• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

Anyone have an opinion on how much longer to wait for the one tub I believe to be the atl#7's ? No new growth no pins nothing that seem to be knots. The other 3, granted are not atl#7's but I've been harvesting the 2 side pin tubs and the 3rd has pinned all over and just waiting to explode.

you don't see any deformations in the sub? usually they will make the sub crack in places and you will see stones sticking out,, at least the 3 tubs i had going all did. i would wait, stones take a lot longer then fruit.
YA no deformation in the sub.

I carefully tried to pick the tub up and look to see if any sign of stones on side of bottom and could not really tell through the liner

I was under the thought from reading Violet and Elfstone/stonesun that since I spawned right when my jar was fully colonized and not showing signs of stone formation that the sub would fruit instead of form stones and if you spawned when the jar had started to form stones, like with your tubs the sub would continue with the stone production. Maybe I misunderstood.

The tub still looks moist and still has condensation forming so I don't think its dried out. No problem letting it be. I keep misting and fanning it. As long as I don't see signs of contams.

One a side note the two side pinning tubs are still pinning/fruiting ther little sides out. Looked at trying what coorsmikey mentioned but think I'll just let them pin out at this point.

And lastly my rhizo tub pinned up nicely and I think it will be the tub with candidates for spores and cloning of the 2 clusters. One left side middle and then the one to the right of it. May be a little dificult to see in the pic.
image.jpg
I'm liking the smaller size of these guys.
  • coorsmikey, TurkeyRanch and wharfrat like this

#62 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,869 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

i spawned mine at 100%, i did leave one to stone in the jar but the other galindoi and tempenensis were spawned before any stones started forming, and they all when to stones.. from what i have heard is they need to grow stones before they can fruit, like a dormancy thing (don't quote me on that) i did try and pick all the stones out, then recolonize the sub in the hopes for fruit but it turned green before it recolonized.. the Tamps are still growing but only stones..

Edited by wharfrat, 17 February 2015 - 06:32 PM.

• papa_legba likes this

#63 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:25 AM

3 subs are harvested And dumped.

Lessons learned or some observations...

Probably should have let the subs colonize longer before put into fruiting.

The 2 side pin tubs were the 2 subs I mixed the spawn and bulk substrate together. I thought I would clean them up (several invitro type pins on the bottom) and see about a dunk and then fruit out of the tub but the sub broke apart very easily so no go with that

The 3rd sub - the rhizo tub -was the tub I just laid the spawn out on the bottom and roped with the bulk substrate. still could have colonized longer though it was a more solid mass then the other two. Found green on it this morning so harvested it and dumped it. It produced in 1 tub what the other two produced together.

No time for prints or clone to agar

Now to chill...

On to the next episode...image.jpg

Edited by PsyBearknot, 19 February 2015 - 09:33 AM.

• kcmoxtractor, TurkeyRanch and wharfrat like this

#64 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

looks like plenty of mushrooms for a couple of bears in hibernation :biggrin:

congrats on your harvest man!

• PsyBearknot and TurkeyRanch like this

#65 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:36 PM

Anyone have an opinion on how much longer to wait for the one tub I believe to be the atl#7's ? No new growth no pins nothing that seem to be knots. The other 3, granted are not atl#7's but I've been harvesting the 2 side pin tubs and the 3rd has pinned all over and just waiting to explode.

you don't see any deformations in the sub? usually they will make the sub crack in places and you will see stones sticking out,, at least the 3 tubs i had going all did. i would wait, stones take a lot longer then fruit.
YA no deformation in the sub. .
Actually I may be restating that answer. I went to mist and fan tonight and there seems to be a crack in the middle of the sub. I will get a pic tomorrow but checked an older post in this thread with a pic of the sub and the crack was not there. However the older pic was covered with more myc then it is now. I'll try to get a comparison pic up of then and now.

wharfrat - how's your agar doing from your stones you harvested?

Edited by PsyBearknot, 19 February 2015 - 10:38 PM.

• wharfrat likes this

#66 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

image.jpg

Now

image.jpg

This past Tuesday

Looks like I am loosing myc coverage as well.

In some more research this morning it looks like more fresh air exchange a casing layer and possibly more intensity of light.
I have an air filter running in the space the fruiting chamber is in so I cracked the top of the chamber a little. I will probably need to up my misting a little to keep the humidity.
I have some light in the chamber but wont be able to change that.
So I'm thinking a casing layer would be good but have not decided it it will be any good this late in the game.

On a side note this is the first fruiting chamber that I added light to and I think I really saw the difference in the upright nature of the mushies that grew.

