#42 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

^^^ of coarse Alder I know you 'd do the same for me.

I am in a conversation with a friend on here and I just typed up this message for him. I feel a great pull to post it in this thread. This is the copied text of a personal message I wrote to someone. It might not make much sence to you but it will for someone. Who I just can't say.

We are talking about Grounding...

"Ok there are two things I'm battling with starting with. So I'm going to start with Grounding. Iam simply going to use a capitle G for the word grounding after I start going fast though typing. One thing I must state aswell is that we all have intricate differences between us human beings, and they are all sacred and good. Even if they appear as negitive or bad. ultimitly they are all good. Always try to see and hear others ways by putting your feet in their shoes. I'm not sure why but I also feel like I need to add; Does it seem as if nothing goes your way and they everyone else appears to be having a good time? Through those feeling is where you find endurence and strength.  Also compassion and patience.

Be still, listen to the sounds of the pulsing energy as the Life force inherent in all things sings a gentle song to your sweet ears. It's a wonderful thing that you are not attched at the moment because you need this time in your Life for quite contemplation. There is a magic web connecting you with all others on this planet. The feeling of discourgement from the Women you are speaking to; is them sub consciously knowing that it doesn't feel like "good timimg".

From the rise and fall of the Sun to the rise and fall of our breath, from the beating of our heart to the infinite vibration of the Atomic particales within our cells. ( I'm going to get into cells as well; as they are very important in what we are talking about) We are a mass of vibrations that miraculiously resonate together in a single system. In fact our ability to function as a unifed whole depends upon coherent resonance of the many subtle vibrations within us. All of life is a rhythmic synchronization.... You've fallin out of this into "bad timing" because you are unaware of this. "good timimg" and Bad timimg" But I'll get more into that later.

Grounding balances and centers your body, and allows you to feel safer, clearer, and supported. Being grounded enhances you ability to see, feel, and hear more deeply. Life just seems to flow. I must say though this only the beging of this life long journey. In the 1st exercise.

1) You create a grounding cord (an open "pipe" of light 3 to 6 inches in diameter) that extends from your pelvic area all the way down to and connected with the center of the Planet. The POSTURE is sitting comfortably in a chair, with your back striaght, both feet flat ( barefeet if you can! Also when I stared this I started outside and the connection was mear moments) on the floor, arms and legs uncrossed, and you hands palms down on your thighs, although in most other meditation palms face up.

- I'm going to add this is how you are going to start but you ultimitly want YOU WANT TO BE GROUNDING ALL THE TIME. in the car, at your desk, while talking to people, while flying in a plane, regardless of your posture. 

2) Breathing into your belly, smoothly. Shallow, rapid, or erratic breathing indicates that you need to increase your G.

3) Visualize your grounding cord as green ( after a while you will spontaneously G in any color that is good for yourself, Like mine turns mostly red, brown, gold, green, or all mixed together.)

Initially, you will probably find it easier to visualize your G cord with your eyes closed.

Question here for you. Do you see it, feel it, hear it, or intend it? For myself I see it and intend it and feel it....But I don't hear it well. I'm not ready too. I find hearing the things that enter my consciousnes scares me and am aoky with feelin and seeing for now.

Looking somewhat like a green-fiber-optic tube or an open pipe of green light.

This will introduce you to three important enerygy centers in your body: your first and your third chakras, and your feet chakras.

Chakras are dynamic psychic organs, confluences of vital energies that are received, transmitted, and metabolized in your body.

I think being introduced to the chakra system as PSYCHIC ORGANS is a great way to think of it. So you can visualize it.

1) You create a G cord ( I hope you have a good imagination;)) by first imagining a spinning ball of earthy-green light anywhere from 3-6 inchs in dimeter in your first chakra. Let it spin (the direction of spinning doesn't matter) then let it fall though your chair. As it falls, imagine that it creates an open tube of green light behind it, smilar to the tail of a comet. Allow it to fall effortlessly all the way down to the center of the planet. You may enjoy gravity as a form of love that gently pulls your G cord down to Earth's center for you. When it reaches the Earth's center, let the ball expand and merge with Earth;s energy. Allow Mother Earth to greet you with a warm embrace and align your body to just the right frequency for life on our planet. The larger the diameter of your G cord, the more G you wil be. To facilitate an increased G capability, once you've established your GC connetion, allow it to expand to 6-10 inches, or to whatever size feels approriate and comfortable for you. Check to see that you GC is sesurely connected to your first chakra, and unostructed and unbroken allthe way down to it's connection to the center of the planet.

