• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 MountainGuardian

MountainGuardian

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

Here I keep some of the bacon slabs aside for cooking as roasts when I process the hogs. I cook up a 4 or 5 pound bacon slab in covered roast pan over night (8 to 10 hours) with about a gallon of water, some black pepper, touch of rock salt, some celery seed and a bit of rubbed sage at about 220F. I then pour off most of the broth into a container and remove the very well cooked bacon slabs.

I then add the turkey to the pan, fill it with stuffing, fill the pan around the turkey with carrots, onions and celery, I add my spices some more rubbed sage, black pepper, some butter atop the turkey along with a couple tablespoons of honey. I then return about 1/2 gallon of the former bacon slab broth to the roast pan and about 1/2 gallon fresh water. I cook the turkey over night in the covered roast pan at about 220F again for about 8 to 10 hours.

By morning the turkey is still intact, but so moist it nearly falls apart into it's seperate pieces when you move it. I remove the stuffing and then turkey seperating it into it's pieces placing on a platter and then I combine the turkey broth to what is left of the bacon slab broth and use that for my gravy base and for my meat sauces.

This makes for the juiciest tastiest turkey I have ever eaten.... my mouth is watering just thinking about it.... I may have to make a test run or two before thanksgiving.... again... lol...

Edited by MountainGuardian, 11 November 2016 - 04:27 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#22 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,279 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:11 PM

I would like to try some of that, MountainGuardian! Sounds delish :)
  • MountainGuardian likes this

#23 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,826 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:38 AM

Tha fuck is going on here?

I live in a cell dead spot....

yeah I know. . . you're one to talk. . .dick. . . HA!

went to the workshop...dunno what  happened after that. . .

you should get back at me... [email protected] (any other fuckers think they know, should try and get at me also)

Fucking holy hell. . .All Hail The Weave!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!