• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Mycomaniac2007

Mycomaniac2007

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

I really need to get the true meaning of communism... Im not as good at knowing the true meaning of certain vocabulary , im more of a hands on and learn better by experience... Anyway I like this discussion and was a bit skeptical about posting that actual flyer so I took it down as its downright hateful... But I like to talk about things like this to get a better idea of other people's points and opinions. And I see things in a different light when I have these conversations that I have trouble doing in person. Im shy and conversations with people I dont know really well is hard for me due to past trauma.

What is everyone's actual perception of communism ? I usually keep to myself on touchy issues in general but being handed this bullshit piece of paper really grinds my gears.

I like the diversity here at mycotopia and for some reason I get alot of insight that I missed out on in my younger years by being secluded , and was blind to anything outside my own tunnel vision due to my own struggles.

Edited by Mycomaniac2007, 18 June 2015 - 02:08 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#22 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:05 PM

2013-07-16-01-01.jpg

Dictator and King Trumpet walls.

• mycowarrier, TurkeyRanch and happy4nic8r like this

#23 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,851 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

I'd say, forget the systems with names like communism and democracy.  It's all a shell game.   Call them "public relations" if you like.  You need them like you need a razor with 27 blades.

• happy4nic8r likes this

#24 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

I really understood Communism to mean "each according to his needs and contributing according to your abilities". 

Which in reality doesn't work, but it's a nice political selling point, like everyone gets to contribute what they can and get everything they need.

In reality it means huge lines for sundry items, and the really hard work still needs illegals to come into your country and work for nothing cuz you're too lazy to do it yourself.

At this point a razor with 30 blades couldn't prune my hedge.

Edited by happy4nic8r, 18 June 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#25 fritshrooms

fritshrooms

Fungus Amongus

• Expired Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

was it posted in here?

free-hugs.jpg

Please stop posting my house all over the internet.
  • Mycomaniac2007, mycowarrier and CatsAndBats like this

#26 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,490 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:02 PM

I really need to get the true meaning of communism... 

Not necessarily 'the meaning', per se but here are Marx's Ten Planks:

The Ten Planks of the  
Communist Manifesto 
1848 by Karl Heinrich Marx  

1. Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the state.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the  improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8. Equal obligation of all to work.  Establishment of Industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc. etc.

You can go to the website (which I'd never heard of) to find out how far they think a country like the USA has adopted these planks.

Edited by August West, 18 June 2015 - 10:02 PM.

• mycowarrier likes this

#27 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

I've read the communist manifesto, and what I took away from it was that, of course, there's cycles to everything, even society. So what happens is that the lower class gets tired of being stepped on, and rise up against the bourgeois, a revolution of sorts. Then the lower class becomes the upper class, and a new work force(lower class) is created from the rubble. and so on and so on......Communism was the idea that was put into play to cease the cycle of society, everyone equal, a doctor makes what a burger flipper makes, no one owns land, everything is owned and operated via the state, no private sector......  Only in a perfect world devoid of humans and emotions would any utopia-like scenario be achievable. 

• mycowarrier likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!