Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

HotHotHotHotHot

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

I don't know man. . . Lol. I don't think any amount of water, milk, or bread would touch that fire. You can eat one if you let me watch what happens and laugh a bit.

I eat raw peppers, and this is a whole new thing. When I am in Belize, a common breakfast or lunch for me is 2-3 raw red habaneros, an avocado or two, and some tortilla with ceviche. I am in awe of how potent these bhuts are!

This is precisely why I wouldn't ever attempt munching on these super-hot peppers without a supportive, in-person audience nearby. It'd be fun, though, I think! I'll just stick to my mild hotsauce and mild peppers for now.

I have seen a few Youtube videos and Vimeo videos of some people, HARD-looking people chugging super-hot sauce and munching on whole super-potent-volcano-hot peppers... Doesn't look fun! They mainly do it alone, though. If I were in the company of good friends doing the same thing, though, I like to think that I'd join in!

• TurkeyRanch likes this

#42 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

^^^
I agree, a trip sitter or supportive group is the only way that is happening. . .

In the words of every other woman on earth-- "I told you not to put that in your mouth."

You're a junky, man. You need a 12 step.

She says this, but she knows I have cut back. I am eating way less hot stuff, as my guts finally started protesting after all the years of abuse. These bhuts are so hot I don't know what we can do with them aside from make seed. Cooking with them or making sauces seems a bit insane.
  • niemandgeist likes this

#43 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

That kind of heat scares me!   :eek:  A lot of the pepper-eating videos, the victim hams it up and it doesn't look real (though I know it is). I kind of like this one, though it gets a bit disgusting toward the end. You can tell that these guys are pros.

[Direct Link]

I would NOT like to be those guys the next day. Been there, my kids still laugh about the screams of agony coming from the bathroom.

Many years ago, my now-ex ate a little ornamental pepper of some kind that we had growing on the windowsill. I know it was nowhere near this hot but she turned bright red and said she was tripping it was so hot.

I do like hot foods, pretty damn hot, but nothing like some people do.

• TastyBeverage, TurkeyRanch, Juthro and 1 other like this

#44 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

Bugs,

I couldn't watch that all the way through. I got only so much into it before the suffering became too much for me. Almost immediately, however, the bald gentleman on the right, well, his skin, his face, his entire head, turned noticeably redder nearly immediately after ingesting that pepper! WOAH!

#45 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

That video is great! Poor bastards. I watched it to the end. We are growing some of those peers next year, and I don't think I will be eating any.

#46 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

When i was in thailand last winter, i was having a meal with some new thai friends. The dish i had ordered had both long beans and a type of green chili that was the same basic size and shape as the cuts of bean... see where this is going? Even after i bit into the chili, it took a few chews before the logic center of my brain caught up to the fact that the left side of my face had gone completely numb and my left eye was seeing sparkly white around the edges...

Course, what was i gonna do? Lose face in front of my new thai friends by spitting out a chili pepper? I nom'd that shit right down, drank 2 glasses of cold tea, and kept my jaw locked together for the 4-5 minutes it took to stop drooling like a hyena. Once the feeling came back to my face, i went right back to eating like a pro. Got some serious asian props for that.  :cool:

• Juthro and niemandgeist like this

#47 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,431 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

Man, I watched the video, I cant imagine why someone would do that to themself.

I will respectfully pass on that machismo test. That did not look like fun to me. I swear I felt my ulcer twinge a little just watching.

I bet if you slipped someone one of those peppers without their knowledge you could be arrested for assault.
  • bugs and TurkeyRanch like this

#48 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:10 PM

^^^
I agree, a trip sitter or supportive group is the only way that is happening. . .

In the words of every other woman on earth-- "I told you not to put that in your mouth."

You're a junky, man. You need a 12 step.

She says this, but she knows I have cut back.

He says this but then ate 3 different kinds of peppers with lunch. "For science" he said. *cough*

I may or may not have pushed that last one on him.  :weedpoke:

• Juthro likes this

#49 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,431 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

Damn, she has a mean streak, lol.

Remind me not to piss you off Bev, I promise I'll be good. :rolleyes:

• TastyBeverage likes this

#50 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

She wanted to know how they tasted, and how hot they were in comparison to each other. And she did enjoy watching me squirm a bit, while taking notes in her pepper notebook. We discovered the "Bolivian rainbows" we have are most likely the much hotter Chinese version.

But ya, don't piss off the panda. Always good advice. Peaceful creatures, but vicious when provoked.
  • Juthro likes this

#51 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,911 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:11 PM

I would NOT like to be those guys the next day. Been there, my kids still laugh about the screams of agony coming from the bathroom.

I have a trick for this, it's not pretty and usually I get some odd looks when I tell it so you will have to ask.

I think peppers were my first high.  My Dad used to tease me when we went out for Mexican food because I would need the "sissy sauce."  So not wanting my Dad to think me a wuss I started to "man up" and eat hot sauce like him and his friends.   Well It wasn't long before I realized that even though it hurt a bit it made me feel really good.  And so I became a hot junky.  If my meal doesn't burn I feel like I haven't eaten, or unsatisfied I should say. 