^^ I have more to say but am running low on time and feel this is a great way to start.." If you call upon the *light* before u do each meditation, or prayer, and open yourself to whats right, not merely what you wnat to see/hear, you will have no problem making a firm and truthful contact with the spiritualreal realm"

Ask for protection and guidence.

" soul' a moving river. Body, the river bed" -rumi

A journal enery I think you'd like to hear

There is this collective loneliness. Even when with others the sting of loneliness swells. And we are so close- yet so far away...feeling it's ok, but it's not! It's killing us softly in disguise. When we do reach out; if we make a mistake we're judged. Hell, if we do triumph we're judged. Something I do to help with this is- When I make a mistakeand people are looking at me funny I say " well, I'm glad that's out of the way" or "I'm sorry." If it's them and they are embrassed I'll say " you couldn't have done that in front of a better perosn, i've done triple that this morning." and help them feel Human and that it's ok we a a community learning, growing, planting seeds together. Gorllia grow or not. ;)

Good to go for now....I'll be back my friend. I'm very excited for you."

Love,

Angel

Edited by Stoned Angel, 15 February 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#43 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

[Direct Link]

I thought this inspirational. I look at her and I see myself. I never thought of myself as much Joni Mitchell fan. I do wish that I could take out all the others characters, and have this only be Joni talking. I kinda disregard everyone else talking but her in this video. I must admit her chillin' smoking a cigg (all she needs is her baller of jameson, and her doobie snack)  I can see her, one of us, a cool kid. By cool I mean "knowing better".

I would like to add one thing here, seeing this thread is called pearls of wisdom.

Yesterday I was walking with a friend in the woods. Ted, my friend, and I were talking about these two girls. I have the pleasure of them Loving me to pieces. To the point it makes others like me less because they would like to have that attention. To cut right to the point here he said "Yeah, I really like it when she gives me the time of day." He says this in a kind way, a kind of wishing as well I suppose. I answered something to the effect "I know what you mean." However as 24 hours have passed and I've drawn upon my Life experience to realize, he thinks of it as being givin the time of day, and I know that it's because of shyness that the girls don't seem to pay attention to him, or others. So both have no idea that the other would Love to have the other in their Lives, but non communication and shyness on both sides is what keeps the relationship from ever even flourishing.

This is not a romantic endeavor. We're speaking about purely friendship and Love. The more the merrier kinda of relationship. I do think it would apply to any relationship nonetheless. So just remember being giving of your time and acknowledgement of another persons existence -being selfless- really means so much more then you'd ever know to believe.

I try look into most everyones eyes, and tell them I Love them from my divine higher self perspective, and I tell you what, when I do I met the most amazing people, hear interesting stories because I gave them the time of day.

I use to be so shy and wouldn't look. I'd hear from my friends that people thought as far as to say that I was a bitch. I even had a guy dump me because in his eyes he thought I wasn't paying attention to him, but it was all because I was to shy to say or do the actions I would have done if I had the self confidence. As I've fallin down and have been embarrassed enough times for the all the people the World over, I've dropped most any feeling of awkwardness between an other Human and myself. So became easy for me not to be shy, or awkward. Well still awkward but not giving a crap so I laugh.

Just remember- Being giving of your time and acknowledgement of another persons existence -being selfless- really means so much more then you'd ever know to believe.

Edited by Stoned Angel, 14 March 2015 - 12:01 PM.

• Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#44 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

I came to directly to this post from a post I had just written with the last word of that post being, "Joni."  Some synchronisity there, eh? 

Joni Mitchell is maybe the best remnant of my long ago marriage.  I was happy to have that wife gone, but not about to let Joni go with her. 

