Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Site Performance, Caching, Javascript, and General Weirdness

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Site Performance

How are things working now?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,781 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

Got a new lap top and changed internet providers, so its hard to judge accurately on the speed (seems faster), but besides that every thing seems to do what I ask it.

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,851 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

Still spastic as hell here for me, including catattack's avatars changing for unknown reasons. 

Sometimes when I click, "mark this forum read," it tells me I do not have permission...

Sometimes I get a thing pop up about ad blocks. 

I get still one of two formats of the login when I go to login. 

Sometimes it seems to remember who I am, and sometimes it doesn't. 

• CatsAndBats likes this

#23 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

UI is pretty spazzy, I have to refresh a number of times in order to get the correct attachment function, and the notification drop down only works sporadically..

ps alder, i almost spit out my coffee when I read your post.

#24 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

I found out that my problem was I didn't have a new enough version of Google, i.e. Chrome. It didn't want to load on my dinosaur computer, but with a bit of coaxing...All Bueno!!!

I even got my name spelled right, if there is someone like Zen who can merge accounts, or delete old ones, let me know.

#25 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:07 PM

working great today!

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,851 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

I dunno, that avatar changed again.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#27 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,851 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

I'd have to say that yes, things are acting pretty normal today.  Did someone push the right button last night?

#28 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

my avatars are funny!

#29 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

Ok, I have reset the poll for the week of December 6, here was last weeks numbers.

post-62591-0-42792500-1417900385.png

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 4.10.05 PM.png

#30 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,851 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

I got my sticker! 

I VOTED (twice)

#31 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Here is my number 1 king bitch since the migration. I have shit ton of threads bookmarked shit tons for referances. if I go to my book mark select any thread from the old platform I cant pull them up. If I go to search sa example put in buckaroo banzi bulk nugget tek guess what it cant be found. It sucks because everything I spent hours and hors reading through for gems I cannot acess, and going to google doesnt help 1 bit either. Bad enough you couldnt sve the site on another port do the migration, get it solid, then back up in 8 hrs and change the port number be done, it took months and months 2 trys  and now year later still cant even navigate the damn site to find threads I have saved.

What about the few people that had pages of thier links gathered, buckaroo, eat ou, ect cant aces thoe at all, shit sucks ass!!!!!!!

Edited by stonestare, 06 December 2014 - 08:55 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#32 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

Here is my number 1 king bitch since the migration. I have shit ton of threads bookmarked shit tons for referances. if I go to my book mark select any thread from the old platform I cant pull them up. If I go to search sa example put in buckaroo banzi bulk nugget tek guess what it cant be found. It sucks because everything I spent hours and hors reading through for gems I cannot acess, and going to google doesnt help 1 bit either. Bad enough you couldnt sve the site on another port do the migration, get it solid, then back up in 8 hrs and change the port number be done, it took months and months 2 trys  and now year later still cant even navigate the damn site to find threads I have saved.

What about the few people that had pages of thier links gathered, buckaroo, eat ou, ect cant aces thoe at all, shit sucks ass!!!!!!!

Is this the thread you were trying to find?

https://mycotopia.ne...-½-gallon-jars/

For me, running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, using Google Chrome and/or Firefox, all seems mainly normal here for me with the site, but we all use it different ways.

#33 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,781 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:38 PM

As much as I love this site and the people here, I see Stone's point. The mitigation from the old site to this one never seemed to work correctly, no matter how many days (or weeks, or months) the site was down.

I don't want to be disrespectful for the work that has been done, and god knows I don't understand it, nor can I be of any real assistance with doing it. But as an end user it can be, and most definitely has been frustrating at times.

#34 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,686 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

I don't see any difference at all. Except tapatalk sucks worse than usual.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#35 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

I probably need to update it again. They fucking make so many releases and have what seems like zero schedule that I cannot keep up. Get more than a version or two down and shit stops working properly.

I've reset the poll again people, please let us know if things are any better for you! Looks like last week or so the majority said things are fine/improved. Workin it out!

• niemandgeist likes this

#36 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

I probably need to update it again. They fucking make so many releases and have what seems like zero schedule that I cannot keep up. Get more than a version or two down and shit stops working properly.

I've reset the poll again people, please let us know if things are any better for you! Looks like last week or so the majority said things are fine/improved. Workin it out!

All still seems well, but I mainly access this site/forum from Ubuntu Linux (various distros) from my netbook and desktop with Firefox or Google Chrome.

Long live Zen_ and the other sysadmins who deal with so much tedium and whatnot. I can relate... I've never been a caretaker of a site like this, never anything so large, but I have done (and occasionally do, and WOW do like 99% of all people think our skills and know-how are worthless!!!  What? You mean you need me to have full access to FTP and more and must program/script with Javascript AJAX/JQuery/Bash/PHP/MySQL/etc.) webdesign and stuff so I KNOW how annoying it can be. Long live those who take care and maintain sites we love!) some laborious maintenance work.

People think to seem that all we do is type a few things and BANG BINGO BOOM it all works!

UGH!

Haha, oh well!

I'm glad that, for me, Topia has been A-OK for a while now. :biggrin:

• Ares and Bombadil like this

#37 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

Mine is working fine now. I just can't vote, so here's my vote, Holy balls dude, what did.....

#38 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

^^ Hrm, looks like I cleared the votes but not the votes. lol - stupid technology.

I have cleared the poll, feel free to vote now. 2nd week December poll.

#39 WorldSeedSupply

WorldSeedSupply

World Seed Supply

• Advertiser
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

Site seems to load, but having issues with pm's loading. 

• CatsAndBats likes this

#40 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

Please PM me to help toubleshoot.

• CatsAndBats likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!