• bugs, TastyBeverage, kcmoxtractor and 1 other like this

#52 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:34 PM

Ha, I feel the same way, if it's not hot, I lack something critical. I abused Dave's Insanity Sauce for years, putting it on almost everything. It's been weird and unsatisfying eating eggs that are not spicy lately.

A remedy you say, O psychedelic rider of fixed-gears? I am asking, do tell.

#53 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,431 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:47 PM

But ya, don't piss off the panda. Always good advice. Peaceful creatures, but vicious when provoked.

I'm just playing, I love the banter.

I would never intentionally try and upset Bev, or anyone else for that matter life is too short. She is on the short list of one of the coolest ladies I have had the privilege of interacting with in my many years.
  • bugs, TastyBeverage and TurkeyRanch like this

#54 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,911 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:59 PM

A remedy you say, O psychedelic rider of fixed-gears? I am asking, do tell.

Not so much a remedy, more like a protective barrier.

It's so simple.

Before you take your morning lava flow, get a good smear of petroleum jelly of your choice on a piece of tp and coat the sensitive areas.  Then bombs away, and wipe as usual.  This does not completely get rid of all the burn but definitely gets it down to manageable levels.

If a burn persists you should apply a little more jelly after the wiping and it will help to get the offending oils lifted from the sensitive areas and transferred to your skivvies.

• TurkeyRanch and Juthro like this

#55 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:50 AM

I have eaten plenty of the hot headed fruit of the gods, and i swear i have never had this asstastic experience that you guys are talking about. Not even when i ate that whole chili in thailand.

I have a worse time when i eat red quinoa. You always miss one in there.  :biggrin:

#56 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:50 AM

I'm just playing, I love the banter.I would never intentionally try and upset Bev, or anyone else for that matter life is too short. She is on the short list of one of the coolest ladies I have had the privilege of interacting with in my many years.

I know man, I was joking too, but serious, pandas can bite. . . Bev is wonderful, she has put up with my weird ass for years, so I can't complain. She let's me do whatever I please, and encourages it, which is almost unheard of in a mate. We make a weird but effective couple.

Not so much a remedy, more like a protective barrier.

It's so simple.

Before you take your morning lava flow, get a good smear of petroleum jelly of your choice on a piece of tp and coat the sensitive areas.  Then bombs away, and wipe as usual.  This does not completely get rid of all the burn but definitely gets it down to manageable levels.

If a burn persists you should apply a little more jelly after the wiping and it will help to get the offending oils lifted from the sensitive areas and transferred to your skivvies.

Are you serious, or just getting off on the idea of me smearing vasoline on my tender bits?!

Lol.

Honestly, that sounds like it might work pretty well. I am weird enough that I may attempt at some point.
  • bugs, kcmoxtractor, PsyBearknot and 1 other like this

#57 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

Are you serious, or just getting off on the idea of me smearing vasoline on my tender bits?!

+1 for vaseline  :afro:

• kcmoxtractor likes this

#58 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

The vaseline trick's good to know. Actually, I almost never have a problem the next day. The incident I mentioned was from, believe it or not, pepperoncinis. Absolute agony. Go figure. 

My first experience with the hot stuff was at a friend's house when I was, I think, 7 or 8. His dad was having a toddy and eating pickled jalapenos. He offered me one, I'm sure for the comedy of it, and since I didn't want to seem wimpy I chomped down on it. Hell of a burn for a little kid used to old time New England blandness but, hey, I felt pretty damn good. Had another, that was about all I could stand at the time, but I was hooked for life.

Come to find out there's a reason. Interesting stuff about hot peppers releasing endorphins. I hope they don't become a scheduled drug.

https://www.erowid.o..._article1.shtml

My kids and grandkids make me proud. They're all pretty serious chili heads and can take the heat like pros.

• TastyBeverage, TurkeyRanch, Juthro and 1 other like this

#59 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

I have had some seriously hot pepperoncinis before, sometimes they are really strong.

I too was unexpectedly mouth-maced by a friends father when I was probably 10. He handed me a very small green pepper, and I ate it. I still don't know what it was but it was really hot.

There is probably a higher percentage of people that like extreme heat amongst people that use psychedelics than among the non-psychedelic using community. Probably something in us that seeks altered states and novel perceptions from a young age. Kids like to spin in circles till they fall down, because it produces a novel change in normal sensory perception, similar to carnival rides, and such.

Edited by TurkeyRanch, 13 November 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#60 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:41 PM

There is probably a higher percentage of people that like extreme heat amongst people that use psychedelics than among the non-psychedelic using community. Probably something in us that seeks altered states and novel perceptions from a young age. Kids like to spin in circles till they fall down, because it produces a novel change in normal sensory perception, similar to carnival rides, and such.

I've long thought that spinning around 'til you can't stand up is a gateway drug as anything else. Seriously, that's almost everyone's first altered state.

• TurkeyRanch and Heirloom like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!