5 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 10,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

been making this recipe since high school foods class. it is actually still written in my handwriting and the notebook paper now has a yellowish brown tint to it....yeah its that old! lol if i dont make my fudge every christmas i get complaints from my family. just made cookies one year and my moms like 'wheres the fudge?' 'eat your damn cookies and be happy mom!' lol  she has described it as better than sex but i dont think she has sex much..lol...need to type it up and print it out anyway as its getting hard to read. its a pita to make though.. when i first started making it i had a couple set fails and we were eating it with a spoon!..lol... but i learned the trick is getting it to that boiling point and keeping it there for 5 minutes. so here is my top secret fudge recipe...shhh!

Fantasy Fudge

3 cups sugar

3/4 cup butter

2/3 cup evaporated milk

12 oz. package semi sweet chocolate chips

1-7 oz jar of marshmallow fluff

1 cup chopped nuts(optional)

1 teaspoon vanilla

combine sugar, butter and milk in heavy saucepan. bring to full rolling boil stirring constantly to prevent scorching. continue boiling for 5 minutes over medium heat. remove from heat stir in chocolate chips until melted. add marshmallow fluff, nuts and vanilla. beat til well blended. pour into greased 13x9 in pan. cool at room temp. cut into squares once totally cooled. makes 3 pounds. 

do NOT put in fridge before you cut into squares... learned that one the hard way... it gets hard and crumbly which makes it impossible to cut up. 

the rest of my night and probably most the day tomorrow i will be making this fudge. you can also do different flavored chips like im about to do peanut butter then mint chocolate as well as the regular chocolate with nuts. ive also done butterscotch before but i think 9 pounds of fudge should be enough even for my huge family! 

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey, TurkeyRanch and 2 others like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,704 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

Ah crap! Thanks for reminding me! Gotta get the fudge going to hand out to my team. Do ya think we could up the ratios and pull it off in the PC?

#3 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 10,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

lol no probably not

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,644 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

And here I thought with a name like Fantasy Fudge, there might be some "shroomy additives" in this. Of course if it is for family, mine would probably not notice..... :tongue:

Sounds delicious either way......................................

Edited by Skywatcher, 20 December 2014 - 12:34 AM.

• TurkeyRanch and Juthro like this

#5 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 10,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

lol i have actually made fudge with hash oil before many years ago. i could put some mushrooms in some but i woudnt share any if i did that...lol

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#6 gardentoad

gardentoad

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:26 PM

I love to make this fudge recipe and do it several times a year.  The only difference in my recipe is that I like to use "green" butter.  It works beautifully.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!