Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

RATS! Your guide to protecting yourself against snitches, informers, informants, agents provocateurs, narcs, finks, and similar vermin

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

I found this online just today. Most of it is common sense, but I felt it would be interesting to peruse:

http://rats-nosnitch.com/rats/

That is the link to the free web book. It is very, very long so I don't want to post it here. There is some interesting stuff there.

However, for convenience, I downloaded the full website/book, compressed it into a ZIP archive, and have attached it below. The file download is less than 300 kilobytes.

[attachment=1111400:rats_book.zip]

A quick description of the book, from the book, about who this book may be useful to, and for who it will not be:

This book is for you if ...

You are a non-violent person engaged in any activity that may be controversial, illegal, or merely "sensitive" or unconventional. These days, anything out of the ordinary can make you a target.

Some people who could use this book:

• Anti-war or environmental activists
  • Recreational drug users
  • Participants in the underground economy or anybody who does business in cash
  • Critics of local or national powers-that-be
  • Anyone whose profession involves "sensitive" information or activities
  • Gun owners or dealers
  • Third-party or "fringe" political activists
  • Hobbyists who work with dangerous materials
  • Photographers/videographers
  • Religious dissidents
  • People with offshore or unconventional investments (including perfectly legitimate ones)

It doesn't matter where you fall in the political spectrum or even if you're apolitical. If police might target you or your activities, you need to understand how snitches could mess up your life.

This book is NOT for you if ...

You aim to commit violence against innocent people. In that case, reporting on you isn't snitching, it's self defense.

• Sidestreet, MycoDani, wildedibles and 4 others like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,768 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

The words of a friend seem to be most applicable here.

"No confidant can ever betray, all the words you did not say."

• MycoDani, coorsmikey, AGAMA and 7 others like this

#3 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

I read the book in whole last night and this morning.

I highly recommend checking out the following sections, because I thought I knew a bunch, but I learned  more than a new thang or fifteen!:

What Happens when you Get Busted? --- http://rats-nosnitch.com/rats/#ch16

The Reid Interrogation Technique --- http://rats-nosnitch.com/rats/#ch26

They really, really get into what you should/should not do, if you get arrested by LEO and interrogated, etc. VERY useful information with great examples. The breakdown of the Reid interrogation technique is great.

Also, found this article detailing an abstract study today about how carefully planned interrogation techniques can get just about anyone to BELIEVE and ADMIT to committing crimes they never have:

http://m.pss.sagepub...562862.abstract

Constructing Rich False Memories of Committing Crime
 Authors
Abstract

Memory researchers long have speculated that certain tactics may lead people to recall crimes that never occurred, and thus could potentially lead to false confessions. This is the first study to provide evidence suggesting that full episodic false memories of committing crime can be generated in a controlled experimental setting. With suggestive memory-retrieval techniques, participants were induced to generate criminal and noncriminal emotional false memories, and we compared these false memories with true memories of emotional events. After three interviews, 70% of participants were classified as having false memories of committing a crime (theft, assault, or assault with a weapon) that led to police contact in early adolescence and volunteered a detailed false account. These reported false memories of crime were similar to false memories of noncriminal events and to true memory accounts, having the same kinds of complex descriptive and multisensory components. It appears that in the context of a highly suggestive interview, people can quite readily generate rich false memories of committing crime.

Article Notes
  • Declaration of Conflicting Interests The authors declared that they had no conflicts of interest with respect to their authorship or the publication of this article.

• Funding We acknowledge the financial support of the University of British Columbia through the Lashley and Mary Haggman Memory Research Award and the financial support of the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada.

• Supplemental Material Additional supporting information can be found at http://pss.sagepub.c...pplemental-data

• Received February 5, 2014.
  • Accepted November 14, 2014.
  • © The Author(s) 2015
  1. Published online before print January 14, 2015, doi: 10.1177/0956797614562862 Psychological Science January 14, 2015 0956797614562862

In short:

Know your rights dealing with LEO. NEVER talk to LEO or Government agents. Understand that the Reid interrogation technique is all about psychological mindgames and that you should never, ever try to outsmart LEO or Government agents.

Keep your mouth SHUT and understand that LEO and Government agents can, and will, LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE.

When I was younger there was an ex of mine, very very unstable, who lied and accused me of crimes.

