#21 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

I'm gonna be a little smug here and say "I called it!"

Jackie Chan's recent comments on Hong Kong sparked anger on social media. The Hong Kong-born actor expressed nationalist support for Beijing on Weibo. He is among many Chinese celebrities who have shared the hashtag "Five-starred red flag has 1.4 billion flag guards", state media CCTV's patriotic social media campaign referring to China's 1.4 billion population.

From a Chinese State-run Youtube account (since I couldn't find this on BitChute):

[Direct Link]

It's pretty fucked up that our freedom of speech and the press can be used by oppressive regimes and their tools to help undermine stuff like freedom of speech and the press.

#22 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

Unfortunately I think its what they all need to do over there in China. To calm down and maybe smoke a joint or two. They have no problem harvesting and killing off species to promote penis growth and sexual potency. But you should be put to death if you try to achieve enlightenment with drugs. Just be a good little state robot and fall in line

#23 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:05 PM

Unfortunately I think its what they all need to do over there in China. To calm down and maybe smoke a joint or two. They have no problem harvesting and killing off species to promote penis growth and sexual potency. But you should be put to death if you try to achieve enlightenment with drugs. Just be a good little state robot and fall in line

Not to mention enormous female infanticide rates that eclipse even that of total numbers of male deaths in most wars combined, and continues on at nearly the same rates in India (world's second largest nation), so you can roughly double those numbers.  And while the US doesnt allow such obscene numbers of deaths of one gender here, we also do nothing to stop it or slow it in the rest of the world, so we empower it by allowing it.  And thats saying nothing of the world's largest emprisoned population; our 2 million man slave labor camp currently making shoes for Nike cheaper than China, India, or even Mexico can compete with.      

With that backdrop, how can any of us kneel at the feet of authority in this day and age?  When this is what they've brought us.  All that stardom Jackie Chan has, still cant make him forget whose titties he suckles; what a pussy.  Ironic really, that what we thought was a fighter with a good sense of humor, is really just a pussy actor (in the worst sense of the word) with a corrupted sense of humanity. 

Hey, wasnt it cooperation that brought humanity so far?  And now that corruption has taken over our most sacred institutions, perhaps the institution itself deserves some attention...and perhaps what we might find is a culture giving undeserved respect to its institutions that then take advantage of the very people they were sworn to protect, making the whole system obsolete.  This is the beginnings of revolution here and elsewhere.  Its palpably bubbling from beneath.  Might be time to get prepared for war.

Edited by riseabovethought, 17 August 2019 - 01:10 PM.

• TVCasualty likes this

#24 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

I was expressing similar sentiments to my friends in real-life back when I originally posted this thread, and some of those friends thought I was being a little harsh on the poor guy.

They reconsidered when I reminded them that he supported the death penalty in the context of drugs, though Chan didn't specify if he meant he was in favor of executing dealers and not users, or if it was a psychotic Duterte-style "kill 'em all" approach he was favoring.

I assume that Chan supports executing the smugglers and dealers, but not necessarily the users (or he'd be condemning his own son), and the friend I'd just bought some buds from and with whom I was having that conversation got a funny look on his face and changed his tune when I reminded him that I was judging Chan so harshly because he was in favor of killing a fair number of my friends and I don't like people who want to kill my friends or who support others doing it for them.

• riseabovethought likes this

#25 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

Have you guys seen that vice about what they are doing with their Muslims down there. People often cite the book 1984 when talking about privacy. Its real and its being used everyday over there. Not a huge fan of VICE but they do have some eye openers 

https://www.youtube....h?v=v7AYyUqrMuQ

#26 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:48 PM

Or how about the actual person rating system. Just like the black mirror episode.... So creepy

#27 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,203 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:38 PM

I'm just going to leave this here, because I think it says it all pretty well:

https://www.ted.com/...ipt?language=en

Edited by darci, 23 August 2019 - 09:39 PM.

#28 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

I was expressing similar sentiments to my friends in real-life back when I originally posted this thread, and...

I don't like people who want to kill my friends or who support others doing it for them.

TV, and everyone else - please check out this podcast called 'It Could Happen Here'

It really got me thinking carefully about real world war scenarios and how we might prepare for what might be thrown at us, in a SHTF type situation.  I ate it up and wish there were more episodes, but for now it stands alone as I havent ever seen anything like it, and its made me think deeply about such scenarios, ever since first hearing it many months ago.

https://mycotopia.ne...ld-happen-here/

Edited by riseabovethought, 28 August 2019 - 02:13 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!