Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Contact Lens Refill with Expired Prescription!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

You want to talk about 'sticking it to the man?' - Read on!  I'm gonna be like the Snowden of online contact purchases ...

So my contacts 'scrip ran out in January - it's only good for a year, which is fucked up, as I've had the same 'scrip for 20 years and I've never had any eye issues ...

It costs over a hundred bucks and (worse) an afternoon to do the eye doc thing. 

What the online contact place doesn't know is that my eye doc is only in the office one day a week - so I place the order on THAT day, and then suggest that my eye doc is an asshole and doesn't want to work with the online providers, as he wants the $$ for selling overpriced contacts from the office (that's illegal too - bwah ha ha ha!)

The online joint tries once to verify my script the next day & fails, as he's not there ...

And my contacts arrive 3 days later.  Bwah ha ha ha !!  Suck on THAT, FDA, Wal-Mart Vision Center, AND Bausch & Lomb!

Later today, I may go rip the tags off of some mattresses, or turn some pennies into attractive earrings, then it's off the State park, where I'm gonna stuff my pockets with stones, mosses, and pine straw - all the while going 4 miles over the speed limit and perhaps undercooking these hamburgers just a tiny bit.

You can't stop me - I'm on a fuckin' RAMPAGE, America!

Storming the gates like a wild motherfucker with 20/20 vision, you Gov't bitches!

:)

soliver

• TVCasualty, AGAMA, TurkeyRanch and 2 others like this

#2 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

It is good to have you back
  • Soliver and AGAMA like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,908 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world...

• AGAMA likes this

#4 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:35 PM

Then head to the store to buy a pack of gum with a check that you wait until they ring up to start filling out

#5 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

I learned that from sending a girl some contacts in prison, where you have the added onus of not wanting to become an "object of interest".

They don't want to deal with that extra bit on info, should you choose to give it to them.

I found this out and have used it ever since.

Right up until they want a prison address, you can do all kinds of things that circumvent doctors and their fucking signatures.

All they are good for right? Who doesn't do their own Dx online anyway?

Even doctors do it!!!

I even saw a posting from a car mechanic who had a way to measure your own eye prescription using a laser wheel alignment tool and the side of a barn.

#6 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

It is good to have you back

Thanks jed  :)

Real anarchists never die;

they just update their cookbooks...

soliver

• AGAMA and Phineas_Carmichael like this

#7 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

I even saw a posting from a car mechanic who had a way to measure your own eye prescription using a laser wheel alignment tool and the side of a barn.

Geezus ... I've been hard-up for replacement contacts before, but it'll have to be a really hard day before I let my mechanic anywhere near my eyeholes with a laser alignment tool . . .

I'm all about circumventing the medical establishment.  In a different lifetime I worked in sales and saw operating rooms in literally hundreds of hospitals - nightmare shit all around, even in the 'good' ones.

But don't get me started on the medical establishment ... I'll be here all damn night, and someone's gotta make dinner ...

soliver

• happy4nic8r likes this

#8 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

I've got all night, but I don't want to spend it here, you are right.

Hell I almost spilled my beer on the keyboard, and it's only 2:12pm.

I have met some mechanics who are more physically adept than some shaky handed doctors who want you to let them cut on you a bit.....

And they both drink and shoot heroin, but the doctor won't admit it.

• Soliver likes this

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,684 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

Nice!

I'd been doing something similar for years (long before you could buy prescription eyewear online), but my approach was more overtly fraudulent. I took the chance figuring that enforcement of forged contact and eyeglass prescriptions is not a very high priority as it's probably not a very big problem. In fact it's such a non-issue that as long it's submitted before its arbitrary and capricious expiration date then they'll even accept a photocopy! That was great since it meant I never actually forged anyone's signature. [Edit to add: I did this right before moving across the country, which may have played a part in their lack of interest in verifying it as it required making a long-distance phone call]

All I did was take a real 'script and photocopy it with the date fields covered by a piece of paper that I wrote an appropriately-recent date on. I kept the original so was able to use the same prescription for about 12 years.

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world...

It's gotta start somewhere!

In my case, paraphrasing Dylan Thomas captures my sentiments best when I'm dealing with the Lens Syndicate: Rage, rage against the extortion of my diopter! :chucks:

Real anarchists never die;

they just update their cookbooks...

I sure hope so, considering that the A.C. was disinfo produced by COINTELPRO. If the various instructions included in it won't lead to your death (many will), then they'll lead to your profound embarrassment and humiliation. Just as intended...

Ever notice how you could get the A.C. in giant corporate-chain bookstores (well, some of them, though it's been a while since I checked)? But not any of the Poor Man's James Bond series (a TRUE classic! :thumbs_up: )? Or anything by Uncle Fester? Some of Fester's how-to's have dangerous errors (do NOT follow his "Practical Manufacture of LSD" instructions found in his book by the same name!!), but at least he was trying to be accurate. 

