• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:44 AM

I just sprouted 5 seeds and plan to grow hydro. I dont really have any fertilizer, but I have Miracle Grow. Any suggestions on this? anyone attempted hydro before? If not, Ill stick to good ol dirt.. but hydro does make bigger buds..:meditate:

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

miracle gro isn't suitable for hydro.
better stick to soil

#3 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

So if I attempted Hydro, Id want some fertilizer & a PH meter for sure.. right?

In a normal soil grow I have a like 6x4x6 inch bucket. can I put 5 seedlings in that? Or would it be best to wait until I get the moss cups? Because they sprouted yesterday and are about an inch long right now...

#4 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:43 AM

You had a nice set up i saw in the new vaults... I was wondering what a nice stealthy set up costed? Also wondering what the heck a HID light is.. Can you use halogen lights instead of HPS or HID? How do you get the computer fans to work outside of a computer? LOL :gah:

#5 Jaeger

Jaeger

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:54 AM

You have TONS AND TONS of reading to do before you are even remotely close to being able to grow with hydro, or soil.
I have no interest in growing, but I can answer every one of your questions really easily.
Do some searching, there are better places for MJ cult.

#6 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:15 PM

I would start em in seperate pots so those roots dont tear when u have to seperate em...Halogen lights are pretty hot for the amount of usefull light they produce ...The HP sodium are the most efficient...Good luck with the weedy seedy's

#7 BlkLiteMushrooms

BlkLiteMushrooms

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:01 PM

Starting out on hydro is like learning to drive in an Aston Martin, the price is high and you'll probably screw it up. Stick with dirt get a few good grows under your belt and move up when you know what's what. It's easy to invest a few hundred to a few thousand on a good set up. Work with what you've got, it is a weed after all. Best of luck to you.

#8 Burger

Burger

Old Hand.

• OG VIP
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:57 AM

Hydro's not really hard if u do a little homework.It can be pretty cheap too if you build your own system.But if you have no knowledge and your seeds have already sprouted, I would go dirt this time and plan a hydro grow for your next run.You will need a decent lamp (perferably HPS) which ever you decide.Dirt is a bit more forgiving, Just don't forget to take clones :DGoodluck which ever way you go...

#9 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:26 AM

You have TONS AND TONS of reading to do before you are even remotely close to being able to grow with hydro, or soil.

i second this....

#10 DJTetsu

DJTetsu

View Source Code

• Expired Member
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

You had a nice set up i saw in the new vaults... I was wondering what a nice stealthy set up costed? Also wondering what the heck a HID light is.. Can you use halogen lights instead of HPS or HID? How do you get the computer fans to work outside of a computer? LOL :gah:

Mine was less than $200, $100 being my 150w HPS.
HID = high intensity discharge (which includes:)

CFL's(compact flouros), HPS (high pressure sodium), or MH (metal halide)... you'll need one of the three.

Easiest to find lights are CFL's (you can get them at walmart), but rule of thumb, they'll yield less. Pretty much nothing else other than these three will do.

To get your cpu fans to work outside, you'll need to get an 12V adaptor at radio shack.

#11 manjotar

manjotar

Disciple of Boognish

• Expired Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:13 PM

yeah i'm using DJTetsu's brilliant stealth rubbermaid setup and CFL's with nice results...

you should give it a shot. I got all materials for $50 at walmart, very hard to fuck it up!

#12 DJTetsu

DJTetsu

View Source Code

• Expired Member
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:30 PM

word, manjotar! you've made my day.

love to share this link:

http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=9044

at any rate, you really need a little grow room to contain the light and to manage the smell.

#13 manjotar

manjotar

Disciple of Boognish

• Expired Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:35 PM

yeah, i'm having trouble finding those arm & hammer carbon filters though,
where did you find them? not that i mind the smell, i'd just like to keep it under control.

#14 DJTetsu

DJTetsu

View Source Code

• Expired Member
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:46 PM

we're sorta jacking this thread (well mayb not) but yeah..

I got mine at target, and it was a godsend. I checked their website but I guess it's a store item.

I also search-engined the term " 'active carbon' hepa filter "

http://www.allergybe...dor-filter.html

http://www.dustless....rs/refills.html

#15 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

i second this....

um you dont know what i know man, I have done research adn had a nice plant rowing until i got busted by my madre in which i was forced to escotrt my beauty outside in which it was stolen :gah:... And i hid it in the nearby woods too.

#16 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:48 PM

word, manjotar! you've made my day.

love to share this link:

http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=9044

at any rate, you really need a little grow room to contain the light and to manage the smell.

:teeth: Actually, I came across this on my own earlier, and thought that was an ingenious idea. :hugs:

#17 Jaeger

Jaeger

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:03 PM

um you dont know what i know man, I have done research adn had a nice plant rowing until i got busted by my madre in which i was forced to escotrt my beauty outside in which it was stolen :gah:... And i hid it in the nearby woods too.

I may not know you, but I read your questions, and this was enough for me to form my previously stated conclusion.
If you expect to get them to bud indoors and get a decent/potent result, you have much work to do.

Just trying to save you from fucking up due to lack of info, not intended to be a burn or flame.

#18 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:18 AM

ok well, i am bit paranoid of getting raided evicted and busted since my neighbor just got evicted along with 2 others for "complaints, visitors and / or drugs.", so I am going to stick with cfl's .

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!