Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Reishi Ganoderma for the health of it...

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 BushwickBill

BushwickBill

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

They sell big ol' planks of dried reishi down at the Chinese herbal stores in Chinatown.  is this a good source for Reishi?  Has anyone successfully cloned from dried tissue?

#82 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,619 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

They sell big ol' planks of dried reishi down at the Chinese herbal stores in Chinatown.  is this a good source for Reishi?  Has anyone successfully cloned from dried tissue?

How much per pound?

Roomis, those are some nice looking bags and certainly some alien looking shrooms. 

Question about your logs, how do you keep them hydrated?

#83 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,395 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:26 PM

I read somewhere that someone used dried mushrooms to clone, I haven't tried to myself but cant hurt to try. Rieshi mycelium is very hardy and fast growing.

#84 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,395 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

[quote name="happy4nic8r" post="1229033" timestamp="1432576654"][quote name="BushwickBill" post="1229014" timestamp="1432562454"]

Question about your logs, how do you keep them hydrated?[/quote]
I kept them in a FC in the past. Room temperature is great. This batch I just kept them by a window with the bag top open. I used a spray bottle to mist the inside of the bag.

#85 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,395 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

I harvested this batch of reishi today. I let the block dry a little bit and used a ginsue to trim the outer mycelial mat just enought not to cut into the sawdust. Trimming the mushrooms in the same way was next. Now for the tincture.......
image.jpg

#86 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,395 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

I have asked many people if they would like a sip out of one of these jars. I have not had one taker on the offer. To tell the truth I would not try it either, just the looks of it can be scary. On the left are the mushrooms cut and the right is the mycelial mat from the sawdust blocks. I have covered the mushrooms with 100 proof vodka and let it set for three weeks, shaking once a day. It will set in the jars for three more weeks befor the tincture gets filtered. After six weeks the mushrooms will be filtered and put into a pot of water just covering the mushrooms. I simmer slowly for about two hours in a uncovered pot. That tea is filtered and mixed with the alcohol tincture. Then refrigerate for daily use. About a quarter of a shot glass twice a day seems to be enough.
This stuff is very bitter. I like to take a quarter shot of tincture mix it with green tea and cranberry juice. I have become found of this stuff, maybe cuz of the 100 proof lol or maybe becuse of the noticeable health benefits.
image.jpg
  • Arathu, wharfrat, happy4nic8r and 2 others like this

#87 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,619 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

That looks a lot better than the stuff a friend of mine used to make.

He swore by this stuff, but it looked and smelled so bad I couldn't do it.

It was black and thick, like syrup. I don't know what he was doing, but your's looks quite edible, and if the smell is anything like cubes in alcohol, it's not that bad.

I found my infusion of cubes with 190 proof took almost a month to clear and be palatable.

Unfortunately it isn't as strong as I thought it would be.

I get mostly an alcohol buzz, but this is my first attempt.

• Needles likes this

#88 Mycomaniac2007

Mycomaniac2007

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:53 PM

Great grow log , very detailed and easy to follow. Right on , I always forget to cruise the edibles...
  • Needles likes this

#89 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Needles could you recommend a model # or name of a waring blender that you think is the best to make my own mason jar mixer.

#90 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

Whoa...I didn't see this one..............I'll take a sip out of those tinctures............... :biggrin:

A

#91 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,395 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

Needles could you recommend a model # or name of a waring blender that you think is the best to make my own mason jar mixer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182546271271

This is the kind, it has a pinwheel style base and blade. This is the first one I found, you can shop for a better deal. I find them at Goodwill for cheep but their hard to find. PM me if you get one and I will help you with the assembly.....
  • Arathu and Heirloom like this

#92 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:15 PM

Thanks , I'll pm when I get it.

#93 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

Roomisigloomis,
I've missed your thread but want to say ,your work so far is amazing,keep at it man.
I wish you'd share your technique of mounting a blender blade set onto the mason jar lids like in your photo,this would be beneficial to many on this forum.
Keepem growing ToRn

you can just use The Magic Bullet. They plop right on my pint jars

#94 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 622 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

Roomisigloomis,
I've missed your thread but want to say ,your work so far is amazing,keep at it man.
I wish you'd share your technique of mounting a blender blade set onto the mason jar lids like in your photo,this would be beneficial to many on this forum.
Keepem growing ToRn

you can just use The Magic Bullet. They plop right on my pint jars

I think there is an earlier comment on this thread about the bullet blender blade / top assembly melting in the PC.

#95 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

They can be steamed in a dishwasher...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!