57 replies to this topic

#21 BlackPeter17

BlackPeter17

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,347 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

I hope this isn't too off topic... My thoughts and prayers are with those individuals from TGS. I also wanted to say that the actions taken and proposed resolution by Zen and the others here makes me even more please to be part of such a great community!

I will also send Zen a pm to see how I might be able to help.  :hug:

you know I was thinking about this kinda for a while.  it seems to me that while it sucks to be on the shitty end of the stick in this deal, it will be made right.  on the other hand something more serious is obviously happening to a loved member of our home.  personally it doesn't matter to me what the circumstances are, I hope Mrs. Hippie3 is ok.  It worries me more so that she's been out of contact then that there has been unfilled orders.   :sad:

• Zen_, coorsmikey, PsyBearknot and 5 others like this

#22 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Hmm. I thought I'd posted this already here, but I guess not...

I had sent some original art of mine to Mrs. Hippie3 for a belated birthday gift, but she never got back to me as to whether or not she got it at the Topia PO box. Hopefully she did and it's helping her somehow. I hope she'll be OK because she seems like such a nice person. Let's hope it's nothing too serious. :ohmy:

#23 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,783 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Shiitakegrower, and Direwolf both make very valid points. While I find it unacceptable that someone would have to wait over three months for an order, I do not think for an instant that Mrs H is trying to take anyones money unfairly, or be deceptive here. I feel that the circumstances that have played out here where out of her direct control.

She obviously has bigger real world problems right now, and I wish her the best in dealing with them.

Now with that said, the fact that this place has come together to make it right for the people that slipped through the cracks is amazing.

Way to rise to the challenge people. Good job.
  • Zen_, coorsmikey, TurkeyRanch and 3 others like this

#24 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,953 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

I hope this isn't too off topic... My thoughts and prayers are with those individuals from TGS. I also wanted to say that the actions taken and proposed resolution by Zen and the others here makes me even more please to be part of such a great community!

I will also send Zen a pm to see how I might be able to help.  :hug:

On the other hand something more serious is obviously happening to a loved member of our home.  personally it doesn't matter to me what the circumstances are, I hope Mrs. Hippie3 is ok.  It worries me more so that she's been out of contact then that there has been unfilled orders.   :sad:

Juthro said:

Quote,"Shiitakegrower, and Direwolf both make very valid points. While I find it unacceptable that someone would have to wait over three months for an order, I do not think for an instant that Mrs H is trying to take anyones money unfairly, or be deceptive here. I feel that the circumstances that have played out here where out of her direct control.

She obviously has bigger real world problems right now, and I wish her the best in dealing with them."

:hug: 

I am glad to see these statements come forward. I have been quite worried about our founder MrsHip since this came to light. In all the time I have been here, I have never known her to not check in with the exception of when there were PC problems preventing so.

There are obviously some serious life issues ripping at someone I respect, and consider my friend. My heart and best wishes are turned to her, and want only to send a vibe of love and compassion, and the hope that situations improve.

The outpouring of site support shown in this thread, and all the unsolicited offers to help out with great generosity in time of need from all, trully makes me appreciate this community even more.

(I did not think that possible)

You are all awesome people, real ones. We forget sometimes in cyberland, that the people behind the avatar are genuine people, and I for one am honored to be in this fine company.

Edited by Skywatcher, 29 January 2015 - 09:43 PM.

• Zen_, coorsmikey, PsyBearknot and 3 others like this

#25 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:58 AM

Edited by GadgetGuy, 30 January 2015 - 02:14 AM.

• Zen_ likes this

#26 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

I have been around here for a few years now......have seen the site evolve, some for the best, some for the worst.  I'm glad that Zen is offering to help correct the situation. Thankyou Zen.

Good Luck to those that made purchases.......

#27 skrillnet

skrillnet

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

I hate to be that guy, but here goes.

I have left a message for you Zen_ as well as responding to the email address listed on the site. It is very much appreciated that you are trying to handle this. Unfortunately this isn't the only time I've had issues with The Good Spore/Mycrotopia. Orders stagnating for 3 months, while customers continue to place orders is not only bad business, that borders on legitimate fraud. My order was placed on January 16, which would mean no orders had gone out for almost 2 1/2 months prior to me PLACING my order. However, there was no notice of this and my credit card was promptly debited.

I would appreciate some answers either in PM form, or on this thread as to why the site was allowed to continue receiving orders when it was quite apparent they weren't going to be in operation any longer.

Maybe some answers on the reason for ceasing operation (legal, health, technology, acts of god, etc) would be appreciated, but honestly I cannot think of an excuse for letting orders sit on a shelf for 3 months while accepting new orders. Whatever the excuse, if you have enough connections to offer something like this, you certainly have enough connections to put the notice on your website before more orders are placed.