A long time ago a dear friend sent me the video that Joni now has posted freely on her website.  She is such a generous being.  I should include her sometime in the Gratitude thread.

Joni Mitchell:  A Woman of Heart and Mind

I found the full hour and forty five minute version of the interview (after watching only a few minutes, highly recommended).  That interview here:

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 March 2015 - 03:51 PM.

• Stoned Angel and Juthro like this

#45 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

^^ I've watched this whole thing and I am in Love. Thank you for posting that. Otherwise I would have never seen it. <<----  Well gosh that was a hard sentence for me. lol

I had to tell you Alder.... Eric Pearl, the man who is the very first post in this thread starting following me on instagram!! I crapped my pants in joy and excitement!! It was a complete surprise. SS said some quote...It fit. What was it? Something like the tribe always finds its kinds...but way better. I thought you might get a kick out of it too. :meditate: :hug:

#46 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:08 PM

Did you see the documentary too?

Joni Mitchell:  A Woman of Heart and Mind

• Sidestreet likes this

#47 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

[Direct Link]

You Are Here to Win Yourself Back

You have to find something that is not coming and going. That which is aware of the change and is not identified with the change. That one. Find out this one. This one is free.

You've always been presence but now you experience it consciously. This beautiful light and life is in you. Grace is always with you.

- Mooji

March 10th, 2015, Rishikesh, India

Edited by Alder Logs, 21 March 2015 - 02:14 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#48 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:07 AM

From Joni Mitchell's web page:
dot_have.gif Mar 31: Joni hospitalized

Joni has been hospitalized. We are awaiting official word on her condition and will post it here as soon as we know.

#49 -=Zeus=-

-=Zeus=-

-= Still Kickin =-

• OG VIP
  • 1,938 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

I'm finding pearls in new and old, here's a new spin on a favortie theme of mine.  Reminds me of the movie Willow, I took my son to it when it opened and he was 5 or 6 at the time.  His mother and I were seperated, and I remember how good it felt taking him to the movie...  Anyway, here's a link i .... i reddit yesterday, frtom kevin sorbo aka HERCULES....just released yesterday too, felt silly that it came at just the right time...almost seems like a coincedence...   

http://www.contv.com...est-for-heroes/

Keep those pearlz comin'

Peace

#50 -=Zeus=-

-=Zeus=-

-= Still Kickin =-

• OG VIP
  • 1,938 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:44 AM

:meditate:

• Phineas_Carmichael likes this

#51 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,905 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

remember your right        everyone else is wrong                 or        whatever

That's beautifully apropos considering the title of this thread.

While pearls of wisdom are valuable, which is one reason why they're called "pearls," they are also quite often created in the same manner as actual pearls found in oysters, which I think is kind of neat.

For example: "Pearls are formed inside the shell of certain mollusks as a defense mechanism against a potentially threatening irritant such as a parasite inside the shell, or an attack from outside that injures the mantle tissue. The mollusk creates a pearl sac to seal off the irritation. Pearls are commonly viewed by scientists as a by-product of an adaptive immune system-like function.[3]" (from the Wikipedia entry under "Pearl").

Edited by TVCasualty, 03 April 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#52 -=Zeus=-

-=Zeus=-

-= Still Kickin =-

• OG VIP
  • 1,938 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

https://www.youtube....hannel=Codroy17

Edited by -=Zeus=-, 03 April 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#53 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,527 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

Irritated tumor of oyster = wisdom. 

good round                about                        connect.

I am starting to understand i patch.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#54 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:13 AM

Hey I can see I've missed a bunch in this thread! I'm so excited to come back and read!! :cool:  30 minutes ago I was suppose to start getting ready for continuance of the job search. Bhaa bhaa.

Anywho, the other day a spiritual Woman said to me "Are you an empath?" I knew that I was empathic to situations and people, but didn't know the meaning to empath. So I looked it up and to my great surprise THERE IS A WORD FOR ME!! Also that I'm not alone. I'm so happy to have found this knowledge and hope that this helps someone in understanding themselves as well.