All it took was her word with NO EVIDENCE to get a temporary restraining order on me and practically ruin my life.

I was STUPID and even though my folks got me a lawyer I didn't KNOW this shit and a detective scared me into going to talk to him.

Stupidly, I signed the Miranda card.

Fortunately, nothing ever came of it, but that could have RUINED MY LIFE.

NEVER EVER talk to the police.

Fortunately, the detective either didn't see a case or I actually outsmarted him.

He scared me into talking to him. "Oh, your lawyer said not to talk? Are you hiding something? Let's clear this up." Etc. Etc.

"I have evidence here and video..." blah blah blah.

"We need to clear this up now before it gets ugly."

"I can come and pick you up. Take you out for coffee. Pizza? What food to you like? I'll pay. I just want to help you."

LIES!

If they had anything they wouldn't NEED to talk to me!

I also had a good defense lawyer, hard evidence, witness testimony, etc. during the court date when a judge was supposed to decide whether or not to finalize the restraining order.

The woman dropped EVERYTHING so I won. I found out later that she had done the same thing to several exes of hers (All of them were stalkers/evil/etc. like she said I was, but it was all lies). THEY didn't have lawyers so they all lost and had their lives ruined.

Here's a great Youtube video lecture from a professional detective/interrogator AND a law professor. Long video but a MUST SEE:

[Direct Link]

Edited by niemandgeist, 18 January 2015 - 02:30 PM.

• Fresh Brewed, wildedibles and burp like this

#4 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

...and open source to boot...

...good job, niemandgeist!

#5 Hephaestus

Hephaestus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 31 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

Here's a great Youtube video lecture from a professional detective/interrogator AND a law professor. Long video but a MUST SEE:

Well worth the time to watch AND take notes.

#6 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

This nicely compliments another handy guide (and they should both be stickied in the R&R forum IMO):

https://mycotopia.ne...ndercover-pigs/

Edited by TVCasualty, 01 February 2015 - 02:29 AM.

• wildedibles likes this

#7 papa_legba

papa_legba

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 364 posts

Donator

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

good stuff

#8 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

Excellent video!

#9 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 938 posts

Donator

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:52 PM

Ditto

#10 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,418 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:36 AM

Ronald Reagan may not have been a very good actor or president (is there a difference?) but he sure knew how to handle himself on the witness stand during interrogations. That man never once plead the 5th. Instead he just kept responding with "I really can't recall. I apologize but I just don't remember. I just honestly can't recall. I would like to be helpful but my memory isn't as good as it used to be." He must have responded that way 100 times or more to questions about the Contras. I like to think of it as the Reagan defence tactic. It accomplishes the same thing as pleading the 5th while not making it look like you are blatantly trying to avoid self incrimination.
I would have some respect for the Florida governor ricky scott (lower case intentional) if he had done that instead of pleading the 5th 75 times during the trial for the biggest medicare corruption scandal in US history. He was either one of the most corrupt CEOs in US history, or if he truly was unaware of the massive amount of fraud occuring on his watch, one of the most inept.
I kinda went off on a rant there. My apologies.

Edited by dead_diver, 01 September 2015 - 05:18 AM.

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

If anyone is concerned about whether there are any snitches lurking in their life, they should ask themselves two questions: "Am I doing anything that is worth that kind of effort to LEOs?" And if the answer to that is "yes," the next question to ask is "Is there anyone new in my life?" If so, that's the person to be concerned about (assuming no one else you know has been recently busted yet went right back to whatever they were doing just a little too quickly...).

• Sidestreet likes this

#12 Ovoideocystidiata

Ovoideocystidiata

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:00 PM

there is only one rule(theoretically), don't get caught.

Edited by Ovoideocystidiata, 08 November 2015 - 07:01 PM.

#13 rainbowsmurf

rainbowsmurf

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:40 AM

An almost brilliant post. Will definitely have to re read it.

Made me think of that saying.. Loose lips sink ships. If you don't want anyone to know your business. Keep it shut. A secret is no longer a secret if anyone other than yourself knows it  :biggrin:

I did in fact go back and re read this over several coffees and a mellow smoke....  Its a bit long winded and possibly a lot of it does not apply to the UK. A good reminder message though, to always use common sense, stay safe and secure what ever you are doing. 

Edited by rainbowsmurf, 21 April 2016 - 09:14 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!