What is the time frame on having answers?

#28 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

Dude, zen doesn't run tgs
he has no idea if orders are being kept up to date other than when people complain

there are legit medical reasons things got soo f'ed up this time
as soon as zen found out what was going on he updated the sites and shut off new orders

if you had long dealys before and continued to order then the long wait should not have been a suprise
trying to claim it was a legit fraud makes me believe you are a troll
  • PsyBearknot, AGAMA and Juthro like this

#29 The Logical Mind

The Logical Mind

Mycophiliac

• Banned Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

I agree with skrillnet 100%. I have ran a business. I only initially ordered again from TGS on the 12th of January due to cost. They appeared cheaper than most still(I have since found another proper vendor that is just as cheap if not cheaper as well trusted..as soon as I get my REFUND). I had in the past ordered from TGS and waited weeks after emails on an order that takes days with other vendors. I did eventually get my order, however and it was satisfactory. That's what prompted me to try to order again on the 12th. I saw no notification of problems..no posts about problems here(I was once a member early on this site),so I made an order. I am not a rich man. I require all of my money and everything I order or an immediate refund. I have emailed several times since recieving a notification about this thread and TGS stopping business about retrieving my refund ASAP...as a month is already in the trash. 

I do not have anything personal involved in my words therefor you can call me what you want in blind defense of inadequate actions and poor business methods. It won't bother me. What I want NOW...is my money back on my card. I want that 3 weeks ago and I still want that now I not going to EVER stop wanting that and I will go to whatever means I must to retrieve it legally. I have mailed as such after delayed refund. If it is not refunded I will reclaim it via valid fraud charges. If wanting one's own damn money back from an order that was supposed to be here weeks back(I ADDED $10 "Rush Processing" as well...lol) is supposed to be "trolling"..some have their realities mixed up. Same with talking about business practices. Some know from where they speak. Some do not know how to run a business online or otherwise. That or they need to learn.

I don't care about anything right now except full refund. Now. If my money was taken and nothing delivered it should be STILL THERE..yes? If not ...well then that's another thing you never do in business. You do not spend customer's money when you have delivered nothing...ever. This is my last attempt at retrieving my funds in this manner. I have emailed enough and said what shall happen. To hold my money any longer is fraud. It's not my fault adequate preparations or otherwise were not taken to secure customer's funds in the case of requested or required refund. While I am sorry if someone is physically ill ..that is not my problem...not my family's problem...not my money's problem. Lots of people get sick all the time including me and my own. It's no excuse in this case. Please...refund my money.

#30 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

Look, the staff here, and mycotopia are NOT The Good Spore. Seems like there is a bit of impatience being directed at Mycotopia, the party trying to rectify the situation.

I will say it again. Zen_ is just one of the admins here, he has nothing to do with your orders being filled or not. Nothing. Nor is it Mycotopia's responsibility to refund or replace your order.

BUT- since TGS has been a long time sponsor here, and is operated by a friend of Topia, we are attempting to fix the problem. Topia as a community is pulling together to refund or replace orders from TGS only because it is a nice thing to do.

Let me be clear, if you have an issue, complaining about your experience at us is a little misplaced. Mycotopia is attempting to help you, (even though it ISN'T our responsibility) and we have committed to what your seeking, compensation.
  • PsyBearknot, AGAMA and Trippy_Toes like this

#31 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:59 PM

I have always considered any part of this hobby to be a crack in the floor where things that are normally considered "socially unacceptable" fall through.

If I lost money on the internet, that should be lesson enough.

Don't do it, if you can't afford it.

That's just being irresponsible.

Nowhere did any of these people reach out for a possible replacement for what they didn't get.

Had they asked nicely, I might have tried to send them something to take their mind off paying lawyers and such.

Such a comedy.

• I_am_me likes this

#32 The Logical Mind

The Logical Mind

Mycophiliac

• Banned Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

I am not a member of this community anymore. I was once a loooonnng time ago. I was pointed here by Zen via email specifically about TGS. I have emailed TGS and Zen about my intentions and they are not changed.

It's funny seeing the comedy of illogic I see from the other poster. Yes it is such a comedy...to get robbed. I don't lose money. I have went so far as to have a local detective visit an online "vendor" to retrieve refund. My lesson will NEVER be learned if theft or fraud is attempted on me. Some will just never learn anything. I don't want anything from anyone here. I want a refund from TGS. Being this thread was about that subject ...at least apparently I posted here.
At any rate the post is here my position is clear and only a refund will stop me from charging them with fraud. It doesn't require much. Honesty.

