• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 kija.

kija.

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:41 PM

^^ read the first post. Still in process tho.

#22 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:43 PM

It's the same as the everclear extraction tek, only he used iso.

#23 jbmac

jbmac

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

It's the same as the everclear extraction tek, only he used iso.

Is it this below?: See my suggestions in CAPS:

-Soak the powdered cactus in a strong alcohol such as Everclear (190proof) or Bacardi 151 or ISO Alcohol. Use just enough to cover the powder plus an inch or more in a jar that you can shake up.

-Shake it periodically throughout the day. Every 24 hrs drain off the alcohol and set it aside. Continue this process EACH DAY untill the color is no longer changing, and it pours off clear.

-Combine the DAILY extractions into one tub and evaporate the alcohol using VERY low heat or a fan. You're left with a thick tar like substance that contains the alkaloids.

Always remember your starting dry weight to better be able to judge your doses from the finished product. Example: 100 dry grams is enough for two people. 50 grams is a good dose for one trip.

#24 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

That's the one.

#25 jbmac

jbmac

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:10 PM

That's the one.

So - what I put in CAPS is right, right?
And - it depends on the cacti - SWIM had 15 grams of P. torch and had a great time with it. THANKS

#26 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:36 PM

man, an 18 hour trip.
whew, i'm too old for that shit anymore.

#27 Sky Rayven

Sky Rayven

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:52 PM

I'm with Hipster!!! 18 hours is too much for me hehe. Hell, 8 hours is still stretchin my limits. If only I were 21 again!

This old fart gets tooo tired, sounds like fun tho

#28 Dude13

Dude13

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:15 AM

mescaline takes at least 3 hrs till you start to feel time slip away.
My fist time...I noticed a unusual change in my environment, then the clock kept flipping time, it was 3:00 then 2::20 then 5:00, then 3:30...I was time traveling.

Haha, good stuff. This happened to me my first time I tried shroomes. I kept looking at 3 different clocks and they kept saying different shit... The thing was that it was daylight savings - sure did make me think I was time traveling though.

Good idea putting the tar into capsules :cool:

Any other tips for avoiding nausea with an alcohol extraction? I've heard that it's a good idea to down it half/half waiting an hour inbetween (this was with tea though). Also, is there anything that you can ingest prior to help nausea?

Take it easy :dance:

#29 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:33 AM

With the tar, it's best to injest it all at once.

You're still very likely to purge, but you wanna be tripping by the time you do.

#30 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:35 AM

suppositories
;)

Attached Files

#31 Dude13

Dude13

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:12 AM

Hehe, I was just reading a thread over at shroomery about someone wanting to "plug" powdered cactus (with a good amount of lemon juice of all things O_O).

Things going into the ass just isn't the thing for me though =p

Oh, for how much of the trip would one expect the nausea to last? Also around how long after ingestion would one expect to purge if they are going to? Knowing myself, I'd probably just overly concern myself with this if I don't know in advance, taking away from the trip =/

Take it easy

#32 akoutdoors

akoutdoors

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 344 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

For me the nasua kicks in right before the trip begins in earnest, But it dosent really go away untill your stomach is fairly empty of all undigested food and the desire to eat any thing will be gone for a full day.
Just wait and see how you feel if the nasua is kicking your ass sit down and calm down and it should pass.
Mescaline pukes are not the full body heaves/purgees that some expect is is just a nice little yawn with some chunks ;)
For injesting the tar FOAF decided to "soften" up his ball of tar with a short soak in hot water, then he ate the ball while it was soft used, the hot water to make Hot chocolate and..........he had black/green shit all over his teeth untill the joke got old to us and we gave him some mouth wash and a tooth brush.
FOAF reported that warming up the tar and making it soft definetly made the tars trip come on much faster, but it did not last as long as when eating more tar but in hard little balls.
Probably becasue before the tar was sitting in his stomach disolving slowly but with it being softned up it absorbed quicker?

#33 Dude13

Dude13

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the info

For me the nasua kicks in right before the trip begins in earnest, But it dosent really go away untill your stomach is fairly empty of all undigested food and the desire to eat any thing will be gone for a full day.

Just an aside, but certain Indian tribes used low doses of Peyote to help overcome fatigue and lack of food when out hunting for days without sleep. Now I understand why it helped with hunger.

Take it easy

#34 Trichocereus Panza

Trichocereus Panza

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

is there anything that you can ingest prior to help nausea?:

Has anyone had any luck with Dramamine? I have a friend who thinks that it helps, but he has never tried cacti without it for comparison. I bought some "less drowsy formula" dramamine in hopes that it would do something, but have been staying away from cacti for a while, so not sure yet.

The person who tried Dramamine did so with straight powder, not tar. He had the shits but no vomiting.

#35 Trichocereus Panza

Trichocereus Panza

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:41 PM

Any other tips for avoiding nausea with an alcohol extraction?

The first time we tried it, cannabis worked wonders. Didn't seem to work the next time however. (Again, this was with un-extracted powder and OJ).

Maybe the amount of nausea is highly dependent on the particular batch of cactus you've got?

I know the first time we each dosed on 20g of powder, the experience was PERFECT. We were able to sit by the campfire and meditate all night, with no more trace of nausea after smoking. Alas, we have been unable to repeat these results, and unable to identify why, except for the fact that all subsequent doses have been from a different batch.

1st time: powder & OJ. 20g. Perfect set & setting, nausea went away after smoke.
[[..new batch was procured..]]
2nd time: powder & OJ. ~25g. Same setting. Very uncomfortable bloating and shits (smoke didn't help).
3rd time: lemon-soaked powder balls. ~15g. Same setting. Terrible nausea all night, vomiting and shitting every last one of those balls out of the system (smoke didn't help one bit).
4th time: boiled extraction of ~40g each. Same setting. Lots of discomfort, plus a little vomiting. Lots of TRYING to vomit and shit with no success. Stomaches were just SEARCHING for something to purge for hours, even though they were empty. (didn't even try smoking)

How does one interpret this? The water extraction didn't seem to help very much. I've never been able to understand why the first time was so different from all the other failures. We were even able to EAT comfortably that time. Nausea has effectively ruined all subsequent experiences. It's like the cactus was saying: :nana: :nana: :nana: Now that you've gotten a taste of my powers, I'm going to fuck with you for trying to repeat that valuable experience.

Mescaline is my favorite substance, but it's not worth all the body discomfort, which has seemed so difficult to predict or control. I'm hoping the tar thing works better, but it all seems so uncertain. Good luck to all those who try.

#36 akoutdoors

akoutdoors

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:48 AM

Go for the chemical extraction method THe salt is way more fast acting than the tar IMO

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!