By: Christel Broederlow

What is an empath?

Being an empath is when you are affected by other people’s energies, and have an innate ability to intuitively feel and perceive others.  Your life is unconsciously influenced by others’ desires, wishes, thoughts, and moods.  Being an empath is much more than being highly sensitive and it’s not just limited to emotions.  Empaths can perceive physical sensitivities and spiritual urges, as well as just knowing the motivations and intentions of other people.  You either are an empath or you aren’t.  It’s not a trait that is learned.  You are always open, so to speak, to process other people’s feelings and energy, which means that you really feel, and in many cases take on the emotions of others.  Many empaths experience things like chronic fatigue, environmental sensitivities, or unexplained aches and pains daily.  These are all things that are more likely to be contributed to outside influences and not so much yourself at all.  Essentially you are walking around in this world with all of the accumulated karma, emotions, and energy from others.

Empaths are often quiet achievers. They can take a while to handle a compliment for they’re more inclined to point out another’s positive attributes. They are highly expressive in all areas of emotional connection, and talk openly, and, at times quite frankly. They may have few problems talking about their feelings if another cares to listen (regardless of how much they listen to others).

However, they can be the exact opposite: reclusive and apparently unresponsive at the best of times. They may even appear ignorant. Some are very good at “blocking out” others and that’s not always a bad thing, at least for the learning empath struggling with a barrage of emotions from others, as well as their own feelings.

Empaths have a tendency to openly feel what is outside of them more so than what is inside of them. This can cause empaths to ignore their own needs. In general an empath is non-violent, non-aggressive and leans more towards being the peacemaker. Any area filled with disharmony creates an uncomfortable feeling in an empath. If they find themselves in the middle of a confrontation, they will endeavor to settle the situation as quickly as possible, if not avoid it all together. If any harsh words are expressed in defending themselves, they will likely resent their lack of self-control, and have a preference to peacefully resolve the problem quickly.

Empaths are more inclined to pick up another’s feelings and project it back without realizing its origin in the first place. Talking things out is a major factor in releasing emotions in the learning empath. Empaths can develop an even stronger degree of understanding so that they can find peace in most situations. The downside is that empaths may bottle up emotions and build barriers sky-high so as to not let others know of their innermost thoughts and/or feelings. This withholding of emotional expression can be a direct result of a traumatic experience, an expressionless upbringing, or simply being told as a child, “Children are meant to be seen and not heard!”

Without a doubt, this emotional withholding can be detrimental to one’s health, for the longer one’s thoughts and/or emotions aren’t released, the more power they build. The thoughts and/or emotions can eventually becoming explosive, if not crippling. The need to express oneself honestly is a form of healing and a choice open to all. To not do so can result in a breakdown of the person and result in mental/emotional instability or the creation of a physical ailment, illness or disease.

Empaths are sensitive to TV, videos, movies, news and broadcasts. Violence or emotional dramas depicting shocking scenes of physical or emotional pain inflicted on adults, children or animals can bring an empath easily to tears. At times, they may feel physically ill or choke back the tears. Some empaths will struggle to comprehend any such cruelty, and may have grave difficulty in expressing themselves in the face of another’s ignorance, closed-mindedness and obvious lack of compassion. They simply cannot justify the suffering they feel and see.

You will find empaths working with people, animals or nature with a true passion and dedication to help them. They are often tireless teachers and/or caretakers for our environment and all within it. Many volunteers are empathic and give up personal time to help others without pay and/or recognition.

Empaths may be excellent storytellers due to an endless imagination, inquisitive minds and ever-expanding knowledge. They can be old romantics at heart and very gentle. They may also be the “keepers” of ancestral knowledge and family history. If not the obvious family historians, they may be the ones who listen to the stories passed down and possess the majority of the family history. Not surprisingly, they may have started or possess a family tree.

They have a broad interest in music to suit their many expressive temperaments, and others can query how empaths can listen to one style of music, and within minutes, change to something entirely different. Lyrics within a song can have adverse, powerful effects on empaths, especially if it is relevant to a recent experience. In these moments, it is advisable for empaths to listen to music without lyrics, to avoid playing havoc with their emotions!