Edited by TVCasualty, 07 April 2015 - 05:58 PM.

• Soliver and Juthro like this

#10 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:49 PM

Ah, the "Poor Man's James Bond"!

Takes me back almost 35 years,

to remember that one first-hand.

Enjoyed the first one, until a 'friend'

relieved me of it. Haven't seen either 

of them for over thirty years now...

(It was worth losing the book,

to see their true colors.)

Anyway, as relates to the original subject matter:

I understand not wanting to get sucked into the

'cash trap' that optometry has evolved into in the

last few decades. That said, please DO NOT

'bypass' protocol to save a few bucks, if you DO

notice changes in your vision(I can't believe that

I'm trying to be the voice of reason on this subject!).

It's difficult to diagnose and treat cataracts and

glaucoma at home.

But, as far as other ways to circumvent similar

scenarios, I'm all ears(well, all eyes, anyway...). 

• Soliver and Juthro like this

#11 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

Poor Man's James Bond?'

Well, shit ... I've never even heard of it... musta blinked when that one came around?

As for the A.C.  .. 

Well, that was a work of comedy when it was published, but me & my pals didn't know it.  Some of the stuff in there was legit - sadly, most of the parts involving the construction of home-made boom devices.  The shit we did when we were kids would have landed us and all of our immediate family in maximum security "what the fuck" lockdown today, but back then it was pretty much a rite of passage.

That said .... and I've NEVER admitted this to ANYONE ...

EVER.

Once, when my parents were out of town, I bought 10 pounds of bananas, tossed the inside fruit at passing trains, then followed the instructions, scraping the insides & boiling it down & drying it into powder - to create the WONDER DRUG ....

Banadine!

Needless to say, after working all day to find myself smoking fucking extracted banana peels ... well.  It was a learning experience I'll no longer have to take to my grave (thank you mycotopia).  

But it did (and does) guide my mind when seeing shit online that seems too good to be true ...

Like harvesting mycelium from LC jars for consumption.  I never tried it , but I recall several users swearing on its legitimacy...

Kids.

soliver

• AGAMA likes this

#12 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

Well wtf am i gonna do with all these banans

#13 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:07 PM

Well wtf am i gonna do with all these banans

Well, if you can't fit 'em all in your ass, I suppose you could always make a slurry, toss in some yeast, then distill whatever happens next.

soliver

• coorsmikey and AGAMA like this

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,684 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

The worst is having to smoke banana peel resin out of my carved-apple bong when I run out. But it's tradition to ALWAYS wear a fez when hittin' some bananas (or "pullin' peels," as the kids refer to it). But take it easy, they're a gateway fruit to smokin' plantains.

:smoking-hookah:   <- I just wanted an excuse to post that smiley. I might be the first one to ever do so. And probably the last, lol.

This is a neat clip in its entirety, but the relevant part is what he says in the first few seconds (and may be part of what helped create the persistent myth about bananas getting people high):

[Direct Link]

I looked around for a while but couldn't find the clip I was looking for, which was of a Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour satirical protest song against smoking banana peels called "Ban the Banana!" (I think...). I saw it a few years ago while watching a compilation of their old shows, which were awesomely subversive.

They marched around the stage with anti-banana slogans on signs looking as serious as a mob "concerned parents," which is one of the most stridently-banal and dangerous types of mobs one can encounter, especially to fans of personal freedom. 

The song/sketch stopped me in my tracks and made my jaw drop thanks to its uncanny prescience regarding the War on (People With) Drugs, not to mention how scathing of a satire it was. It was downright radical for 1960's network television, which is why they eventually got canceled. One of them, I think it was Tommy, got beat up by the cops in '64 at a concert, which politicized him but because he maintained his conservatively-dressed, clean-shaven image the guardians of the status quo didn't notice until it was too late, and songs like White Rabbit had been broadcast in Prime Time before The Man realized they should be censored. Bwahahahahaha....

EDIT: My apologies. YouTube is a pile of shit.

Edited by TVCasualty, 08 April 2015 - 10:43 AM.

• Soliver, Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#15 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

I didn't understand "The Smothers" until I did LSD for the first time, then it clicked.  Before that, I couldn't figure out what was supposed to be so damned funny about these two uber-straight guys who almost looked like they'd be fucking each other in the back of the van after a show ... they had these damn .... googly eyes? 

Taught me a great understanding of appearances and the importance of dressing the part - and being able to remove the uniform when the day is done - some folks get trapped in their own external farce, and that is a sad thing to see for sure.

soliver

• TVCasualty likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!