#41 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,200 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:13 AM

I see a lot of old material, not bad but a lot of reading, and a lot of it to do with injection ports, etc.

maybe it's time for an update on this method.

Let's not have all my hours of reading go to waste.....

Similar to the above post ... sir , if you can please post any grow thread that does better than the "old stuff" .. the Eatyualive , the Waylitjim, Freaky, Buckaroo, Fahtster, Spacecake, CaptainFuture, Golly, Dr Hallucination,etc, etc ... you know, the 'good old stuff in the archives and vaults, then hats off to you and lets see it, got a link ? Got a current grow thread that blows them out of the water ? This is a friendly challenge ... where's the goods? You can do better that the vaults and archives ? Lets see it brother? No joke or sarcasm.

Lets go experimental... lets try new things ... but lets deliver the goods and post results.

In my opinion we should respect the vaults , respect the archives. They are our collective history. Don't diss where we came from is the way I see it... build on it , expand it, borrow from it, but don't divorce from it and abandon it. Sure do things totally different and new , but the key word is DO , not talk about it... do it.

maybe it's time for an update on this method.

I expect a thread from you happy4nicator soon that will be a step up from anything in the vaults or archives ... I hear-by issue a friendly challenge based on your words above. I look forward to seeing what you got to offer.

Thank you. 

Edited by hyphaenation, 10 February 2015 - 03:14 AM.

• coorsmikey, CatsAndBats, happy4nic8r and 1 other like this

#42 blackdustt

blackdustt

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:43 AM

milking mycelium and slurry have been my favorite inoculate at the moment. I really need to get down my mushroom cloning via la 9er tek. You guys see Eat can get a PF cake colonized in 4 days with a clone syringe? I want 4 day PF cakes!!!! 

#43 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

I will see what I can do, definitely worth the effort. I am counting containers, fitting the pc, and charging the camera.

Maybe do a side by side with some hospital grade D5W, it has a port of the bottom.

Just so I am clear, I mean no disrespect to anyone who has archived material here, and bow to those pioneers who have spent years helping thousands thread their way into this beautiful tapestry of symbiosis.

I am but a humble servant of the sciences, and attempt to make my mark where I can.

Edited by happy4nic8r, 10 February 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#44 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,731 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

I will see what I can do, definitely worth the effort. I am counting containers, fitting the pc, and charging the camera.

Maybe do a side by side with some hospital grade D5W, it has a port of the bottom.

huh?

#45 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

huh?

Which part? Just thinking about all the sterilizing of sugar water.

Instead you get the IV bags from the hospital (dextrose 5% Water), they are sterile, and have injection port for IV tube.

Not that I have one handy, but Amazon would probably send one. 

I can't see that making a huge end difference, but would save a lot of time.

#46 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,731 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

Perfect! The myc prefer a 4% but I can't imagine 1 point would matter.. I LURVE me some LC (sorry @microbe77). Good idea 4n!

• happy4nic8r likes this

#47 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

It's a good idea if it works, for everybody, right?

I'm going to have to put my money where my mouth was, I guess, so I'd better get started.

Forward.....into....the future!!!

#48 blackdustt

blackdustt

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:30 PM

Nice dude. I'm seeing these bags online between 5 - $10

#49 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

I found them for $2.55, but you had to be a doctor, of some sort.

I'm still looking, but that might be a good lead in story to the lc recipe, if it works, and why would it not?

#50 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

Mydarling... just an idea, but why not teach by example?... where is your experimental scientific process thread/grow? Can you link us to one? To be honest, and no offense but in all my years hear I don't quite recall you doing anything along the lines of what your talking about here. Don't get me wrong , I've seen some killer grows by you and I agree with you it would be beneficial and good. But where is YOUR input, your experimental grow?

... Again, I mean no offence. In my opinion those kinds of grows will come in due course, organically, but you can only encourage, you can't force with a side of attitude (you seem a bit pissy about it). Lets see what YOU got if you want scientific/experimental grows so bad. If you were posting said grows yourself and saying "come on everybody, join me" that would be different. Do you get where i'm coming from? I'm guessing not but I want to give the benefit of the doubt.

It was hard to write the above because I respect you , but I can't quite understand the anger behind your wanting these new "scientific process" rigorous grow threads. And I definitely don't understand why you don't take the bull by the horns and write up a thread yourself with new ideas. Could you enlighten me? Please ...