They are just as expressive with body language as with words, thoughts, and feelings. Their creativity is often expressed through dance, acting, and bodily movements. Empaths can project an incredible amount of energy portraying and/or releasing emotion. Empaths can become lost in the music, to the point of being in a trance-like state; they become one with the music through the expression of their physical bodies. They describe this feeling as a time when all else around them is almost non-existent.

People of all walks of life and animals are attracted to the warmth and genuine compassion of empaths. Regardless of whether others are aware of one being empathic, people are drawn to them as a metal object is to a magnet!

Even complete strangers find it easy to talk to empaths about the most personal things, and before they know it, they have poured out their hearts and souls without intending to do so consciously. It is as though on a sub-conscious level that person knows instinctively that empaths would listen with compassionate understanding. Then again, for empaths, it is always nice to actually be heard themselves!

Here are the listeners of life. They can be outgoing, bubbly, enthusiastic and a joy to be in the presence of, as well as highly humorous at the most unusual moments! On the flip side, empaths can be weighted with mood swings that will have others around them want to jump overboard and abandon ship! The thoughts and feelings empaths receive from any and all in their life can be so overwhelming (if not understood) that their moods can fluctuate with lightning speed. One moment they may be delightfully happy and with a flick of the switch, miserable.

Abandoning an empath in the throes of alternating moods can create detrimental effects. A simple return of empathic love–listening and caring compassionately without bias, judgment and/or condemnation–can go an incredibly long way to an empath’s instant recovery. Many empaths don’t understand what is occurring within them. They literally have no idea that another person’s emotions are now felt, as one’s own and reflected outwardly. They are confused as to how one moment all was well, and then the next, they feel so depressed, alone, etc. The need to understand the possibilities of empath connection is a vital part of the empaths journey for themselves and for those around them.

Empaths are often problem solvers, thinkers, and studiers of many things. As far as empaths are concerned, where a problem is, so too is the answer. They often will search until they find one – if only for peace of mind. This can certainly prove beneficial for others in their relationships, in the workplace, or on the home front. Where there is a will, there is a way and the empath will find it. The empath can literally (likely without the knowledge of what’s actually occurring) tap into Universal Knowledge and be receptive to guidance in solving anything they put their head and hearts into.

Empaths often are vivid and/or lucid dreamers. They can dream in detail and are inquisitive of dream content. Often they feel as though the dreams are linked to their physical life somehow, and not just a mumble of nonsensical, irrelevant, meaningless images. This curiosity will lead many empathic dreamers to unravel some of the “mysterious” dream contents from an early age and connect the interpretation to its relevance in their physical life. If not, they may be led to dream interpretations through other means.

Empaths are daydreamers with difficulty keeping focused on the mundane. If life isn’t stimulating, off an empath will go into a detached state of mind. They will go somewhere, anywhere, in a thought that appears detached from the physical reality, yet is alive and active for they really are off and away. If a tutor is lecturing with little to no emotional input, empaths will not be receptive to such teaching and can (unintentionally) drift into a state of daydreaming.

Give the empath student the tutor who speaks with stimuli and emotion (through actual experience of any given subject) and the empath is receptively alert. Empaths are a captivated audience. This same principle applies in acting. An actor will either captivate the audience through expressing (in all aspects) emotions (as though they really did experience the role they are portraying) or will loose them entirely. Empaths make outstanding actors.

Empaths frequently experience déjà vu and synchronicities. What may initially start as, “Oh, what a coincidence”, will lead to the understanding of synchronicities as an aspect of who they are. These synchronicities will become a welcomed and continually expanding occurrence. As an understanding of self grows, the synchronicities become more fluent and free flowing. The synchronicities can promote a feeling of euphoria as empaths identify with them and appreciate the connection to their empathic nature.