Troll away...but if The Good Spore isn't refunding via Zen's assistance and this is just some kind of offer from mycotopia(found by Hippie then ran by his wife...the person that last I heard was running TGS I KNOW Mycotopia I just haven't frequented here in years), then I need to go ahead and start the fraud process via my CC company. Thank you for letting me know.

• skrillnet likes this

#33 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,783 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

I agree with skrillnet 100%. I have ran a business. I only initially ordered again from TGS on the 12th of January due to cost. They appeared cheaper than most still(I have since found another proper vendor that is just as cheap if not cheaper as well trusted..as soon as I get my REFUND). I had in the past ordered from TGS and waited weeks after emails on an order that takes days with other vendors. I did eventually get my order, however and it was satisfactory. That's what prompted me to try to order again on the 12th. I saw no notification of problems..no posts about problems here(I was once a member early on this site),so I made an order. I am not a rich man. I require all of my money and everything I order or an immediate refund. I have emailed several times since recieving a notification about this thread and TGS stopping business about retrieving my refund ASAP...as a month is already in the trash. 

I do not have anything personal involved in my words therefor you can call me what you want in blind defense of inadequate actions and poor business methods. It won't bother me. What I want NOW...is my money back on my card. I want that 3 weeks ago and I still want that now I not going to EVER stop wanting that and I will go to whatever means I must to retrieve it legally. I have mailed as such after delayed refund. If it is not refunded I will reclaim it via valid fraud charges. If wanting one's own damn money back from an order that was supposed to be here weeks back(I ADDED $10 "Rush Processing" as well...lol) is supposed to be "trolling"..some have their realities mixed up. Same with talking about business practices. Some know from where they speak. Some do not know how to run a business online or otherwise. That or they need to learn.

I don't care about anything right now except full refund. Now. If my money was taken and nothing delivered it should be STILL THERE..yes? If not ...well then that's another thing you never do in business. You do not spend customer's money when you have delivered nothing...ever. This is my last attempt at retrieving my funds in this manner. I have emailed enough and said what shall happen. To hold my money any longer is fraud. It's not my fault adequate preparations or otherwise were not taken to secure customer's funds in the case of requested or required refund. While I am sorry if someone is physically ill ..that is not my problem...not my family's problem...not my money's problem. Lots of people get sick all the time including me and my own. It's no excuse in this case. Please...refund my money.

You created a profile on this site just for the sake of bitching about TGS? AND your bitching to and @ the people that have taken it upon themselves to help make it right. Sounds a lot like trolling to me.

If you have an outstanding order from TGS then let Zen know your order# and stand in line with the rest of the folks. The community as a whole is fixing this. If not, take your negative vibes and stick'em where the rest of us don't have to see them.

Edited by Juthro, 05 February 2015 - 05:59 PM.

• coorsmikey, PsyBearknot, Gloid and 4 others like this

#34 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

Lets ignore the trolls
Anybody with eyes can read how to remedy thier sitiation.

Its an unfortinate situation for all involved, i'm glad most people seem to be handeling it with a certain amount of tact
  • PsyBearknot, AGAMA, TurkeyRanch and 1 other like this

#35 Bombadil

Bombadil

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:49 PM

The Logical Mind :

I don't think you're trolling, I feel you're rightly upset about the missing order and lack of response. Thank you for being so patient and not initiating fraud/chargeback procedures while this is worked out.

TheGoodSpore is trying to make these orders whole / refund however possible, but it is taking some time. Mycotopia Site Staff aren't involved in that business, but we are attempting to assist communication with them to ensure this is taken care of promptly.

ZMS hosts Mycotopia as well as TheGoodSpore and other sites, so that name will appear on some documents; however they only support the technical end of websites, not running these businesses. Regardless, Zen_ himself is working hard to help resolve this and any posts here should be approved (within the Rules).

• TastyBeverage, coorsmikey and AGAMA like this

#36 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

I had a buddy at a site give a bunch of red, blue, and pearl oyster cultures to the site owners for contests during the 4th of july........the owners ended up selling those cultures and took off to vegas for a vacation.......At least that's not what happened here......

#37 skrillnet

skrillnet

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

Dude, zen doesn't run tgs
he has no idea if orders are being kept up to date other than when people complain

there are legit medical reasons things got soo f'ed up this time
as soon as zen found out what was going on he updated the sites and shut off new orders

if you had long dealys before and continued to order then the long wait should not have been a suprise
trying to claim it was a legit fraud makes me believe you are a troll

I specifically thanked Zen_ for trying to rectify the situation, I understand it isn't his fault and I also understand mycotopia had nothing to do with my bad customer experience. I'm not trolling, I'm a pissed off customer that doesn't have his money or product.