Edited by PsyBearknot, 20 February 2015 - 08:42 AM.

• TurkeyRanch likes this

#67 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,869 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

YA no deformation in the sub. .
Actually I may be restating that answer. I went to mist and fan tonight and there seems to be a crack in the middle of the sub. I will get a pic tomorrow but checked an older post in this thread with a pic of the sub and the crack was not there. However the older pic was covered with more myc then it is now. I'll try to get a comparison pic up of then and now.

wharfrat - how's your agar doing from your stones you harvested?

no agar, i put a sample straight to LC, it took off, i already sent someone a sample..  my tubs never had much of a myc cover, they all are pretty bare, especially when stones start to grow, then it looks like a mess. probably why the last tub tam'd after i picked the stones

• PsyBearknot likes this

#68 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

So had to clean out the closet and the atl#7 tub had to go.

Here are some pics of the tub harvested

Tub started to yellow
image.jpg

Here is the one breaking through
image.jpg

Side shot. Was colonized all the way through but did not have a strong structure to it. Looks more like a root mass.
image.jpg

Smaller nutty as hell and amazingly enough it was still at field capacity. If/when I do these again I wil use something other then Popcorn. Was hard to tell some of the smaller stones and a couple bigger stones were broken down cause I thought some of it was corn stuck together.
Here are the stones I got out of it
image.jpg

Also if/when I try this again I think I will try some that are just straight grain cased and some that are the bulk sub mixed well with the spawn. The biggest stone was middle breaking the top and the others were found above attached to the corn. So my gut says to mix well and get stones, straight case the grains to get fruits. Dunno...

Anyone know what a normal to strong dose of these are?

Edited by PsyBearknot, 28 February 2015 - 04:34 PM.

• MLBjammer and TurkeyRanch like this

#69 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

This was taken off another site posted by Violet. Did not know how to quote it but wanted to make sure I gave I dictator where or more who I got this from.

What do you think?

Though biological metabolism always varies, the following example weight equivalents for common specimens of each species seem to be great thumb rules:
140g fresh Galindoi sclerotia = 283g fresh Cubensis mushroom = 47g dried Galindoi sclerotia = 28.3g dried Cubensis mushroom

5g fresh sclerotia = 10g fresh Cubensis = 1.66 dried sclerotia = 1g dried Cubensis

I'm thinking 10-15g fresh sclerotia
I like the 20-25g fresh or 2-2.5 dry cubensis range for an evening on the couch.

Edited by PsyBearknot, 28 February 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#70 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

How did I miss this one?

Often if pressed for time I don't read the threads by experienced growers/older members, knowing you guys have it in hand, and any questions you have will be answered. This was a fun one to catch up on, awesome job bear.

Marking for Archive Material.
  • PsyBearknot likes this

#71 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for stopping by TR!

I'm honored you marked this for archive!

So I sampled 15g fresh of the atl7 sclerotia.
I would have to agree with the opinion of stronger potency!
I would also agree with the opinion that it's a bit different of a trip. As with others a little hard to describe but I now get the "cleaner" feel to the trip and the "friendlier" nature of the trip.

The latter easier to describe for me as more social feeling. Even on 2g ps cubenisis I am not fond of being around others. I will even wait till other bear goes to bed and will join him after I start comming down. With the stones I felt very energetic with a body buzz that was like being wrapped up in a warm glowing blanket of energy buzz. I spent most of the trip lying next to other bear with my earbuds.

Flavor was a nasty nutty metalic flavor that even came through the peanut butter I mixed it with. This led me to not chewing them up all the way. This will be changed next time. It defenatily effected my stomach feeling oddly full. I have a feeling that it took a bit to digest them stones. Lot of belching. The trip took longer to set in as well. After an hour and a half not really feeling anything but relaxed I just figured they were a weak dud and closed my eyes. I dozed off at some point and woke back up tripping. Not sure how long I was out.

Probably be a good one to make tea with.

Sleep was dificult even after I came down and the after glow lasted for a good for or five hours later with a bit of a fuzzy headed hang over.

I think they will be added to my collection again soon. I could see them being a good friend to have with me during camping season.
  • TurkeyRanch and tcg like this

#72 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

Ya that was the same feeling i had psybear

More social, more of a light on your feet kind of energy, and cleaner (no odd thought loops or intense emotional swings)

The taste is like somebody fermented hazelnuts in battery acid.

I'm still hoping that thing decides to fruit for ya, would be icing on the cake
  • TurkeyRanch likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!