Empaths are most likely to have had varying paranormal experiences throughout their lives. NDE’s (Near death experiences) and or OBE’s (Out of body experiences) can catapult an unaware empath into the awakening period and provide the momentum for a journey of discovery. Those who get caught up in life, in society’s often dictating ways, in work etc., can become lost in a mechanical way of living that provides very little meaning. All “signs of guidance” are ignored to shift out of this state of “doing”. A path to being whole again becomes evident and a search for more meaning in one’s life begins.

These types of experiences appear dramatic, can be life-altering indeed, and are most assuredly just as intensely memorable in years to come. They are the voice of guidance encouraging us to pursue our journey in awareness. Sometimes, some of us require that extra assistance!

For some empaths, the lack of outside understanding towards paranormal events they experience, may lead to suppressing such abilities. (Most of these abilities are very natural and not a coincidence.) Empaths may unknowingly adopt the positive or negative attitude of others as their own. (This, however, can be overcome.) Empaths may need to follow interests in the paranormal and the unexplained with curiosity so as to explain and accept their life circumstances.

Here are 30 of the most common traits:

1. Knowing: Empaths just know stuff, without being told. It’s a knowing that goes way beyond intuition or gut feelings, even though that is how many would describe the knowing. The more attuned they are the stronger this gift becomes.

2. Being in public places can be overwhelming: Places like shopping malls, supermarkets or stadiums where there are lots of people around can fill the empath with turbulently vexed emotions that are coming from others.

3. Feeling others emotions and taking them on as your own: This is a huge one for empaths. To some they will feel emotions off those near by and with others they will feel emotions from those a vast distance away, or both. The more adept empath will know if someone is having bad thoughts about them, even from great distance.

4. Watching violence, cruelty or tragedy on the TV is unbearable: The more attuned an empath becomes the worse it is and may make it so they eventually have to stop watching TV and reading newspapers altogether.

5. You know when someone is not being honest: If a friend or a loved one is telling you lies you know it (although many empaths try not to focus on this because knowing a loved one is lying can be painful). Or if someone is saying one thing but feeling/thinking another, you know.

6. Picking up physical symptoms off another: An empath will almost always develop the ailments off another (colds, eye infections, body aches and pains) especially those they’re closest to, somewhat like sympathy pains.

7. Digestive disorders and lower back problems: The solar plexus chakra is based in the centre of the abdomen and it’s known as the seat of emotions. This is where empaths feel the incoming emotion of another, which can weaken the area and eventually lead to anything from stomach ulcers to IBS (too many other conditions to list here). Lower back problems can develop from being ungrounded (amongst other things) and one, who has no knowledge of them being an empath, will almost always be ungrounded.

8. Always looking out for the underdog: Anyone whose suffering, in emotional pain or being bullied draws an empath’s attention and compassion.

9. Others will want to offload their problems on you, even strangers: An empath can become a dumping ground for everyone else’s issues and problems, which, if they’re not careful can end up as their own.

10. Constant fatigue: Empaths often get drained of energy, either from energy vampires or just taking on too much from others, which even sleep will not cure. Many get diagnosed with ME.

11. Addictive personality: Alcohol, drugs, sex, are to name but a few addictions that empaths turn to, to block out the emotions of others. It is a form of self protection in order to hide from someone or something.

12. Drawn to healing, holistic therapies and all things metaphysical: Although many empaths would love to heal others they can end up turning away from being healers (even though they have a natural ability for it), after they’ve studied and qualified, because they take on too much from the one they are trying to heal. Especially if they are unaware of their empathy. Anything of a supernatural nature is of interest to empaths and they don’t surprise or get shocked easily. Even at the revelation of what many others would consider unthinkable, for example, empaths would have known the world was round when others believed it was flat.

13. Creative: From singing, dancing, acting, drawing or writing an empath will have a strong creative streak and a vivid imagination.

14. Love of nature and animals: Being outdoors in nature is a must for empaths and pets are an essential part of their life.

15. Need for solitude: An empath will go stir-crazy if they don’t get quiet time. This is even obvious in empathic children.

16. Gets bored or distracted easily if not stimulated: Work, school and home life has to be kept interesting for an empath or they switch off from it and end up daydreaming or doodling.