I certainly can't see where any of this this "pissy" and "anger" you speak of can be found. I've posted nothing but encouragement here. Are you feeling defensive for some reason?

And I apologize if my recent lack of grow threads has somehow lead to distrust. I am quite busy with experiments in real life and I unfortunately do not have the time to start one for fun just so I can post it here. And even if I had some "fun" experiments going, whether or not I did post them is a personal choice. My role here is whatever I want it to be, and if that means sharing guidelines and encouragement and providing input on other people's work and ideas, then that's what it will be - whether I post an experiment or not!

I only bothered to come back to topia and spend several days crafting the posts that have now been pinned here because it was asked of me. This is how I lead by example -- by sharing what I know to a community that I had heard was hungry for it. I did not come back under a requirement to post an experiment myself, but I did go through the effort of inventing 2 hypothetical ones for the sake of demonstration! I will admit that my past work here doesn't fall under experimental guidelines (as that was not my goal at the time), but cannot see how that reflects poorly on what I'm trying to do here.

I have not acted "pissy," or been "angry," or "forced with a side of attitude" here, so I think your comments are a bit misguided. And to be clear, I am none of those things in this post either  :thumbs_up2:

As for the rest of you - I don't mind at all that you're brainstorming and discussing grow topics in this thread. So carry on and do science!!!

Edited by mydarling, 11 February 2015 - 09:43 PM.

• TurkeyRanch, blackdustt and happy4nic8r like this

#51 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

I couldn't have said it better. Onwards........

#52 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,200 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

Well then apologies Mydarling it was me that misunderstood what you were saying. Perhaps personal issues clouded my judgement. I'm sorry. I Think part of the problem was I took offence to folks saying the teks in the vaults/archives were outdated and lumped you in for whatever erroneous reason. But I was rude no matter how you slice it and that's no bueno...

I'll shut up and maybe post an experimental grow...

*edit* In fact I have at least three unique ideas for teks that I consider totally up this alley that could be really killer , but am hampered by Canadian winter atm and live off the grid in a bus and these ideas entail cubies which need to be babied with constant heat which I cannot provide. Heck even Canuck summers have half the day hours below 60 F ... I'll work it out.

Edited by hyphaenation, 14 February 2015 - 10:44 PM.

• TurkeyRanch, Juthro and happy4nic8r like this

#53 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,562 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

For the record Hypha, reading your posts and grow logs is one of the pivotal points in my deciding to try to grow my own back before I knew anything (I still know very little now, lol).

I trust anything you post would be well thought out and written.
  • hyphaenation and TurkeyRanch like this

#54 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:23 AM

I have the feeling when things warm up, there will be more action here in the Lab.
  • TurkeyRanch likes this

#55 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

I have some stuff on deck, example threads at the least, and more interesting things brewing.

Edited by TurkeyRanch, 15 February 2015 - 05:00 AM.

#56 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,731 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

I usually LOVE winter, but now that mycology is such a big part of my life, I cannot wait until spring. FAE with outdoor air is what my guys miss...

• coorsmikey likes this

#57 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:24 AM

Winter is the best time to grow indoors--much lower contamination rates in general.  Most bulk growers will do a lot of work in the cold season.  

MD, good to see you around.

You, too, Hyph.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#58 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

Winter is the best time to grow indoors--much lower contamination rates in general.  Most bulk growers will do a lot of work in the cold season.  

You, too, Hyph.

Nice to see ya MLB! Winter time for me means smaller projects. Large bulks make to much of a mess inside plus the whole house knows what I am up to. Too cold outside to work, anything wet usually freezes pretty fast. Trying to pasteurize out in the garage is miserable. The house stays in the low 60s when unoccupied because propane gets expensive. Maybe if I was more south I would be like most bulk growers. Oh yeah and any free time I have that's daylight I am out riding my sled.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#59 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,200 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:57 AM

Winter is great for growing when you are on the grid and have electric heat, and don't live in mountains of Canada, where it is often sub -20 degrees, and I live in a bus...but yah.. this is true for many.

Nice to see you bammer!

Edited by hyphaenation, 17 February 2015 - 09:36 AM.

• MLBjammer and coorsmikey like this

#60 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,731 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:25 AM

You, too, Hyph.

Yeah, the thing is that I lose so much space (garage).

• CallMeCrazy likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!