That being said, TGS was/is a sponsor, they have a history of poor service, and this time the site was left on MONTHS after orders stopped being fulfilled. That is bad business on TGS part. This thread is where I can tell people it has been a shitty experience, don't order, etc because hey if you take my money and don't have a means to get me my product, you either swindled me or you don't give a fuck. Neither of which I want to do business with.

Let me be clear, if you have an issue, complaining about your experience at us is a little misplaced. Mycotopia is attempting to help you, (even though it ISN'T our responsibility) and we have committed to what your seeking, compensation.

I know it isn't your responsibility, and if it is the case that mycotopia is footing the bill for TGS, I'll just issue a chargeback on my credit card and save Mycotopia the hassle. I don't want anyone other than the person who has my cash to pay me. If you guys are cool enough to reimburse folks for another's fuck up, kudos.

You created a profile on this site just for the sake of bitching about TGS? AND your bitching to and @ the people that have taken it upon themselves to help make it right. Sounds a lot like trolling to me.

If you have an outstanding order from TGS then let Zen know your order# and stand in line with the rest of the folks. The community as a whole is fixing this. If not, take your negative vibes and stick'em where the rest of us don't have to see them.

I know, telling others of poor experiences is such a bad way to prevent others from getting fucked over. If only someone had posted in November that the orders were no longer being fulfilled, then neither I nor Logical Mind would be here. Both of us placed our orders in JANUARY when the last order shipped was already 2 months stagnant. Thank you again to the community for attempting to rectify the situation, but don't tell us not to bitch about getting taken. Until we have either been refunded, fulfilled, or banned, I'll be right here tooting my horn. And if I get banned here, guess what, I'll go to other OMCs and post there about The Good Spore and the "patriotic" patrons from Mycotopia that banned a disgruntled customer for complaining about a legitimately bad experience with a vendor. Grow up.

Lets ignore the trolls
Anybody with eyes can read how to remedy thier sitiation.

Its an unfortinate situation for all involved, i'm glad most people seem to be handeling it with a certain amount of tact

You have no idea what communications have been made prior to posting here. You handle a lost order with tact, you handle a misshipped item with tact. You don't handle someone accepting payments 3 months after they stop sending orders with tact. That's not an acceptable error, if it's not intentionally done, then it must have been some kind of car accident or the like. If that's the case, then let us know that, I can assure you I would be much more understanding if there were ANY explanation of why the site was left on when orders were absolutely no longer being filled.

I don't think you're trolling, I feel you're rightly upset about the missing order and lack of response. Thank you for being so patient and not initiating fraud/chargeback procedures while this is worked out.

TheGoodSpore is trying to make these orders whole / refund however possible, but it is taking some time. Mycotopia Site Staff aren't involved in that business, but we are attempting to assist communication with them to ensure this is taken care of promptly.

Thank you for having a reasonable response, do you have any idea on the time frame for hearing back from Zen_?

#38 skrillnet

skrillnet

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

And I see now how my original post might have come across the wrong way, MYCROTOPIA and TGS are or were one and the same. MYCOTOPIA I have no qualms with. 

#39 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,688 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

SkrilInet, I completely understand your frustration. If I were In your shoes I would probably feel the same way. But for me this is a community of folks that I have gotten to know over the years and have learn to trust. It's also a community where I find like minded friends. I have seen people come and go, for those of us that are here for the long haul we stick together like family and treat each other as such. Shit happens sometimes and we forgive and move on. Sometimes people get banned and it sucks, but usually it's for the best of the community. Other times it's like " what took so long?" Anyway... I wanted to reach out and Welcome you to Mycotopia! I can't fix what has happened with your order, but I can help make it hurt a little less. I understand that you want your cash back from whatever source accepted it and that that you are not happy with the service. Sorry I can't help with that. Complaining here is not gonna make much difference, because we are family. We understand that shit happens and as family we try and help out one another! Now since you have just become a new member, and I am just guessing that since you were attempting to buy something from TGS, maybe you are interested some of the same things we are? There are many of us here that would bend over backwards to help another member. ( we just won't bend over forward. Lol trying to funny) Zen is a busy guy. PM me what you ordered and I can see it I can help get ya started. If I can't do it myself I am sure that can reach out to family to make it happen( reasonably speaking) So please consider the offer and grow some shrooms, join our community and post your grows. But really posting how upset you are here is not going to hurt TGS because the site is offline.... And complaining here doesn't really make to much of a difference cuz we're family
  • PsyBearknot, Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#40 skrillnet

skrillnet

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:06 AM

Fair enough, I'll not complain more about TGS. And again, the community here seems pretty epic and thank you for offering to right the wrongs expressed above. I'm sure I'll hang around, maybe post a grow log sometime soon.

Last thing I'll say, it isn't about spores at this point I just want a refund. I've actually got spores, just was more looking to expand my library.

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!