17. Finds it impossible to do things they don’t enjoy: As above. Feels like they are living a lie by doing so. To force an empath to do something they dislike through guilt or labelling them as idle will only serve in making them unhappy. It’s for this reason many empaths get labelled as being lazy.

18. Strives for the truth: This becomes more prevalent when an empath discovers his/her gifts and birthright. Anything untruthful feels plain wrong.

19. Always looking for the answers and knowledge: To have unanswered questions can be frustrating for an empath and they will endeavour to find an explanation. If they have a knowing about something they will look for confirmation. The downside to this is an information overload.

20. Likes adventure, freedom and travel: Empaths are free spirits.

21. Abhors clutter: It makes an empath feel weighed down and blocks the flow of energy.

22. Loves to daydream: An empath can stare into space for hours, in a world of their own and blissfully happy.

23. Finds routine, rules or control, imprisoning: Anything that takes away their freedom is debilitating to an empath even poisoning.

24. Prone to carry weight without necessarily overeating: The excess weight is a form of protection to stop the negative incoming energies having as much impact.

25. Excellent listener: An empath won’t talk about themselves much unless it’s to someone they really trust. They love to learn and know about others and genuinely care.

26. Intolerance to narcissism: Although kind and often very tolerant of others, empaths do not like to be around overly egotistical people, who put themselves first and refuse to consider another’s feelings or points of view other than their own.

27. The ability to feel the days of the week: An empath will get the ‘Friday Feeling’ if they work Fridays or not. They pick up on how the collective are feeling. The first couple of days of a long, bank holiday weekend (Easter for example) can feel, to them, like the world is smiling, calm and relaxed. Sunday evenings, Mondays and Tuesdays, of a working week, have a very heavy feeling.

28. Will not choose to buy antiques, vintage or second-hand: Anything that’s been pre-owned carries the energy of the previous owner. An empath will even prefer to have a brand new car or house (if they are in the financial situation to do so) with no residual energy.

29. Sense the energy of food: Many empaths don’t like to eat meat or poultry because they can feel the vibrations of the animal (especially if the animal suffered), even if they like the taste.

30. Can appear moody, shy, aloof, disconnected: Depending on how an empath is feeling will depend on what face they show to the world. They can be prone to mood swings and if they’ve taken on too much negative will appear quiet and unsociable, even miserable. An empath detests having to pretend to be happy when they’re sad, this only adds to their load (makes working in the service industry, when it’s service with a smile, very challenging) and can make them feel like scuttling under a stone.

If you can say yes to most or all of the above then you are most definitely an empath.

Empaths are having a particularly difficult time at the present time, picking up on all the negative emotions that are being emanated into the world from the populace.

I'll come back asap to answer and questions, and see what you all think. I'm very excited to see what y'all think :meditate: :biggrin: :wub:

• TVCasualty and Skywatcher like this

#55 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

[Direct Link]

• Stoned Angel likes this

#56 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,527 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:49 PM

You might find this book interesting. It's based on the Meyers Briggs Trait Assessment done in the early 50's and used by psychiatrists since. The more modern version changed my life, and everyone who has read it as far as I know.

Please Understand Me II, by David Kiersey.

My wife is an empath, and we barely get along, this book explained why, in great detail, it was truly fascinating, and I don't read all that much.

#57 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,905 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:47 AM

I'm very excited to see what y'all think :meditate: :biggrin: :wub:

I think that mushrooms (among other psychedelics) help open people up to empathy (to say the least!). Some people are innately empathetic without psychedelics (not easy in this so-called culture) and when they trip and experience what I'd call "empathy²" (empathy squared) it's REALLY intense. So much so that it can tear the empath to pieces. I call that experience "the Shattering" and anyone who's experienced a Shattering knows what I mean. Rebuilding ourselves from all the pieces of our last Shattering is what's commonly referred to as "personal growth." Many demolitions are really renovations (paraphrasing Rumi again).

So they (we?) gather in ad-hoc support groups and talk about it to help maintain enough conventional sanity to get by (or get advice on completing our latest renovation). I figure that's the reason why every discussion forum has it's own unique "vibe" or "energy," even among those that are supposedly focused on the same subject (e.g. the difference between 'Topia and Shroomery).

