• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

I tried that whole spinning thing once when i was a little kid. ONCE. Got nauseated, hated it and never did it again. I do love psychedelics, though.

Guess my brain is just wired differently.  :huh:

• Juthro likes this

#62 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,911 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:08 PM

+1 for vaseline  :afro:

Vaseline is a tool not a toy, there are soo many better personal lubes available. 

I can still remember I was about 13, as soon as the deed was done thinking how the hell am I going to get this all off of me?!  Never again.

There is probably a higher percentage of people that like extreme heat amongst people that use psychedelics than among the non-psychedelic using community.

I actually like to combine them.  Get a head full of what ever bust out the chillies and watch the colors fly. 

• bugs, TastyBeverage, kcmoxtractor and 1 other like this

#63 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:52 AM

I actually like to combine them. Get a head full of what ever bust out the chillies and watch the colors fly.

Kindred souls, you and I.

It's the same as jumping in a ice cold lake, having sex, throwing up, eating a ripe peach, or a raw habanero. Psychedelics enhance and catalyze these already intense physical sensations in new ways. Nothing makes you trip harder than a good shot of endorphins or adrenalin when you're already high as a kite.

Edited by TurkeyRanch, 14 November 2014 - 12:56 AM.

• bugs, kcmoxtractor and roscoe like this

#64 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

got some ghost peppers yesterday, and i'm actually kinda

disappointed. with all the hype and the videos online i thought

i was in for a ride, but it just made me sweat a little and my

tongue got a little numb. :deadhorse:

#65 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

That must have been a disappointmend, KC. Maybe a weak batch? Last summer's jalapenos were barely hot at all, same strain the year before was pretty respectable heat. Light, heat, ferts, stress etc.

http://www.zone9gard...-peppers-hotter

Gonna have to do some studying.

• kcmoxtractor likes this

#66 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

that is a possibility, any peppers grown in this season are not subjected

to nearly as much heat as those grown during the summer.

#67 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

I got some white habanero and some desert tepin seeds out of w world seed supply seed auction. I'm excited about the white habanero and I like heat but the desert tenpin don't interest me.

bev, if you would like the desert tepin (rumored to be THE hottest ?) shoot me a pm!

--Tepin (Capsicum annuum v. aviculare), the tiny round fruit, only 1/4 inch across, is only harvested from wild plants growing in the desert mountains of Northern Mexico, when good rains fall in the summer in the deserts where they live. Also called the Chiltepin and is one of the many types of chilies called Bird peppers.

The first year, plants require 120 days for green fruit and 200 days from the setting out of plants to mature red ripe fruit, so they are best grown in containers year-round and brought indoors overwinter in areas with frost. The second year, when plants are put outdoors in spring when nights are above 60 deg.F., they start flowering quickly, and start producing fruit from July to October.

Tepín peppers are part of a family of wild peppers known as bird's peppers, or chiltepins. In Florida they used to grow wild in the citrus groves and were called "Grove peppers"; and in Texas the wild turkeys love the fruit, and are known as Turkey peppers.

Plants can live for 35-50 years if protected from frost in winter, if the minimum winter temperature is kept above 60 degrees F.

In Florida, Hawaii, southern Texas, southern NM and southern Arizona, and coastal California, the plants will grow as perennial bushes outside year-round, if protected with a cardboard box over them, when night temperatures ever dip below 40. All peppers are perennials if kept above 55 deg. F. at night.

Tepin plants grow into round perennial bushes. Being a wild plant, seeds can take 3-5 weeks to germinate at 80-85°F daytime soil temperatures.

Edited by PsyBearknot, 17 January 2015 - 10:01 PM.

• TastyBeverage, roscoe and Juthro like this

#68 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:42 PM

How did i miss this?!?!?!

PsyBear, i would love some seed! I have a 'backyard' cultivar of chiltepin, which my BFF got from some Mexican immigrants who have been growing it in their family from seed originally wild collected. But it's many generations from wild at this point and i would love to compare it to the true wild type.  :wub:

Many thanks, buddy!

• PsyBearknot likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!