#22 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,415 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

I am continually reading really interesting stuff about the fungi world, almost to where I can't tell which is believable.

So like the substance itself, a real trickster, that presents reality as if it were truth, and vice versa!!

Myc piss........hmummammmm!!!

And I'm really looking at the agar with antibiotics in the mix. Sounds like "how would it make it through the pressure cooking?".

Edited by happy4nic8r, 18 February 2015 - 07:00 PM.

#23 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,058 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Antibiotics are horrible imo , which ones do you refer to? You know they are planning on banning them in soaps etc because they don't work and breed super-viruses ...

Curious what antibiotic substances you plan on using.

FDA proposes ban on antibacterial soaps

http://www.bostonglo...MHaN/story.html

Antibiotic resistance: delaying the inevitable

http://evolution.ber...cle/medicine_03

Edited by hyphaenation, 18 February 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#24 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,415 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

It was actually on the patent website for the Chanterelles patented spwan. 

Again in the archives in Seeker2be's daily Log of the Aloha scholarship he attended.

They had a few hundred recipes for agar and among them were a dozen that included cillins, and cyclins.

I guess it's kind of the same sort of thing, counter=attack, pre=emptive strike, 

I also saw it referred to in the United Nations report on world hunger and mushroom cultivation.

Like antibiotics aren't more expensive than food? 

• Gloid likes this

#25 zakna

zakna

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

Actually yeah I was doing work on this exact same thing and I actually managed to have my p. Stip crush out some trick completely and utterly destroy it then produce fruits. But yeah I had a thread and some randoms says it was a silly idea and I should just work on being clean.. I basically bathe in bleach before working with mushrooms in a not so metaphorical sense .. but you know. Anyways It was just some thoughts of mine and I fully support anyone working at anything like this, to learn and advance is the goal.
  • Gloid likes this

#26 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,058 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

Trich... pronounced "Trick" is tricky... it can be prevented, but killing it when you have it in a substrate... that is a big claim, necessitating proof. Sometimes of course you can get a flush even with it. But for it to disappear and then you get 3 further flushes without it... now thats something.
  • catattack likes this

#27 zakna

zakna

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

I have proof :)

#28 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,704 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

I have proof :)

Fingers tapping.... K prove it!

#29 zakna

zakna

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

Just posted new thread *bow*

#30 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,058 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:34 PM

Imagine the millions you can make from a sure-fire provable way to kill trichoderma in substrates with 100% dependability. Congrats man... you got Stamets beat. Mushroom farmers worldwide will be singing your name.... one thing, where's the proof? Got a link?
  • coorsmikey likes this

#31 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,058 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

Eager to see it, thanks. Will review and comment.

#32 zakna

zakna

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...ell-trichs-Ass-)
  • happy4nic8r likes this

#33 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,704 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:50 PM

I posted in your other thread... repeat? I beat trich more times that I can count. But sometimes trich wins! That is quite the claim. microbe77 just posted a thread with patent claiming the same, maybe you should apply for a patent.

#34 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,415 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

FME, when your "best bud" patents you idea, and makes a bundle of cash, you will really know how not funny that is.

#35 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,415 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

links anyone? 

Antibiotic Agar

AB

H2O

500 mL

Agar

10 g

Levaquin           :L

25 g

Doxycycline     :D

25 g

Amoxicillin      :A

25 g

Sefdinir            :CEF

25 g

Ciprofloxacin   :CIP

25 g

Azithromyacin :AZI

25 g

Cephalexin       :CLX

25 g

Cycloheximide (Dr. Dan’s Favorite antibiotic)

Put 1 mL of 1% cycloheximide solution in through filtered syringe and into any 1L of media (malt and potato based recommended). To make 1% cycloheximide solution weight out 0.1 g of cycloheximide and bring solution up to 10 mL with water.

• Gloid likes this

#36 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,058 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

Having an interesting time reading about the dangers of all those antibiotics you list above.

#37 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,415 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

I think it's sort of interesting that they put 2.5 times the amount of agars worth of antibiotics in what would be each batch.

The link didn't look like that in the agar recipe book, I'm guessing these are individual additives, not all at once.

Having an interesting time reading about the dangers of all those antibiotics you list above.

What dangers and to whom? It's not my list, by the way, from the archives.

#38 URwutUeat

URwutUeat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:07 AM

In the wonderful world of weed growing... trich is good.... but there's another pesky mold... powdery mildew, that will overtake certain kush strains.

One way of getting rid of it organically is using baking soda. Think it's 4 teaspoons/gallon of water as a foliar spray. I'm pretty sure it has to do with PH.

I wonder what the PH tolerance of cube myc is? They use lime baths for certain edibles that raises the PH so high contams won't grow. Growing in places where people can't afford autoclaves/sterilizers. Next time you feel like going iron mike with somer trich... try baking soda ( acid i think) or a high base solution.

Just a thought.

#39 catattack

catattack

Mountain Gringo Hairball ™

• OG VIP
  • 5,993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:17 AM

I had a 6qt zombie tub that had some sort of green mold that I treated with just h2o2 3% and it kept kicking out fruit bodies and stopped showing SIGNS of contamination..

#40 blackdustt

blackdustt

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

Imagine the millions you can make from a sure-fire provable way to kill trichoderma in substrates with 100% dependability. Congrats man... you got Stamets beat. Mushroom farmers worldwide will be singing your name.... one thing, where's the proof? Got a link?

Someone told me this

To grain... use around 1-5% by volume of pickling Lime, Calcium Hydroxide.

To you subs, add around 1-5% by volume of pickling lime, dol lime, gypsum, calcitic lime, crushed/powdered oyster shell,

whatever you have on hand really...

Your Trich mean green ventures will be over with for the most part ime...

Also, Penn State

A few fungi are serious threats to the mushroom crop. Most recently, a Trichoderma green mold epidemic swept through mushroom crops for 3 years causing major losses measured in the $100 to $200 million. Improved sanitation, hygiene, fly control and the application of benomyl to mushroom spawn before the spawn is mixed with the substrate have reduced the continuing threat to 5% to 10% crop loss. When Trichloderma green mold was at its worst, crop yields were reduced an average of 35%, with a range of 20% to 80%. The other benzimidazole with a mushroom label, thiabendazole, is a much less effective spawn treatment. Another persistent disease is caused by a species of the genus Verticillium. This disease, known as Verticillium spot and dry bubble, routinely causes crop losses between 15% and 60%, and at times 100%. Sanitation and farm hygiene are important management strategies for this disease, as is an effective insect management program. Fungicides registered for use on this disease include: chlorothalonil, benomyl and thiabendazole. These fungicides can reduce disease incidence between 25 and 55%, but this level of disease control is difficult to see in a crop. The most widely used fungicide used for control of Verticillium is chlorothalonil. Casing surface weed molds are mostly cosmetic, although their occurrence can be impeded by the use of any of the three labeled fungicides.    http://www.ipmcenter...pamushrooms.pdf 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!