It seems to me that the reason why so many empathetic people spend so much time wishing they were dead or that they'd never been born in the first place is because they haven't learned how to handle the crushing burden of carrying one's own pain as well as the world's. Unfortunately, the only way I've found to bear it is to build a semi-permeable emotional wall against letting the pain of others/the world smother us. But not a solid wall; that's a slippery slope to sociopathy.

One of the hardest things to accept about Search and Rescue work (for empathetic individuals) is that the #1 priority of a rescuer is themselves. You're not helping when you become another victim, so you don't just dive in to an emergency situation where someone needs help without first ensuring that you can do what you need to do without becoming a victim yourself. Sometimes ensuring your own safety won't be possible, and while it's heart-wrenching and sounds all sorts of wrong to say it, doing nothing as you watch someone suffer and possibly die a few feet away from you is occasionally the right thing to do.

That was vividly illustrated in my WFR/swiftwater rescue classes by the instructor's own experience. He was a renowned cave-rescue expert who'd seen more unfortunate outcomes than anyone should ever have to. The worst rescue disaster he'd ever been part of involved a worker going unconscious in a very large, deep hole or trench (I forget which) being dug at an industrial site (big enough to qualify it as a "cave" rescue). It was open at the top, so people standing at the rim could see the guy laying on the ground ~50 feet below. As soon as the first rescuer rappelled into the hole, he too went unconscious within seconds of reaching the ground. 

When the rest of the cave-rescue team saw their friend fall out, they panicked. Another rescuer immediately rappelled down to retrieve their teammate and he too immediately succumbed to whatever it was that was down there. And then another. The instructor teaching my class showed up just as the 4th rescuer was preparing to rappel into the hole. When he looked inside and saw the others unconscious at the bottom, he had to physically restrain the one who was on-rope to keep him from joining the rest. It almost led to a fist fight.

Turns out there was a very high concentration of an odorless, colorless, toxic, and heavier-than-air gas seeping into the hole from the surrounding soil (I forget exactly what it was and if it was natural or from a leaky pipe, but one good lungful of it and you're out cold). That meant anyone going into the hole without a SCBA was doomed (no "U" because it's not the underwater type).

But the rescuers didn't think of that, all they saw was their friends dying in a hole so they did whatever they could to save them with no regard for their own safety. As a result, in addition to the original victim that prompted the emergency call, three highly-trained EMTs with extensive experience in difficult and highly-technical rescue situations died that day.

That's why I taught myself how to dissociate (thereby suspending empathy) at will. Salvia divinorum helped a lot with that, as did a few harrowing experiences where I could not afford to indulge in freaking out or being paralyzed with grief or sadness as my inaction would've only served to allow the damage to get worse. I suppose that means I'd consider my self to be an empath according to the extensive definition posted above, but I'm one that has sharp teeth I can call upon when necessary.

It's a really difficult balancing act, and I'd guess that no one who is highly empathetic feels like they're doing it right, which IMO is a sign that they probably are as it means they still care about such things. 

• -=Zeus=-, TurkeyRanch, Stoned Angel and 2 others like this

#58 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

One would think that someone rappelling into such a hole could be pulled up by the rope he went down on.  If not, the gear should be modified to allow for this.

• -=Zeus=- likes this

#59 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,905 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:07 AM

One would think that someone rappelling into such a hole could be pulled up by the rope he went down on.  If not, the gear should be modified to allow for this.

They could. But that just illustrates the insidious nature of panic. And in rescue work it's definitely preferable (and how they're trained) to bring someone up (or down) with another rescuer holding on to the person being rescued (or the Stokes basket they might be packed in), even if the victim is already on-rope themselves.

They perceived no threat, so continued with established procedure (i.e. their training) as the panic pretty much prevented them from becoming aware of anything beyond their friends apparently dying right in front of them. 

• -=Zeus=- and Alder Logs like this

#60 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,384 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

watching the news hurts sometimes

• Stoned Angel likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!