3 replies to this topic

#1 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

I just figured I would throw up a thread of my garden. I'm a lil late, as I started this back in march. But I have a beginning pic, and a current pic, to see progress.

This is organic style. I'm using Alaska fish fert., as well as Alaska MorBloom (which claims to be organic). Happy Frog as well as mostly Ocean Forrest was used as soil. BuffaLoam was added as a top dressing.

The bed is 6" deep, 3' long, and 1.5' wide. 

I currently have 2 types of corn, Cherokee Gem corn, and Hopi Red corn. I have some lettuce in there. Marconi Roso peppers, as well as some Trinidad Scorpions. 2 types of japanese beans, ones a snake bean, the other a large purple podded shelling bean. 2 heirloom tomato varieties, purple cherokee, and rainbow. Okra is in there, as well as honeydew melon. A couple purple Tomatillos and a tobacco plant(Rustica) reside in there also.

I'll post more pix as fruits and veggies start to appear. The corn is really amazing eye candy.

This was beginning of April

018.jpg

This is current

013.jpg

And this lovely lady was hanging out around the corn ready to build her nest and give birth

004.jpg

002.jpg

• eastwood, Mycomaniac2007, TurkeyRanch and 2 others like this

#2 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:08 AM

Nice container garden!

Your corn is bigger than mine, the ducks keep nibbling on it. Keep those spiders, they work better than spraying.

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,431 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:42 AM

Some how I missed your thread brother, but I am watching now.

As TR said, nice container garden! Looking forward to seeing updates.

Happy growing friend.

Juth

:)

#4 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:54 PM

thanx guys. This is a trial and error thing. I'm attempting a sort of companion planting, and though I know that tomatoes and tobacco should never be planted together, it doesnt seem to have had any effects on either plant.

I planted the beans right along next to the corn, and now realize I should have waited on the beans, as they are outgrowing the corn. But I figured the beans would add extra nitrogen to the soil, and corn is a big feeder of nitrogen.

I have tassles coming on the corn right now, and hoping that I can possibly get in 2 harvests of corn this year, we'll see.

I have a few tomatoes taking fruit and stoked about those, I love garden tomatoes.

I had a garden in this same container last year, but not nearly as much stuff.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!