• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 darkkon

darkkon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

for outside, nothing is needed besides shovel and water.

remove trich and get down to myc, score the myc to make it fruit, water the crap out of it for two days then day rest, it will fruit, trich will end or hault almost altogether, then if any returns repeat, and all is well.

inside, bleach and alcohol area, break off bleached area, then bleach dunk 24 hours, new tub pow. its usually a 50/50 shot, the outside has worked almost every time.

• Cue likes this

#42 greenosophy

greenosophy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

I don't get it what is this? I finished biology and kinda passionate, now starting understanding this beautiful part of biology but to me this out of understanding. Some maybe explain basics what is this. Metabolites for me sounds like they mean, but how you can use this and how to get it, I dunno

Edited by greenosophy, 20 December 2016 - 01:48 PM.

#43 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

Have you got a link to a grow where did this process?

#44 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:24 PM

I have tried human anti biotics mixed with water in a spray bottle before to spray areas of suspect bacteria infections of tubs and trich. I saw a difference in the bacterial areas but not the trich (prob due to being anti bac not anti fungal). I don't remember what they were tho, one was for a post surgery and the other was for girly issues.

Try tuff acting tinactin, our green trich is related to the foot fungus.

#45 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:06 PM

I have tried human anti biotics mixed with water in a spray bottle before to spray areas of suspect bacteria infections of tubs and trich. I saw a difference in the bacterial areas but not the trich (prob due to being anti bac not anti fungal). I don't remember what they were tho, one was for a post surgery and the other was for girly issues.

Try tuff acting tinactin, our green trich is related to the foot fungus.

You really are the RE-ANIMATOR!!

You sure picked a pretty cool thread to re-animate after it idled for five years! The metabolites seem to be more prevalent in contaminated colonies. I had never read this particular thread but I often post in relation to metabolites being an indicator of a sub or jar being contaminated. You will see metabolites collect in old spawn jars that are not used during their prime and in older substrates but when they are seen in relatively young subs and jars, it is an indication that a competitor is present.

I think there are two reasons that metabolites increase when contaminated. The first is that there is an antibacterial element to the metabolites them selves. I also speculate that metabolite production is increased due to stress and mycelium that is working harder due to encroaching contaminates.

I am a proponent of throwing away infected substrates rather than trying to save them. It is too easy to start new ones, I almost always have reserve jars that will be ready quickly, and substrate is easy enough to prepare. I don't let contaminated substrates linger in my grow area... This isn't entire true I guess, since I have two trich bags and a few jars sitting around right now that I haven't had time to remove but I certainly will never open them once contamination is recognized.

#46 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:21 PM

I felt this thread should not have died out, there was a lot of really good stuff here and great conversation between members.and it seems to have died without a good conclusion. I do a sniff test when I open my spawn and throw out anything that smells high and sweet, smells like a hospital or smells like bad girly parts. All these smells I associate with tams.
My old board always seemed to have a active thread concerning ways to fight tams in newbie grows without buying and using chems so they don't gotta dump their first grows.

This may sound stupid but tinactin has a effect on patches of trich but it will also kill your myc if you are too liberal with it.
I don't know if it's any better than a salt paste but it's better than h2o2 cause it don't burn the myc cause it don't soak thru the trich myc. Straight h202 will kill trich but it also kills cube myc. Burning it turning it yellow. I know everyone has there own way of doing things and what works for 1 don't have to work for everyone but give foot spray a shot.
I know I'm gonna start collecting myc piss cause it seems it may be useful if not for my subs then for my pot plants.
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#47 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 919 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:30 PM

I wanted to quickly chime in on my situation. Every time I grow reishi I have amazing spawn that smells fine, colonizes great but after about two weeks I start noticing small dots of trich floating on the metabolites. I'm always so dumbfounded at how the the little green speckles of trich live floating on the reishi metabolites.

Anyways, I'm trying to find out what I'm doing wrong... but I think my observations of trich floating and growing on reishi metabolites fits in here well.

• Salem likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!