• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

I enjoy many styles of music but really dig the edm / abstract / experimental hip hop.

I've played around with producing my own ambient and psychill sounds.

But i have always wanted to work with some one with lyrics.

Anyone out there interested in similar styles that have some lyrics recorded they would want to pass my way to see what This old guy could do with?

Not looking for the "bottle service with bitches in the club" lyrics. I'm looking for more insightful stuff that our minds gravitate to from our 'topia home.
  • TurkeyRanch, wharfrat and niemandgeist like this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

[Direct Link]

• TurkeyRanch and niemandgeist like this

#3 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

[Direct Link]

#4 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,445 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

This is up my alley!

I can't play any instruments, but I like to sing.

Also, I fancy myself pretty danged good with words.

I also have a lot of existing material/poetry to work with.

Any time I write a poem it's actually a song anyway.

Please PM me to remind me about this. I'm a bit scattered at the moment, but I really would like to see my words and singing accompanied by real music!

I really like EDM/EBM, Gothic rock, Shoegazer, Synthpop, Darkwave, Coldwave, etc. so I'm pretty sure we'd mesh nicely. :chucks: :ph34r: :cool:

• PsyBearknot likes this

#5 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

Nice sounds good. I'll give YA hollar about in a couple weeks and see if we can get some others interested as well.

#6 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,445 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:39 PM

Nice sounds good. I'll give YA hollar about in a couple weeks and see if we can get some others interested as well.

You know... I just thought of something that'd be great.

My sister has a beautiful voice. She also has Grave's disease. She's going to have to get her thyroid cut out soon enough. She is VERY concerned that her voice may change forever, which is certainly a possibility.

I'm going to let her know that while she still has her voice, if she's got any poetry or anything, she can sing while she still can. I've got halfway decent recording stuff (Sony digital recorder with stereo, danged thing records RIGHT to MP3, too!) so this could be great for her and I.

Definitely bug me in PM.

#7 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

Dude you just made me cry!

#8 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,445 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

I asked her and she said she may be interested in singing some stuff while I record it. I figured it'd be up her alley, but because of her thyroid she's been kind of emotional and sped up. Said she had a good night last night and only woke up twice.

Imagine your emotions going haywire and your heartrate going bonkers even when resting. It's tough on her, but we're hoping when she gets the surgery done it all goes well. She used to really like Crossfit and exercise, but she has to take it extra easy being like this now. Even simple household chores can be taxing.

Even if she passes on it I'm pretty excited to be able to sing and have it get put to some music I can jive with. I wish I'd taken the time to learn an instrument when I was a kid. Hell, I'm happy to occasionally pluck at my 4-string bass (Which I have NO idea how to play) and make something that sounds good. My issue is I'm not dedicated enough. If only I'd play it a bit every night for 30 minutes I'd start to figure stuff out. It's only 4 strings!

#9 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:10 AM

I did some digging round and found my last attempt at putting some tracks together. TheN Realized it was 10 years ago. They Are no where finished mix but I liked a couple of them enough that when I figure out how to post them here I'll drop them in the thread.

I sang in highschool and played from one for a short time. I don't really play any instruments tho would love to play the banjo and bought a couple decent harmonicas. Now to learn it!

The music I like and wish to create is all sample based and looped. That's where electronic and a lot of the experimental hip hop comes in. Tho not opposed to what ever direction this goes and who ever else joins in.

Wether your sister decides to record something vocal for this or just for herself or not even at all I just think it was very touching the idea you had to record her voice.

#10 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:57 AM

i might start using my size and knocking ur fuck asses out and taking ur shit            worst behavior

Mu-fuka's never loved us!

Drake has his place. Tho never been mystyle!

#11 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

[Direct Link]

A track I worked on long time ago. Was just an instrumental. I added the vocals the past couple of weeks. Just thought Id throw it up and show what I can do with a half assed effort not knowing much about sound engineering and producing.

It lost some of it's sound transfering from garage band to imovie which I had to do to upload the track to you tube. I also created the track while using iPhone earbuds so best to listen to it on something of the like. Over speakers it really loses a lot of sound quality. The track is a little hot on the volumn. So suggest to listen to it about at 3/4 full volumn.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!