#21 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,431 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

poor fox, if that is one, hard to tell the way it looks and the pic. there are non lethal way to deter the lil guy from coming back i'm sure. M80's ? a pellet in the ass from a pump BB rifle :) rocks.. i dunno, never had a problem living in the city. never been that far out. good luck wild, i hope no human or animal gets hurt gets.

I'm not judging and I don't disagree, but all of those methods are considered harassing wildlife here and are illegal and will get you a 'ell of a fine. I am sure the laws are not the same in Canada where WildE lives, though they might be even more severe. On the other hand, at least here, if wildlife is threatening you or your property (including pets), it is legal to take lethal measures, just not to harass them (go figure)
  • mycowarrier, wildedibles and wharfrat like this

#22 mycowarrier

mycowarrier

former blockhead

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,559 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:34 PM

poor fox, if that is one, hard to tell the way it looks and the pic. there are non lethal way to deter the lil guy from coming back i'm sure. M80's ? a pellet in the ass from a pump BB rifle :) rocks.. i dunno, never had a problem living in the city. never been that far out. good luck wild, i hope no human or animal gets hurt gets.

I'm not judging and I don't disagree, but all of those methods are considered harassing wildlife here and are illegal and will get you a 'ell of a fine. I am sure the laws are not the same in Canada where WildE lives, though they might be even more severe. On the other hand, at least here, if wildlife is threatening you or your property (including pets), it is legal to take lethal measures, just not to harass them (go figure)

This inspires me to start a thread on ridiculous laws in this USA.

and i will.

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#23 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,757 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

DO NOT YELL AT WILDLIFE!!! but you can kill them.. that's funny

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#24 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,431 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

Last summer a man in an Anchorage park (in the middle of the city) got a ticket for harassing the wildlife, after being mauled by a grizzly bear after feeding it hot dogs during a pick-nick. The bear was given a full pardon. That is about the most productive example of the wildlife management authority that I can give.
  • mycowarrier, wildedibles and wharfrat like this

#25 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:54 AM

http://www.ontario.c...ned-wild-animal

Here is our ministry of natural resources and forestry page about sick or injures animals

It would be different if we were out of town it would have been taken care of already ....

My hubby just reminded me we have a trapper that lives close to me its worth a visit to talk to him in the morning ...we cannot shoot a gun in town without a big fine and not too many people have a gun in town anyway

and I know how serious this can be it came nose to nose with a little dog yesterday I am worried about the little dogs on a chain that are no bigger than a small cat

but there is bigger problems cause this is very very close to a park for kids to play in this fox not being afraid of people it can easily harrass the kids in the park and many adults leave the children alone in the park ...worst case something happens to a kid and thats not good

there is people that live with woods in behind them in this area and I am sure if they get the chance to shoot it with the woods in the back ground that they would to protect their animals cause in Canada you can shoot an animal if they are endangering your animals or family property etc...

Hahaha now I am getting somewhere why didnt the lady on the phone tell me about this web site and the animal rescue centers ?? there is a special at risk for rabies animals care centers nothing very close to us but maybe they will travel to help?? give a few of these people a call in the morning as well :)

Ya the only one close to me does not deal with animals that can carry rabies but I will call them first and ask them which one to call cause the others are over an hour away maybe they will know which ones that will travel ...

I am not giving up till I hear answers and find a solution I do not wanna see a friends dog get hurt or someones kid

I love all animals and am usually the first one out there tending to it but this one I know I have to keep my distance I do not trust it too sick but healthy enough to run at you and is not scared away possibly living in town this thing is after easy meals

One thing to mention some people leave say cat food out side I used to to feed the strays or your own cat that decided to stay outside well this is bad you attract other animals besides the stray cat

Compost must only contain veggie material and if possible have a lid be in a bucket etc to keep animals out

Never dump meat grease and i will leave it at any wheat / grains especially ones that have a meat taste or a sauce all this can be food for animals like our little fox and well you are attracting the sick animals that are after the easiest snack out there  

oh one more recycling cans that have a taste still left in them are easily licked out my mom has a coyote that makes its rounds to everyones compost and recycling buckets but she likes in the woods you have wild life every where ;)

I told my Grandma about this fox she said no hair that be a funny looking tail on that fox she said mange for sure ..she knows me well and says to stay away but make all the calls I need to make this little one shouldnt be suffering she says .....

I let her know I am a bush girl I know enough to give animals their space living in the deep woods where a tiny town is carved out of nearest neighbor couldnt be seen there when I was a kid but more and more people are buying land there but it is still a tiny town blink and miss it kinda town more woods around than town ;) ....animals in town can be hard to deal with we do not want any stray bullets flying around or for one to hit a rail road tie or metal rail and bounce off and hit a ...that be just as bad as ignoring this fox....but I cannot stop any of these red necks either they know there is a sick fox you think rabies right away and some do not wanna take the chance .....

I hope one of these centers will come get it and check for babies too its going under a shed so you never know?? I just cannot believe the gov .... municipality and the natural resources would not help shake my head at least I know how to look for the web site myself get more help on the web then the phone ;)

Thanks for all your help people I will keep you updated after making more calls tomrow :)

Edited by wildedibles, 24 April 2015 - 03:38 AM.

#26 dice

dice

Jack of all trades.

• OG VIP
  • 2,522 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:17 AM

I'm sorry yall I feel bad now.

And dont shoot at the thing with a bb gun whatever you do.

10 pumps can easily wound the fox then he will run off and die in pain.

But I stand my ground.

If you are not able to find someone to come get it,

than you have to do what's needed.

And the town has to understand that

• wildedibles likes this

#27 SoCalR1Rider

SoCalR1Rider

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

Yes, sadly enough life lives, and dies. 30-06. Problem solved. NOW can we get back to dreaming of our place amongst the stars instead of worrying about our place in this speck of dust called Earth?
  • wildedibles likes this

#28 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:30 PM

We havent seen this little one in a few days ....thinking someone took care of him already ...Heard this one was all over town ....we are keeping en eye out for him tho and listing to the people in town see what happen to him ....

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!