Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Reishi Ganoderma for the health of it...

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

I have been wanting to share this with everybody for a while now. I have read about the Reishi ganoderma and the health benefits behind it. Reishi is said to boost the immune system and reverse the effects of cancer by shrinking tumors. It is also said to be able to help an individual with respiratory problems. I have had to deal with asthma and allergies as long as I can remember. I would go through life using nasal spray almost daily to keep from being congested. This is the great part, as soon as I started using Reishi tea(actually I make it tincture) my sinus congestion has all but gone away. I cannot vouch for any of the other benefits that it is said to obtain. Although just going through life and being able to breathe normally is worth it.
I am no expert by any means although I have success in growing these wonderful mushrooms and would like to take you on a journey to show you how I do it. My last batch of mushrooms are about ready to be harvested. Before I do that I would like to start by making a clone and going from there.image.jpg
First flush
image.jpg
2nd flush used for this clone.
  • coorsmikey, Mycomaniac2007, roscoe and 6 others like this

#2 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

I am a big fan of reishi but have not grown it for a while since I don't have the space. 

But then I found this little nugget.

[Direct Link]

• PsyBearknot, Needles, Heirloom and 2 others like this

#3 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Very cool video link cyclenaut. I may have to give lions mane a try next. Thank you again seeker2be for the agar recipe list. I have malt honey agar with a extra three grams of oak sawdust plus three grams of wheat bran now in my pc.

#4 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

Well the plates are poured and cooling I came up a few short but that will be okay.

#5 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:06 PM

I will try to ad photos as I go. This one missed the last post.image.jpg

#6 LoveOverWar

LoveOverWar

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:44 AM

I agree, Reishi is a great mushroom. I couldnt say how well it worked but it gave me peace of mind knowing that i was consuming it and the health properties that were associated with it.

I used to make a thermos of 1 tablespoon reishi and 1 tablespoon chaga, and i would add a teabag of green or black tea or sometimes even both to give it more flavor for work, and it allways made people look and wonder how i could drink it or what it was, But i felt privileged to have a open mind and care about my health so much.

Never did try growing it but did find a large 1x1 foot specimen outdoors aswell as a few smaller ones. Maybe ill upload a picture later.

Id like to see more if your growing it.

Keep me posted

• Needles, Microbe and wharfrat like this

#7 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

I agree, Reishi is a great mushroom. I couldnt say how well it worked but it gave me peace of mind knowing that i was consuming it and the health properties that were associated with it.
I used to make a thermos of 1 tablespoon reishi and 1 tablespoon chaga, and i would add a teabag of green or black tea or sometimes even both to give it more flavor for work, and it allways made people look and wonder how i could drink it or what it was, But i felt privileged to have a open mind and care about my health so much.
Never did try growing it but did find a large 1x1 foot specimen outdoors aswell as a few smaller ones. Maybe ill upload a picture later.
Keep me posted

That's funny, I get the same reactions from people. I tell them that it's mushroom tea and most have no concept. All they can think of is a slimy something in a drink or that it might be magical LOL. I am hoping to have success with this grow and at the end of this thread show how to make the tincture. I will be making a clone tonight and adding some more photos so please stop back.

#8 LoveOverWar

LoveOverWar

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Keep me posted

That's funny, I get the same reactions from people. I tell them that it's mushroom tea and most have no concept. All they can think of is a slimy something in a drink or that it might be magical LOL. I am hoping to have success with this grow and at the end of this thread show how to make the tincture. I will be making a clone tonight and adding some more photos so please stop back.

Yeah, its kind of funny, but whatever, not your loss.

I once read about certain mushrooms for tinctures and know that some of the goodies are not soluble in alcohol.

I would suggest making a strong tea from it and then making a extract from the alcohol and combining both and either evaporating to get a resin tincture or you can add that to alcohol again and try dissolve it.

• Needles likes this

#9 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

I once read about certain mushrooms for tinctures and know that some of the goodies are not soluble in alcohol.

I would suggest making a strong tea from it and then making a extract from the alcohol and combining both and either evaporating to get a resin tincture or you can add that to alcohol again and try dissolve it.

