Search function 'dub tubs'. teks that dont require humidifying is rather interesting. Ive been having one hell of a time trying to find a humidifier. Ive been told i can simply mist myself 4 times a day, but i for one dont really like the idea.
Say you get caught up and miss your schedule? you go insane trying to race home in time to get in 'at least one mist' or some other neglectful effort like that? dont like it...at all.

Coming onto my 3rd day without sleep, if my posts dont make sense, my apologies.
Second note to self: dont post when your deathly tired or stressed...you 'could potentially' go into chat and be a total asshole to people. (sorry for that little nasty display btw sand, i'll make an effor to stay out of chat when Ive had a borderline 'suicide inspiring day'.

Take care mate

Fingers

#27 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,668 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:18 PM

Pretty disapointing really...There only this much colonized after 3 days :cry: :eusa_wall

Looks like its going to not work...

Attached Thumbnails

• Party 156.jpg

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:26 PM

Hip if you're reading this I read you're selling some donkey poo, hows that go...

see = http://mycotopia.net...ead.php?t=11971

here's a sample of my donkey poo from that thread=

http://mycotopia.net...50&d=1152671274

#29 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,668 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

no comment on the subject at hand hip?

#30 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:26 AM

see = http://mycotopia.net...ead.php?t=11971

here's a sample of my donkey poo from that thread=

http://mycotopia.net...50&d=1152671274

Im wondering if the problem might be the substrate being too heavy in sands grow?
Based on my limited understanding of mycology, a thicker substrate will slow but not nessisarily stop colonisation. (is this correct hip?)

I dont know, i'm hoping within a week you're posting pics of beutiful colonisation Sand. I got my fingers and toes crossed for you dude.

I dont mean to hyjack your thread sand, sorry if asking a question or two in here would constitute a hijacking. I'm hoping Hip can find the time to enlighten the both of us (hint hint Hipsta? :P)

About the donkey poo, have you found donkey poo to bare any difference in results then horse poo? Id think theyd be very much alike.
I'm heading down to the local farm today to grab some various poo's.
Actually, I'll stop through a store and grab some batteries.
Might make the post a little more interesting. :P

Anyway, off. Time to play with the animals :)

Fingers

P.S good luck Sand, i really got a feeling your grow will turn out fine (dont ask em why). I think its just gonna take a little longer then usual.
This might well be totally unrelated, but ive found the more lossly packed cakes I have on the go ATM colonise faster then the tightly packed ones.
And i think i recall someone saying straw and vermic create 'pathways' for myc to colonise faster. May be relevant, may not, only time will tell I guess sand.

Good luck!

Fingers

#31 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,668 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:52 AM

I dont know, i'm hoping within a week you're posting pics of beutiful colonisation Sand. I got my fingers and toes crossed for you dude.

maybe with flash you can see better.

Attached Thumbnails

• Party 155.jpg

#32 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

Honestly,

Im kind of having trouble distinguishing between whats myc, glare of the flash,and condensation inside the bag.
I can definately make out colonisation, but how much I'm unsure of. I think the real test will be when they go onto the FC. Adequate lighting is always gonna make life hard when you're trying to take good pics.

Anyway,like i said mate,fingers and toes,

Good luck! (and keep us informed dude,:) )

Fingers

#33 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:58 AM

no comment on the subject at hand hip?

it's only been 3-4 days
patience

#34 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,668 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:48 AM

they are about 90% colonized at the least

#35 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,696 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:10 PM

so you were being sarcastic??? looks good to me.

fahtster

#36 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,668 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:19 PM

yes i was being a wise ass .... Day 4 @ 92% [Post edited by golly for improper remarks..]

Attached Thumbnails

• Party 157.jpg

#37 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:35 PM

Be nice Sandman , Fingers was just trying to help...

#38 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,668 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:49 PM

fingers is my main man.

#39 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

10-4....Looks like thats going to turn out well SM...cant wait to see em birthed...

#40 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image
If you take another look, the image on the right is the one in the post I was responding too. Maybe its my noobness comming into play, but this image really looks unclear to me. Differentiating the glare, from myc, to condensation/humidity in the bag isn't they easiest thing to do, but again, maybe thats just me.
You know, the fact that every word i said was sincere, and you respond in a manner that is deemed nessisary of editing, is pretty disappointing. To top if off you use a image thats totally different to punctuate your point.
Thanks buddy, appreciated. Needless to say I wont be responding you any of your posts mate.
Congratulations on a successful grow
P.S yes i realise an earlier post included the image on the left. I guess I must have just taken your words on face value rather then study your image. Not to mention how new at this i am.
Targeting noobs for belittlement, a little bout of uglinees i'd yet to see at topia.
Then again, no community is perfect
Fingers

Attached Thumbnails

• glaremp0.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!