• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

Farmer's markets would be a great place to start. Farmers LOVE to talk about their craft. Just say, 'Hey these look great! How do you keep 'em alive in this crazy heat?'

You'll get an earful. Once you open up a dialog, lots of cool things can happen!

• Juthro and tobh like this

#22 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,431 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

Sometimes your local extension service has recommendations for what grows well in your area as well.

Where I live my local extension service put us in touch with a gardening club that had a wealth of info for our area.

We are kind of on the other end of the spectrum though, rutabagas and kale are summer crops here, lol.

Good luck with your garden friend.
  • TastyBeverage and tobh like this

#23 tobh

tobh

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

Excellent, thanks for the advice TastyBeverage. I'll see when they're getting started up locally and see about getting in contact with some other growers. Would be good for the head too, been reclusive for months struggling with PTSD, might be good to get in touch with real people. The internet has been a safe haven, though not a "tangible" world per se.

Juthro, heh yeah I was in an area like that in 2013. Native to the desert though, got fed up with the crazy people and constant moisture in the PNW. I do miss it something fierce though. Was really an awesome area to live. But, with the desert comes interesting challenges and it also open up the grow season to a much more broad time frame to achieve excellent crops, edible and otherwise. Thanks for the luck and stopping by!

• Juthro likes this

#24 tobh

tobh

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

So, one of the avocados I have going is showing rust colored spots sporatically on a couple of the leaves. In cannabis this typically indicated a cal/mag deficiency. Is it unreasonable to assume these symptoms are unanimous across all varieties of plants? Or should I be considering other potential causes? Initially I thought it was nitrogen toxicity due to the end of one of the leaves appearing burnt. This happened a month ago though and the spots showed up between yesterday and today.

20150214_172246.jpg

20150214_172235.jpg

20150214_172221.jpg

EDIT: added photos.

Edited by tobh, 14 February 2015 - 08:43 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!