Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

R&R Thread w/ Happy Ending: Cop Tries to Arrest 14-yr. Old Girl, Bystanders Say No. Bystanders Win!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,585 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

I've been waiting for years to see this happen. I figured it was only a matter of time. That time has now come, I'm pleased to report.

You know those videos of street encounters where 20 bystanders watch 2 or 3 cops do something fucked up but don't do anything about it beyond yelling at the cops or recording the incident?

Have you ever wondered "Why the heck don't all those people step in and stop that asshole with a badge from illegally abusing his authority?"

Yeah, me too.

I guess the Tipping Point has finally been reached since a few days ago the (rather small) crowd that gathered during an incident DID step in and say "NO." And amazingly enough, the cop left empty-handed in shame to the taunts of the crowd.

The real fun begins about 6 minutes into it:

[Direct Link]

:thumbs_up:

• kcmoxtractor, riseabovethought, wildedibles and 2 others like this

#2 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,582 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

I love it!! 

People should always stand up for themselves, even if they are wrong.

It's not against the law to stand up for your rights, and yourself.

There are a lot of people in jail for nothing but talking back to a cop.

I was on the beach on day in Huntington Beach, Ca. when two undercover cops tried to arrest a dude on the beach for smoking a joint.

The whole beach unloaded on these cops and they got not only their ass handed to them, but their cars overturned and set fire, and the whole substation trashed and rocks thrown at them.

They shut the beach and chrome helmets on horseback reigned terror on anyone who couldn't leave fast enough.

It was really something for a 15 year old kid to witness.

They still have a cop on every corner in downtown HB, 45 years later.

• TVCasualty likes this

#3 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:43 PM

Ha!

We are more than them, we give them their power by giving them their power. This is an example of exercising the power of right, vs the power of an egomaniac sociopathic reactive police officer. Good for them.

The peoples side would have looked better without the semi-hysterical woman jabbering nonstop and being confrontational, but it worked out well in the end. Win for the people!
  • TVCasualty, wildedibles and illigitimateJester like this

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,889 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

I'm waiting for a Nation to realize where its power really lies. Then, possibly a Global Village.....

We need to shame more bullies than just the two in the video.

Funny, how mainstream attention to one's action (all action) can cause one to become more thoughtful prior to taking action.

#5 mushfun

mushfun

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 40 posts

Donator

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:37 PM

Good stuff

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,029 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

The terrible thing is that there are some really good people in law enforcement, but power hungry jackholes like these jokers make all of them suspect. I have 5 members of my family in, and they are all good people in fact one of them has dealt with this power hunger from his chief of police and ended up getting canned because he refused to tow the line.

Remember guys, these fuckheads don't represent all cops. But I have to admit seeing these guys getting their comeuppance was great!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 08 August 2015 - 07:21 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!