#181 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

yea the casing layer has always colonized  the few times I have cased. I believe that is normal.

I have a tub I didn't case ,picked last week and got a second flush about an inch tall on it already.

looks good to me ( I'm still a beginner ). looking forward to seeing your first flush.

#182 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

to add to the above statement, I bought a Portobello kit and the online instructions tell
me to scratch the colonized substrate with a fork or other such tool.

mix casing with my scratched sub and apply.

the Portobello info says I have 2 choices scratch deeper for fewer huge mushrooms
 less for lots of little ones.

this may not be of any use or might on your next tub.

#183 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:53 PM

Ya thanks heirloom... They look healthy so I won't worry, but just not what I expected

#184 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

it looks very healthy.. coir will/can colonize. peat moss is a preferred casing material, or straight verm.. you need to be fanning that tub at least 3 times a day..  should fruit soon. 

#185 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

Ok. I have a fan oscillating all day. Is that enough fae?
  • wharfrat likes this

#186 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

time will tell.. is there condensation in your tubs? water on sides top? usually it will be dry by the holes, that would be considered sufficient

#187 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

oh and FYI, if you want a quicker response to a question from one of us, quote our last post, that way it tells me to go look, or else it will get lost in the 100's of posts a day

• coorsmikey likes this

#188 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

time will tell.. is there condensation in your tubs? water on sides top? usually it will be dry by the holes, that would be considered sufficient

Oh nice thanks. Yes there is condensation on top and on the sides.. What do u mean the holes are dry? Thanks for the help..getting close now :)

#189 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

Oh nice thanks. Yes there is condensation on top and on the sides.. What do u mean the holes are dry? Thanks for the help..getting close now :)

usually around the holes in the tub there will be less condensation.. that is an indication that you have FAE.  do you have holes in your tub?

#190 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

usually around the holes in the tub there will be less condensation.. that is an indication that you have FAE.  do you have holes in your tub?

How's this look. 8 inch sized holes with polyfil

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• wharfrat likes this

#191 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

looks good brother, see that ring around the hole, no condensation.. that's what you want. i would loosen up the polyfil, use a little bit less, not so packed. but it looks like you got it down. Sending you good growing vibes!

#192 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

Hey
Holidays zap my time still on a 2 week hiatus in florida.
Grow is looking good....simetime u gotta mess with the density of your poly to get it dialed in but if yer sub turns blue at all its getting dried out so thats an indicator. ..if not and u have condensation keep on trucking. Dosent hurt to open the top couple times a day fan and mist just to purge all c02 out. But if yer poly holes are correct and yer fan is just right u can get away w neglecting them......
like warf said up top use quote and the individual will get a notice.......keep us posted.....cheers

#193 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,552 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

Wish I would have seen this post earlier, it was running concurrently with some experimentation I was doing and some of the info would have maybe helped. Congrats on the grow, it looks very active and contam resistant which is good. At the point where it all turns white I have had almost no invasive contams join in, but I also have had them stall or in my most recent, my heater for the house went out on New Years and dropped into the 40's. Got that fixed, and forgot to leave the lid on when I was airing and misting. So now I'm trying to recover what looks like seriously stalled dried out mini white trees on my newspaper grow. I was going to case, or ??I dont' really know what. Any suggestions.?? lazlo16Dec31.jpg

#194 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

looks good brother, see that ring around the hole, no condensation.. that's what you want. i would loosen up the polyfil, use a little bit less, not so packed. but it looks like you got it down. Sending you good growing vibes!

The pins have arrived! All 3 tubs have pins! The first pic is of a 54 qt mono tub and the second is of a 7qt dub. The dub looks to hvr MANY more primordia, think that's the little white pins, per inch of sub but we'll see.

So now still fan 3xday but only spray once? Should I still mist the sub lightly or just walls? Exciting times thanks for the help y'all! First bulk :)

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Hash_Man and wharfrat like this

#195 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

The pins have arrived! All 3 tubs have pins! The first pic is of a 54 qt mono tub and the second is of a 7qt dub. The dub looks to hvr MANY more primordia, think that's the little white pins, per inch of sub but we'll see.

So now still fan 3xday but only spray once? Should I still mist the sub lightly or just walls? Exciting times thanks for the help y'all! First bulk :)

Whoot Whoot!! looks great brother.. I mist the sub and walls, mush n all.. just a mist.. then fan the mush, the water will dry on the mush quickly, once a day.. and just fan the rest of the day.. 3 or more times.. you got it! congrats :thumbs_up:

#196 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

Whoot Whoot!! looks great brother.. I mist the sub and walls, mush n all.. just a mist.. then fan the mush, the water will dry on the mush quickly, once a day.. and just fan the rest of the day.. 3 or more times.. you got it! congrats :thumbs_up:

Beautiful! more pins this morning! The smaller tub looks a little different, kind of a greyish tint the mycylium and not as fluffy as the other tubs? Pics to come but wondering if its ok and what is causing the difference 

#197 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

Both from the smaller tub of question

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Hash_Man likes this

#198 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

hard to tell in them pics, but they seem to be doing just find..

#199 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

It is hard to tell but u gotta figur the dub and the mono have diff environments how ever how minor that may be but u can xpect some variation in look from one to the other.

#200 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

hard to tell in them pics, but they seem to be doing just find..

It is hard to tell but u gotta figur the dub and the mono have diff environments how ever how minor that may be but u can xpect some variation in look from one to the other.

Ya thanks. That makes sense..diff environment = diff growth. Here's some updated pics. Lots of B+ fruits from the big tub and many small Ecuadorians from the small. What's with the white on the caps?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!