#61 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,461 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

I agree. Along with Clorox I have to say myc is pretty tough. 

It might also be that usual contams are just not tough when it comes to a few select anti-bacterial fungicides.

I wonder how they would handle dishwashing detergent, the anti everything kind.

They like it alkaline, ...

Good job by the way, 

Nice write up.

#62 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

OK. First flush officially complete. The cakes were washed using dawn dishwashing liquid. Then a rinse with hydrogen peroxide. Then into the tub of cold water for twelve hours of soaking. Hoping for a big second flush....but the first one was not too bad. I should have a potency report soon...

#63 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

My friends cat decided to test some of these fruits....about 3.5 grams dried product ground in a coffee grinder and steeped in a bottle of spring water... The cat reports euphoria colors and nice buzzyness at this level. No oobe's or psychidelics but very nice. I would have to say success based on what the cat told me. But that was a dream I had anyway...
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#64 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,461 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

That's a bit, at least for me.

I am fine with giving my large cat 1.5 to 2, and the smaller female 1 to 1.5.

They weigh 240 and 120 respectively.

Don't really need to give them more than that for good melting of the wood grains, and a long stare at ?

Wouldn't want a cat-ass-trophy!!

Totally didn't expect quinoa to be more expensive than gold.  Holy criminis!!

Edited by happy4nic8r, 01 February 2015 - 02:39 PM.

#65 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

You have to buy quinoa at a big box store to get a decent price. Don't go for the red stuff... That is more expensive than gold!

As for potency my friends cat tends to need a bit more... He's 225. And with gt which is a b+ derivative that amount seems normal. One day perhaps that rascally cat will try some cyanescens... Hehe...

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 01 February 2015 - 07:44 PM.

• happy4nic8r likes this

#66 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

You guys shouldn't give cats drugs, it's not nice.

Cat on what I assume is a criminally high dose of LSD. Feeling pretty bad for the cat. . .

[Direct Link]

And FYI, using the term "swim" (the acronym meaning Someone Who Is not Me) or "my pet giraffe" does nothing to protect you from a legal standpoint. It doesn't protect you at all, and we all (including law enforcement) know that you mean "you".

Edited by TurkeyRanch, 01 February 2015 - 11:23 PM.

• MycoDani and kcmoxtractor like this

#67 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,962 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

I like all of this talk of cats dosing! It wasn't me though. 

Plus I get all you deadheads mixed up with your avatars, looking at you coors, TR, & wharf..

Steam, I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

Edited by catattack, 02 February 2015 - 01:02 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#68 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

Ah Turkey.... Its not so much what you (and by you I mean the fuzz) know... Its what you can prove. But I get your drift... :)

Cat... Glad you liked the thread... I have enjoyed all the mad scientist threads here! Quite educational.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 03 February 2015 - 07:21 PM.

• CatsAndBats and happy4nic8r like this

#69 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,461 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

I thought swim was "someone I met".

I'll have to look that up in the cationary.

Yeah Steampunk, start another one......

#70 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

Okay kids... The cakes are spent but still alive. The yeild "good" but not great, however quality was...heh heh... Goooooood....very goood.

Anyway its time to spawn the cakes to bulk. After getting several nice prints we need to go to phase 2. Because of the success of using peroxide the plan is to continue that practice.

Here is the evil plan....bwa ha ha ha!

Ahem.... 50/50 coir and black kow poo. 1 tbsp lime. Get it to field moisture and bag it up. Put in pot in oven at 170 for 2 hrs. Let bags (plastic gallon zip locks) cool to 80 degrees. Breakup cakes and mix in substrate. Dump in chamber case with verm. Tape all holes and black bag the whole thing for 10 days. Take off bag, open holes, fan and mist with 30% water plus h2o2 every day.

Done.

Let me know what you all think!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 14 March 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#71 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

Okay today is day nine and the giant tub is filling with myc... Had to sneak a peek under low light conditions. Looks like a few more days before fruiting can commence.
  • Mycomaniac2007 likes this

#72 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

Crap... Looks like everything may have gone to crap and molded. Dug into the dirt and do not see any real myc. Oh well. I guess doing a huge tub like this may not have been a good idea. Back to the drawing board.

#73 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• Expired Member
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:06 PM

Nice writeup.  Your cat is very lucky  :)

I tried dunking so ... so ... so many times based on what I read here, and it always - every time - ended with me getting the green.  Every single time. 

Lots of peeps use it and all , but it never works for me - go figure. 

Load up a tub and not look at it for TEN DAYS?  Impossible ... for me, at least ...

try and try again!

• Mycomaniac2007 likes this

#74 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

You got it Sol... Never give up and always learn from the mistakes. As for dunking, try what I did here (but forgo the dawn dishwashing liquid. I think that is too harsh and may bleed into the cake.) After cleaning the cake spritz with h2o2 before and after the dunk. Then roll in verm. Then put a little h2o2 in your misting bottle. Worked for me.
  • happy4nic8r likes this

#75 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 753 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

Have you been to this site? Dr. Rush Wayne is THE H2O2 guy and he has a new volume for his book dealing with Non-Sterile Cultivation. Great write up thanks for posting. At the end of all the quinoa trials what is your opinion so far as having a positive impact upon potency? Thanks and regards mjroom.

http://www.mycomasters.com/

#76 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,962 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

Have you been to this site? Dr. Rush Wayne is THE H2O2 guy and he has a new volume for his book dealing with Non-Sterile Cultivation. Great write up thanks for posting. At the end of all the quinoa trials what is your opinion so far as having a positive impact upon potency? Thanks and regards mjroom.

http://www.mycomasters.com/

I'm not convinced. His credentials are shady to say the least, and I do not believe them at all.  I was only able to find info on him on sites that "he" created. Universities are the easiest way to find info on somebody especially if they have a phd or doctorate. I couldn't even find this dude on facebook.

Either way, if you give me a stack of newspapers and some oyster spawn, I can indeed grow oysters, however cubensis mycelium is by no means as aggressive as oyster, lion's mane, etc.

catattack devotees and detractors alike,  know that I'm all for innovative teks and breaking tradition (see early book grows etc), but the over simplistic writings on that page are laughable. One would be wise not to follow anything written there or especially send money. IMHO

Edited by catattack, 30 May 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#77 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 753 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

I was going to get his third edition. Rush seems a nice guy he was not looking for money from me when I asked questions. I don't have the knowledge to know if what he writes is right or wrong so I will have to take you word on it. I wrote to Rush asking for information and any peer reviewed papers on his work. I will get back with any feedback. Regards mjroom.

#78 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,385 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

Been hearing about Rush and peroxide for well over 25 years but never seen a single post from the mushroom sites where someone successfully repeated his work.

Edited by hyphaenation, 30 May 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#79 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 753 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

Thanks Hyphaenation: that explains a lot. Regards mjroom.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!