If you do the alcohol extraction first you can then put the alcohol and mushrooms into a crock pot or on the stove (NO OPEN FLAMES) and keep adding water until all of the alcohol has steamed off leaving you with a more complete extraction.

• MsBehavin420 likes this

#10 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

From what I have read there are alcohol soluble particles and water-soluble particles both. Kind of jumping ahead a little bit but I will take and soak pieces of the mushroom in hundred proof for at least four week, shaking every day. After the four weeks I drain and press the particles. Putting that extract aside, I then will take and simmer the mushroom pieces in water for a few hours. Once the water-soluble particles have been released I mix them together for my tincture. I will only use about half of a shot a day. It may take some time but I plan on sharing my tek with photos....
  • Sicshroom and raymycoto like this

#11 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,869 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

awesome.. i'm pulling up a chair

• Needles likes this

#12 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:22 PM

Just finished transferring seven pieces of Reishi mushroom mycelium onto those plates of agar.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• wharfrat likes this

#13 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

Started by wiping down the table and trying to keep everything as clean as possible. Using a iodine tincture, I wiped down the mushrooms outside then took a sterile scalpel blade and made a small slit in the bottom of the stem. Next step was to tear the fruit body down the middle. Tearing the mushroom down the middle allows you to take tissue samples of an area not infected with contamination. It still possible to get contamination, I use a propane torch sterilizing the scalpel blade between each transfer. I also use laboratory tape or parafilm . It's seals the dish but still allows fae. Hopefully everything went well and I have at least one or two plates that I can work with.

• Heirloom likes this

#14 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

I am still trying to figure out how to post here and add photos

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• wharfrat and Sicshroom like this

#15 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,869 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

I am still trying to figure out how to post here and add photos

just like that! nice job.. looking forward to more!!!!

• Needles likes this

#16 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

It has only been 20 hours and the mushroom transfers are starting to fuzz up. Hopefully by tomorrow night I will be able to get a photo to share.

I am pretty stoked I just got back from the Feedmill with 100 pounds rye for .25 a pound. I am set for this spring.

image.jpg
  • LoveOverWar likes this

#17 LoveOverWar

LoveOverWar

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

It has only been 20 hours and the mushroom transfers are starting to fuzz up. Hopefully by tomorrow night I will be able to get a photo to share.

I am pretty stoked I just got back from the Feedmill with 100 pounds rye for .25 a pound. I am set for this spring.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I love how fast transfers grow on agar, wait a extra day. sometimes its worth the wait, lol

Omg 25 cents a lb, Im dreaming. I payed $65 for a 50 lb bag off amazon.

You say you bought it at a feedmill, where can i find one near me, is that what exactly what they are called or do they go by any other names?

#18 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

I am pretty stoked I just got back from the Feedmill with 100 pounds rye for .25 a pound. I am set for this spring.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I love how fast transfers grow on agar, wait a extra day. sometimes its worth the wait, lol
Omg 25 cents a lb, Im dreaming. I payed $65 for a 50 lb bag off amazon.
You say you bought it at a feedmill, where can i find one near me, is that what exactly what they are called or do they go by any other names?
The rye berries that you get from a feedmill are for planting. There is always a chance that there may be fungicide on it but a slim one. I have never had that problem. You may have got berries that are for human consumption, organically grown. I am used to paying $.75 a pound for this stuff. They sell it for $.25 a pound if you get 50lb bags. Try your phone book for feed dealers. Some may go by different names but most of them have Feedmill in their name. They cater more to people that have livestock. You can get millet there too for way less than bagged seed if you like birdseed.

#19 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:03 AM

Four of the seven dishes are showing growth so I am happy with that. I made a few more clones and the grain to grain transfer. I had some more fun with agar tonight. hard to see but these clones are taking off nicely, they have not jumped to the agar yet but hopefully soon.image.jpg image.jpg

Grain master from my last clone
image.jpg

#20 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:07 AM

Oops looks like I am seeing double lol.
This is the other plate I ment to post